Houses Near Big C

antaray

Hi

I wonder how much are houses near BIG C (near means we have no car or motorcycle) - 15 min walk is ok - month rent rate?

1 store with 1 bedroom is enough - or more (furnished or unfurnished) if to rent for 1 year

Are there condos except this condo of blue color opposite BIG C?

may be we should check some places near Tesco (crystal is sad) or Carrefour

I assume you are talking about the Big C on the Hang Dong Road? There is another Big C on the superhighway to Lampang.

On the same road closer to Chiang Mai is a Tesco Lotus (there is also another one on the other side of town)).

Just before the Tesco Lotus (closer to town), is the Siam Commercial Bank, just before the bank you have a mobaan (Dacheaso and hideaway are in the same mobaan).

I just noticed a couple new signs with one story houses for rent.

This is at walking distance from the Tesco Lotus as well as the Central Airport Plaza.

Think those blue things are for students aren't they?

Gawd knows, I would pay maybe 3,000 tops for a room there.

it was built by some rich young farang apparently.

it was built by some rich young farang apparently. :) apparently the "Avatar" mansion is owned by a Thai. I have looked at several of the apartments, and a piss poor design would be a understatement. There is a reason why its near empty 3 years... and counting.

Edited by PlaShadow

This may sound like a dumb question at this time, but my wife and I have been planning for several years to retire to Chiang Mai. We are aware that the political situation is bound to be "difficult" for some time to come, but we were planning to move to CM from Europe in September. Should we still continue with our plans or should we look to move somewhere in the south for now at least?

We're confused and are from this distance cannot work out how much ex-pat life in CM is impacted by this. Our family are in Bangkok so their experience is a little more unsettling.

We're confused and thus a bit worried! :)

This may sound like a dumb question at this time, but my wife and I have been planning for several years to retire to Chiang Mai. We are aware that the political situation is bound to be "difficult" for some time to come, but we were planning to move to CM from Europe in September. Should we still continue with our plans or should we look to move somewhere in the south for now at least?

We're confused and are from this distance cannot work out how much ex-pat life in CM is impacted by this. Our family are in Bangkok so their experience is a little more unsettling.

We're confused and thus a bit worried! :)

sorry, make a new topic, please...

your question has nothing in common with the topic-starters one

Im renting in a moo baan in between tesco and airport plaza, walking distance for farang.

It's a normal 2 bedroom 2 bathroom house, aircon living and master bedroom, hotshower in 1 bathroom, non furnished 6.000 per month. During the hot weather the past few months around 3.000 baht for electric+water.

There are sometimes more houses for rent here, so it might be worth driving around in the area. Bring somebody who can read thai as 'for rent' signs are hardly ever in english.

back to topic?

house near big c (tesco, macro, carrefour) - how much

Carrefour? You are talking about Hang Dong Road right? Not the Superhighway (11)?

Assuming you are, then I live just down a bit from Macros. You can get a nice 2/3 bed place in BanWangTan (though its a walk to the main road!) for around 10-12 k easily. Moo Bahn Petburin (on the main road - next to 7-11 U-Turn after Macros) you can get a 3/4 bed town house for 5-6k (older houses not much of a garden likely in 4 beds). Yellow Songtaews will take you to town, Airport Plaza/Robertsons/Rimping Supermarket, Lotus Tesco, Big-C/HomePro etc for 15 Baht - you can walk to Macros. 2 x 7-11 Either side of the road, nice Thai Cafe just along a bit, new Pizza/Pasta Place opposite (run by an Aussie), hairdressers, mechanics, DIY shop and so on all close by.