Thai Cabinet Approves 1-month Extension Of Property Tax Incentives

webfact

Cabinet approves tax incentives

By The Nation

The Cabinet today approved the 1-month extension of the property tax incentives to end-June, as the anti-government protest resulted in delayed property transactions in this month.

Transfer fees and mortgage registration fees will remain 0.01 per cent of property value, from normal rate of 2 per cent.

The Cabinet also approved the tax incentives to support financial institutions' mergers during 2010 and 2011, under the Financial Sector Development Master Plan (Phase II). The mergers will be waived from corporate income taxes, special business tax, and stamp duty and value-added tax.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-05-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

We are not all trying to sell to foreigners. 99% of the housing market is Thai, and that's the market I'm selling to. Not much change in that market, and still buyers out there.

We are not all trying to sell to foreigners. 99% of the housing market is Thai, and that's the market I'm selling to. Not much change in that market, and still buyers out there.

foreigners can't own property here anyways. Only condos. Or your matriarchal wife haha :)

So now the Government is trying to raise suppport from people who own property makes sense make people who can afford a house get sympathy from them.

Long shot but lame thay arrested 5 % of the redshirt leaders what about the 95% who arranged to send them to Bkk in the first place or did they all come running bcoz someone called them up?? These provincial leaders did not go with them!! The unbrave but clever ones??

Next I hope they start offering free 5 year tourist VISA's lol note i said tourist not terrorist :)

Edited by shadiadi

I have no bias, I will sell to anyone :) - but no rush as we are simply downsizing and will be buying again-in Thailand.

One month to sell my house and save a few ฿ :D

You have to have a buyer first. :)

Every chance with recent events, there must be thousands out there wanting to invest in LOS atm :D

65 Million Thais!!!, thats where most go wrong by marketing to foreigners that dont exist. Market the domestic arena and plenty of buyers for properties that are independant of gated communities. Sold mine no problem.