Moving Satellite Dish To New Satellite Myself.

garethbrunt

Hi all,

looking for help from those with knowledge of satellite receiver setup. I have a basic black dish PSI Star S7 dish receiver thta currently points to Thaicom 2/5c-band. I however want to move to Asia sat 4. However when I move the dish to the correct position I get absolutley no signal, same with all other sats too, asia sat 2, 3 etc so im obviously missing something. Is there anything I need to change in receiver settings?

On another note, channels displayed in the listings such as Money Channel and entrapeneur channel are not present, is this the norm or are some viwers of thaicom2/5 able to see these channels.

Thanks in advance.

There is nothing on AS4 these days after the HITS mux left. Only a few DVB IP data channels. So maybe this is why you can not find it. Use this link to see what is on what satellite - http://www.lyngsat.com/asia and set your receiver to an active channel shown on the lists, and then search the sky with your dish.

Also look at dish pointer to help you, it even has an iPhone app to help you more - http://www.dishpointer.com/

Your Location

Latitude: 13.7234°

Longitude: 100.4762°

Name: 100.5E Asiasat 2

Distance: 36005km

Elevation: 73.9°

Azimuth (true): 179.9°

Azimuth (magn.): 180.8°

LNB Skew [?]: -0.1°

Keep in ming that the LNB needs to be rotated 90 degrees for some satellites.

Not necessarily, a lot of LNB's can switch between horizontal and vertical polarization, but this would obviously require a receiver properly programmed to control said LNB!

There's a bit more to satellite reception then just aiming the dish at the proper bird :)

I know a fair bit about it, but prefer to get a pro in who likely will get it over with in 5 minutes and 500 Baht :D

There's a bit more to satellite reception then just aiming the dish at the proper bird :D

I know a fair bit about it, but prefer to get a pro in who likely will get it over with in 5 minutes and 500 Baht :D

:)