Australian Man Arrested Over Thai Protests

webfact

Why is it always the Aussies and Brit who come to center stage here in Thailand for being just plain stupid.

Hint #1: bottles are involved

So he should hate the Reds then as they took his bottle away when he was speaking on the stage :)

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking of his own embassy, it's a shame he didn't heed the advice from May 3rd and get the heck out of town:

But the Australian Embassy has raised doubts over Purcell's background. Investigations are reported to question his university and military experience, and that he was not a member of the Army reserves, sources told AAP.

The English language Bangkok Post, quoting an embassy source, said Purcell's behaviour and public statements were disturbing and he had been advised to return to Australia. He's actually broken quite a few Thai laws, the report said.

The Sydney Morning Herald from May 3, 2010

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world...00503-u3jt.html

Glad They got this guy, He should be put in the darwin awards. Someone that stupid should be taken out of the gene pool!

He didnt realize that win or lose for the Red shirts, He personally was going to lose.

Git

Greg

i agree and what next deported him good thinhk

That was pretty dumb getting on stage but I have not listened to what he said while he was up there.

The more "foreigner arrested" stories we can get into international papers, the better. I'd prefer the next 6 - 9 months to be a total ghost town here.

Is he wearing that bandana to stop his pea sized brain falling out of his ear? I don't know who is worse this buffoon or the female Aussie singer who subjected us to her excruciatingly dreadful songs at PAD rallies. :D

Laugh? I nearly p#**#* myself! Good one :)

Conor David Purcell on Red Shirt stage

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

What a wan** another know-it-all Australia representing the "western values".

Oh yeah Australia is an egalitarian society.. as long as you are white, narrow minded and a racist.

Australia is the only country to make an international incident over one of their trashy tourists stealing a bar mat.

Wondered how long it would be...... :)

Why is it always the Aussies and Brit who come to center stage here in Thailand for being just plain stupid.

There is plenty of stupidity to go around and it has little to do with nationality. Two Dutch guys got busted in Chiang Mai for vandalism while helping the "protesters".

Glad They got this guy, He should be put in the darwin awards. Someone that stupid should be taken out of the gene pool!

He didnt realize that win or lose for the Red shirts, He personally was going to lose.

Git

Greg

:) hahahaha you made my day, "taken out of the gene pool" :D:D:D

Walter Mitty type. Fantasizes. Clearly has no ability to make intelligent judgements. What do you do with someone like that? In Ireland or Australia (I'm not sure which is his home country), such a person would not be able to hold continuing employment and would drift around on the margins of society, fed and housed by the taxpayer.

What was he doing here? I'll bet he didn't have a work permit.

Putting him in gaol would achieve nothing. Thailand would not benefit. It would be of no benefit to him. No benefit to anyone really. Perhaps just send him back to wherever he came from (if they'll have him) with a lifetime ban on re-entering the Kingdom.

In this case, it seems retribution would be completely pointless (but let's see the psychologists' reports first).

Any foreigner stupid enough to get mixed up in the red's protest deserves a one way ticket home. Remember you are a guest here, so advocating violence or arson or overthrowing the government will not make you very popular. Only question is whether Australia wants him back.

Walter Mitty type. Fantasizes. Clearly has no ability to make intelligent judgements. What do you do with someone like that? In Ireland or Australia (I'm not sure which is his home country), such a person would not be able to hold continuing employment and would drift around on the margins of society, fed and housed by the taxpayer.

What was he doing here? I'll bet he didn't have a work permit.

Putting him in gaol would achieve nothing. Thailand would not benefit. It would be of no benefit to him. No benefit to anyone really. Perhaps just send him back to wherever he came from (if they'll have him) with a lifetime ban on re-entering the Kingdom.

In this case, it seems retribution would be completely pointless (but let's see the psychologists' reports first).

I didn't know they gave work permits for guest speaking at political demonstrations.

Ha... another patsy.

I wonder how many of the speakers will escape arrest or just written off into the "cannot be found" category.

I have mixed feelings about the coming punishment for this guy and as long as what he receives what others doing the same receive then ok. But if a double standard applies, then regardless of his nationality, people should be screaming unfair.

TheWalkingMan

Oh yeah Australia is an egalitarian society.. as long as you are white, narrow minded and a racist.

It sounds like you are being a tad racist yourself there.

Australia is in fact one of the most multicultural societies on the planet & has some very supportive policies for people that don't fall into the cateogry you outline above.

Of course there are some issues surrounding the Aboriginal's, the native Australian people & many of those issues are constantly being addressed to the advantage of the indigenous people. I am also not too narrow minded to realise that more work needs to be done in that area.

Australia is indeed a great place to live, if you are in fact a new immigrant there.

Like any of these situations, just because one fool from a certain country does something, does not warrant an all out attack on all people from that country. :)

Git

Greg

May be he was looking for a one way ticket home. His Wish is Thai Government command

Some Irish lad, described as 'Australian" blathering some tinpot revolutionary gibberish in an American accent, trying to preach about something he doesn't know, in a place he shouldn't be!

Not only a Che O'Guevara, but also a trained soldier. And an ace sniper. A teacher. A Charity Worker. An economics expert and admirer of Thacky's economics (<deleted>?) ..."His macro-economic policies, I thought, were brilliant"!! .... Probably a Brain Surgeon too, in his spare time!

What a dumb, demented, <deleted>!

I wonder if his so-called "Charity Work" included offering charity mercenary services to a multi-billionaire and displaying his alleged sniper prowess, clad in a black shirt and face mask, for the billionaire's covert terrorist army?!

After his 15 minutes of fame (infamy), I hope this douche enjoys countless hours in the Bangkok Hilton!

so now I know what UDDD stands for

:)

Aussie's say I am an Aussie

Others say I am Irish Australian

or I am Chinese Australian etc.

THis way we can determine where these noddies come from.

Ireland - say no more nudge nudge wink wink

In Thailand they simply say stupid falang

Hey this guy is not an Aussie, he is infact Irish, although most of our hertiage is from there. How our Government gave this idiot Australian citizenship is beyond me. How long was here in Australia not a hint of an Australian accent. Send him back to Ireland and take his Australian passport off him.

Edited by Dudley23

You would think the instinct for self-preservation would have warned him off appearing on stage.

However, I wonder, if the government had fallen and been replaced by a Red Shirt based coalition, what some of our members who were overtly critical of the protesters would be doing right now.

The blood lust shown by many here, on a public forum no less, which has a world-wide stage, was reprehensible.

Pot...Kettle...Black.