Drugs?

alantheembalmer

This afternoon I passed a group of kids, aged from about 10 to 16 years old, who were hiding under a bridge. They all had a small plastic bag into which one of the kids put some fine white powder. They then put the bags over their noses, exhaled to agitate the powder, and then inhaled to breath in the substance.

Does anyone have any idea what it might have been? By the way many older Thais were looking at them, I don't think that it was sherbet.

Alan

I think I passed the same kids myself about half an hour ago - They were all sniffing the bridge's concrete supports.

It would seem they've moved on to the hard stuff.

Fair comment, since cement IS used in the production of cocaine.

Where I live, about once a month, a few of the elders light a fire under some trees, cook food, drink the local brew and smoke opium.

I have been invited to join them, but no thanks, not my scene.

I guess it`s just part of the culture here, maybe been going on for hundreds of years.

As for these young kids, that’s probably another anti social habit imported from the west.

Could be some form of solvent or even bleach powder that I’ve heard is now becoming popular among the societies brain dead.

Are you sure it was powder, because sounds like "huffing" inhaling glue , or other solvent fumes for a nasty "high". Quickly destroys what little brain potential the person had to start with.

Yep probably cotton balls laced with glue, will rot out your brain 100%