I Have A Huge Problem, Please Help!

Heres a little wake up call people.... someone is accusing me of lying and yet doesn't understand the meaning of the word detained.

Why would someone lie about such a thing????? I am embarrassed as hel_l by this whole travesty of a situation. I don't know what kind of people you guys are used to around here but I am 100% honest and just looking for some solid assistance from English speakers.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, the person you left your passport with how well did you know them. People I know that I may leave my passport with for safe keeping would not do a runner, knowing they had my passport. No need for caps.

If your story is true I undrstand that you are under pressure and stress so cool it, you have recieved a lot of advice on what to do and it is all good advice.

You should be getting some sleep you have a long day at immigration today.

Good luck on getting it all sorted out.

I can't sleep because I am stressed out "mr666".

The guy who has my passport in his safe, I have KNOWN FOR 15 YEARS, WE WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL TOGETHER IN CALIFORNIA. BELIEVE ME OR NOT, I DON'T CARE.

THANKS FOR WISHING ME GOOD LUCK

People are trying to help but they do not have hours to waste on your story. Harassing them won't help.

Time to go to bed now! Sleep tight. Tomorrow will be another great day!!

You now have the CORRECT information and CORRECT paperwork needed to proceed with the CORRECT procedure at the CORRECT office. Just get on with it as soon as possible and don't forget to send us a thank you note before you fly off home.

FYI, You have never been 'detained'; that perception is all in your head. Through a combination of your inexperience and your irresponsibility, YOU have created the situation where you are unable to go home. You can cry it's not your fault for all your worth but the sooner you get your head around the fact that it IS your fault, the anger and frustration will go away and you can get some sleep instead of hanging out on here waiting for someone to post the 'magic bullet', one-size-fits-all, easy solution you crave but actually doesn't exist.

Forgive me for chiming in with your perceived detractors, but your attitude needs serious adjustment. The BULK of the people responding here have given you sound advice but you chose only to respond BY SHOUTING at the the ones who are having a problem embracing your predicament. That won't get you home any quicker. You have been told what is needed to move past the erroneous information that you were given by the US Embassy but you chose to berate them for something they did wrong several days ago. That won't get you home any quicker either.

So, I am of the opinion that the MULTIPLE warnings about your demeanor when you actually have to deal with the Immigration Police will be ignored and you will rant about how you want to go home RIGHT NOW! They will watch you throw all your toys out of the buggy and then ask you to come back later. If anonymous posters on a forum that YOU have chosen to seek advice on for a not-so-serious situation can push your buttons so easily, I shudder at what the Thai officials will do.

Good luck!

SINCERELY... good luck!

Edited by NanLaew

I still can't understand why the US Embassy issued a new passport when yours wasn't lost or stolen. What status did they issue it on? will they demand its return by your friend when they can contact him.

Well start with the name of the visa run people. go to their office to check that they are there. simple stuff to start. The number disconnected may be due to the problems.

If you went to Laos then you would have gone to Vientienne the capital, there is only one consul there.

I know I went to Vientiane... they don't have an "office"

Those are the people I went through, their number is currently off. I don't need to go back to laos, supposedly what I need to do is go to the place in Thailand that we RE-ENTERED and gave me my 60 day re-entry stamp. I am currently not in a position where I can do this, even if I had the means and transportation of getting there. I have been stranded here for weeks already, my plane ticket has been postponed and they are even saying 4000 BAHT extra for postponing it.

..if you decide to 'retrace' your steps to Ventiane, why not fly out from there to Tokyo..

No its a problem of leaving your passport in the care of people you donot know, if that part of the story is true. I would like to believe this guy but it just doesn't add up.

If he is being detained who has him locked up.

WHEN DID I EVER SAY I LEFT MY PASSPORT "WITH SOMEONE I DONT KNOW"??????

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? SERIOUSLY!

Attitude, dude. This is a whole different country than northern CA (where I was 25 yrs).

I v. much doubt you have to go to Nong Kai. You're getting a lot of good info on this thread. The things that are going to offend of anger you, let 'em go by the wayside.

Get all your papers together. Put on clean clothes, shave, and go to main office in Bkk. Act as calm and polite as you can. Thai imm, like all Thai bureaucracies, is greased by politeness. There is a way out, probably a lot simple than you currently imagine. It would help to have a Thai person with you. Thai bureaucrats prefer dealing with Thai. Once they start talking, they won't even look at you, but so what, as long as you're on the way to getting what you want.

The so-called 'friend' who has your passport in his safe sounds like a screw-up. I wouldn't want a friend like that. (ok, I'm goading you, but don't take the bait, dude. This is Thailand. You got to roll with things, even if they appear nutzoid).

Lucky for you, the rallies/riots are over, so that's one less hoop to jump through in Bkk.

1. The saga part seems to be of your own doing so please keep the blame where it lies - your missing friend and your apparently false trust in leaving your most important document in his keeping.

2. The Embassy clearly gave you instructions to contact Immigration to have stamps put in your Passport (as they always do) but last week Immigration was closed most days (they were open this Monday). You decided to leave during this period and Embassy as best guess (and they clearly indicated it is such) advised you Immigration would likely be able to take care of it at airport.

3. At airport it seems they did try to process you but no record of your entry could be found - likely because you could not name your entry point of even the week of your entry (from past posts).

4. I expect all will resolve itself today and you can be on your way. Unless there were irregularities in your original entry.

Well start with the name of the visa run people. go to their office to check that they are there. simple stuff to start. The number disconnected may be due to the problems.

If you went to Laos then you would have gone to Vientienne the capital, there is only one consul there.

I know I went to Vientiane... they don't have an "office"

Those are the people I went through, their number is currently off. I don't need to go back to laos, supposedly what I need to do is go to the place in Thailand that we RE-ENTERED and gave me my 60 day re-entry stamp. I am currently not in a position where I can do this, even if I had the means and transportation of getting there. I have been stranded here for weeks already, my plane ticket has been postponed and they are even saying 4000 BAHT extra for postponing it.

..if you decide to 'retrace' your steps to Ventiane, why not fly out from there to Tokyo..

They are not likely to allow him to cross the border into Laos, for the same reason as not allowing him to leave via the airport.

OP,

hopefully you have a copy of your old passport or at least a record of the number. If immigration search their database using your new passport number, they will obviously find nothing. If you do not have a record of your old passport, maybe your Embassy can find out.

So I tried to call the visa service run business and THEIR NUMBER IS DISCONNECTED.

Wow, do you think there's any chance that the visa service screwed you over? Perhaps they took your money but never paid for an actual visa. Could they fake a visa stamp? That might explain why it's not in the Thai immigration's records. I'm not one to call "scam" over every little thing, but it really makes we wonder. The fact that they have no office and their phone is now disconnected really makes me wonder.

I suspect these guys may have screwed up somehow.

:)

Well lets hope you have some good news today,to cut a long thread short...why why why like some guy mentioned dont you go to a locksmith get in a taxi and go to your "friends"house/condo/whatever....get the locksmith to open the door and open the safe,if it was an old school mate of mine he would of undertood this had to be done.it would have saved you getting in a state.

This is common sense and why many people are questioning your story(also your attitude).

There seems to be no blame from you on your so called "friend" ...strange!

I still can't understand why the US Embassy issued a new passport when yours wasn't lost or stolen. What status did they issue it on? will they demand its return by your friend when they can contact him.

the consulate probably issued new pp on the ground that the applicant tended a thai police report.... probably claiming loss of pp or something like that....

Attitude.

If I recall, OP said this was his first visit to Thailand. We can only hope it's his last, and he remains back home where everything always happens just as he wants it.

Also when did I say the immigration wasn't helpful? I have only spoken to them over the phone I haven't even gone there yet. I will go first thing in the morning.

If you really believe I fabricated this entire story and these e-mails, then God help you.

There have been numerous posts on your thread advising you to go to the immigration department and sort it all out!

So why don't you stop moaning, get off your backside and go and do whatever it is you need to do?

Edited by Livinginexile

After the hospitality you all showed him in his hour of need I can guarantee that he won't be posting here anymore unless he needs more help from us. Yes he had an attitude but he was just stressed and needed some answers.

Obviously ThaiVisa's reputation has started to preceed itself as he was told that he most likely endure harrassment and condescention from members who believe they are superior just because they know Thailand better than this first time visitor, and the usual offenders gave him above and beyond what he was expecting! Bravo.

OP, it would be nice to get the epilogue to your story and I hope it all worked out ok today. I know I would be stressed if I wasn't a seasoned traveller and got caught up in a 3rd world beaurocratic system whilst rapidly running out of money.

denied

thai authorities dont like a beast

im screwed, i have like 2300 baht to my name, no way to replenish it, and no stamp on my passport

thanks for trying to help me anyways

thai people are nuts

i re-entered this country onm april 20th and got a 60 day re entry visa, and even paid a 8k baht overtsayment penalty

still noone will help me

i have to check out of here in the morning because i need to conserve the last of my cash

no more internet access

goodbye, pray for me

denied

thai authorities dont like a beast

im screwed, i have like 2300 baht to my name, no way to replenish it, and no stamp on my passport

thanks for trying to help me anyways

thai people are nuts

OK, I'm sure if you post what happened today somebody who's been through the same thing will give you advice.

If I was in your shoes, I would get a friend or family member to put some cash in my home bank now so I could withdraw it at an ATM tomorrow.

Going back to your original passport, what are the reasons you cannot get in contact with your friend so you can get your passport? Or why can't you get a locksmith and the tourist police to enter his house and get your passport from the safe??

After the hospitality you all showed him in his hour of need I can guarantee that he won't be posting here anymore unless he needs more help from us. Yes he had an attitude but he was just stressed and needed some answers.

Obviously ThaiVisa's reputation has started to preceed itself as he was told that he most likely endure harrassment and condescention from members who believe they are superior just because they know Thailand better than this first time visitor, and the usual offenders gave him above and beyond what he was expecting! Bravo.

OP, it would be nice to get the epilogue to your story and I hope it all worked out ok today. I know I would be stressed if I wasn't a seasoned traveller and got caught up in a 3rd world beaurocratic system whilst rapidly running out of money.

Well Matt you were wrong there and just FYI the Op has constantly slagged the Thai authorities off and Thai people for something that if true? is nobodys fault but his own.

All he has come back with is denied .....denied what? sorry but i actually think it is a wind up now.

This whole thing was a joke and a proposition bet to see how many posts I could get on this topic. The overunder was 84, with me being able to make 20 posts max.

I won the bet. Thanks for comin out everyone.

This whole thing was a joke and a proposition bet to see how many posts I could get on this topic. The overunder was 84, with me being able to make 20 posts max.

I won the bet. Thanks for comin out everyone.

some people lead such sad and pathetic lives i guess this is what people mean when they talk about losers in thailand :)

tired of arguing with clowns who have no lives and try to come out of the bushes and accuse people of lying from the safety of their 4000 Baht a month craphole

what a joke

Edited by thebayareabeast