Safe To Leave Motorbike At Nathon Seatran Pier?

For one day it should be fairly safe at the pier, maybe use a chain-lock when the bike is new. Several days - never.

Even the locals in Nathon are shy to leave their bikes outside overnight, whenever possible they park them inside the shop s. But it's not that bad, PM me if you want to leave it outside, not too far away from the pier.

• Like 1

Why take the risk?

If I were a criminal (which I not) but IF I were .....

4.45 am nick bike ... take ferry over to mainland for waiting friend to sell .... return on ferry ...

8.45 am nick bike ... take ferry over to mainland for second waiting friend to sell ... return on ferry ...

Repeat for rest of day.

10 pm .... get horrendously drunk.

Next day ... have a lie in. :)

probably about as safe as leaving parked in any public place for long period of time. it might get nick or it might not. who can tell. does it have inssurence does it have a security guard.

i don't think that anybody's opimons on here will stop your bike from getting nicked if u leave it at nathong pier. unless like some said. don't leave it there. 500 baht taxi seems expensive but cheaper than a new big. or u could go to a temple and pray. DO IT !!

probably about as safe as leaving parked in any public place for long period of time. it might get nick or it might not. who can tell. does it have inssurence does it have a security guard.

i don't think that anybody's opimons on here will stop your bike from getting nicked if u leave it at nathong pier. unless like some said. don't leave it there. 500 baht taxi seems expensive but cheaper than a new big. or u could go to a temple and pray. DO IT !!

Yeah lets all leave our bikes there for 24 hours and then compare who's got nicked or not. We can make a graph of the most likely bikes etc...

Anything to help a fellow member.... :)

Yeah lets all leave our bikes there for 24 hours and then compare who's got nicked or not. We can make a graph of the most likely bikes etc...

lol. any the thai way the bikes that don't get nicked we all go out and buy lottery tickets with the numbers on the number plates :D

lol. any the thai way the bikes that don't get nicked we all go out and buy lottery tickets with the numbers on the number plates :D

:D:D u can't lose!

It isn't safe to leave your bike outside your own home so i doubt it's safe to leave it at the ferry terminal.

i know this forum is a little bit emm. silly. it is about as safe as leaving it parked out side on the street outside green mango.

infact mango is probably safer.

the bike would already be at the pier so it is easier to get it on the ferry and off off and away. at least if someone wants to nick it outside green mango and they wanted to get it off the island then they would have to transport it to a ferry.

nathong ferry is what 100 meters from stolen bike freedome. lol

the only other option is the pay a watchman to watch it while u r gone. sometimes with my car. i lend it to someone when i go away on the agreament that they pick me up from airport or ferry or what ever place i arrive. get a free taxi and the car battery doesn't go flat

Edited by BigC

It isn't safe to leave your bike outside your own home so i doubt it's safe to leave it at the ferry terminal.

Rumour has it you leave your bike outside the repair shop every night hoping someone will take pity.... :)

Why take the risk?

If I were a criminal (which I not) but IF I were .....

4.45 am nick bike ... take ferry over to mainland for waiting friend to sell .... return on ferry ...

8.45 am nick bike ... take ferry over to mainland for second waiting friend to sell ... return on ferry ...

Repeat for rest of day.

10 pm .... get horrendously drunk.

Next day ... have a lie in. :)

[/quote

Totally agree, you might as well leave the keys in it.

Go buy a tank of petrol for the bike at the petrol station in the main street in Nathon. Then ask them if you could park it out back for a few days, they will say yes.

Then walk down to the ferry pier. I used to do this a bit with a Kwaka 900 which was worth a penny or two.

Not perfect but safer than at the pier.

Go buy a tank of petrol for the bike at the petrol station in the main street in Nathon. Then ask them if you could park it out back for a few days, they will say yes.

Then walk down to the ferry pier. I used to do this a bit with a Kwaka 900 which was worth a penny or two.

Not perfect but safer than at the pier.

any vechele that is left u attended is liable to be romoved buy the police. or is that heathrow. oh well minde the cap.

• 12 years later...