Japan Vs England

Sarpedon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll be on their Iberian beach by the end of June.

They had nothing to show but one good pass by Rooney in the 1st half.

As for Terry and Ferdinand...... :)

Perhaps 4 years ago.

Good thing Heskey is there to call on when they need a striker.

Agree about Terry and Ferdinand. Very poor. But it was still only a last cal,l for the fringe players to stake a claim.

:D

Yeah that header in an open goal was a sure fire way to claim his spot :D

whoops. :D

If you were a Jock, I would understand. As it is, I really don't :)

i'm nationality-neutral jangles. i don't think patriotism is a positive thing. plus the england circus and the inevitable disappointment after months and years of tubthumping prior to a tournament is always good for a laugh. as are john terry's tears.

I don't know where you get these comments from Mr B-J. :D

I'm sure England will be much different come the first World Cup game. This is just a training session folks and you still have two weeks to sort yourselves out.

Bit of work to do by the looks of things though!!

i'm nationality-neutral jangles. i don't think patriotism is a positive thing. plus the england circus and the inevitable disappointment after months and years of tubthumping prior to a tournament is always good for a laugh. as are john terry's tears.

Nah Stevie. A neutral wouldn't come on and gloat when we go 1-0 down. :D

What do you get when Japan score... :D

Erm, a victory? :D

Not necessarily, they scored all 3 and still lost... :D

Hilarious. Which dressing room was the happiest after the game do you think? Japan 1-2 Japan.

Apparently some Englishmen invaded the pitch and ran around ineffectively for 90 mins. :)

Perhaps 4 years ago.

They'll, they, they, now i understand.. :D

Not a very good performance at all, but a win again i guess which is a nice habit to be in..

Edited by MSingh

Perhaps 4 years ago.

Not a very good performance at all, but a win again i guess which is a nice habit to be in..

Nice try singhy but the embarrassment..... :D:D

Perhaps 4 years ago.

Nice try singhy but the embarrassment..... :D:D

Embaressment ??

What are you talkign about ??

This Game will be forgotton as quick as you can say " Scotland are the Joke Nation of British Football "..

It was a Live Training session that just so happened to be on teh TV, big deal..

I really don't understand the criticism but then again i do because it's mostly from non Englishmen & a Fella who is but wishes he wasn't..

I hope you're right singhy or it could be time to cringe...and against the yanks...oh dear... :)

Smokie, i'd cringe if we regulary failed to qualify for every Tournament that we entered to be honest, not at winning against the best Asian, African & CONCACAF Teams that there are & the prospect of beating the second best CONCACAF Team..

Nah Stevie. A neutral wouldn't come on and gloat when we go 1-0 down. :D

no, gloating would be if i were japanese. as i said, nationality neutral.

smiling when england go 1-0 down to japan is like saying 'oh hello' when chelsea go 1-0 down in the cup to rochdale.

Im glad England played ordinary against Japan. There will be less hype.

Better than Sven's going all out in the pre wc before running out of steam when World cup starts.

And we shouldnt be too worried about Capellos team, he's got plan A,B,C,D all sorted :)

Edited by vicksajnani

I hope you're right singhy or it could be time to cringe...and against the yanks...oh dear... :)

Smokie, i'd cringe if we regulary failed to qualify for every Tournament that we entered to be honest, not at winning against the best Asian, African & CONCACAF Teams that there are & the prospect of beating the second best CONCACAF Team..

You get used to it after a while a bit like Englands excuses on why they did'nt win the cup.

You get used to it after a while a bit like Englands excuses on why they did'nt win the cup.

Just qualifying once in a while would be nice though wouldn't it ?? Or the Euro's even ??

Just qualifying once in a while would be nice though wouldn't it ?? Or the Euro's even ??

You're right singhy. We would take the Euros or even a stab at a playoff would be some relief for our team. I grew up expecting it as our right having qualified for so many successive tournaments 78-90 but its been a long time and sure it hurts like hel_l.

As I said before enjoy it but don't think its guaranteed especially with the current and future squad you will have. :)

We can be optimistic as usual, but in my opinion that was one of the worst England performances on record. They should be getting things right at this stage of the game, 2 weeks to go.

They looked like they were playing on 'valium', no flare and could not string any passes together. Wish I had have watched F1. Still I have been disappointed since 1966 and I guess that's not going to change in 2010.

Cheers, Rick

Granted it was'nt our best performance. But apart from the back 4 i dont think this team has ever played together before. And i think this game was just to see if any of the players stood out from the rest, Which i dont think any did.

And the people who are saying England wont go very far and not to expect to much, I dont hear anyone going on about the worlds best team and favorites for the world cup Spain needing a last minute header to beat Saudi Arabia. A full strength Spain i might add.

:)

We can be optimistic as usual, but in my opinion that was one of the worst England performances on record. They should be getting things right at this stage of the game, 2 weeks to go.

They looked like they were playing on 'valium', no flare and could not string any passes together. Wish I had have watched F1. Still I have been disappointed since 1966 and I guess that's not going to change in 2010.

Cheers, Rick

Not bad going 4 pages into a Japan V England thread until 1966 was mentioned,might as well mention the war it was that long ago.My hopes are pinned on the commentators that 66 will be mentioned in the fitst 2mins of every England game.Any takers? :D

Cheers, Rick

I think this is one of the worst against part time fishermen.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqupNjswVnQ&feature=related :)

Granted it was'nt our best performance. But apart from the back 4 i dont think this team has ever played together before. And i think this game was just to see if any of the players stood out from the rest, Which i dont think any did.

And the people who are saying England wont go very far and not to expect to much, I dont hear anyone going on about the worlds best team and favorites for the world cup Spain needing a last minute header to beat Saudi Arabia. A full strength Spain i might add.

There you go. Japan are a decent team and Capello was right to test England rather than do a Maradona a pick some whipping boys. Better to go into the tournament with some grit and understanding a need to improve rather than being complacent.

I, for one, am happy to let Capello get on with things and he will get the most out of that team.