Will 230v/50hz Work Ok In Thailand?

JXXXL

Sorry is the question is painfully obvious, but what I've read on the internet says that Thailand is 220V and 50 cycles. I want to buy something with an input rating of 230V 50Hz and wondering if this will work ok.

Yup ^^^. No issues whatever :)

Euro standard is nominally 230V 50Hz, but despite harmonisation the actual supply in various countries varies between 210V and 240V Euro kit is designed to work with this range.

My incoming is around 238V anyway.

One other question please. What would happen if a device is rated 230/60? Will 60Hz work in Thailand?

Much depends what the device is and what the original market was (for example, US 230V 60Hz kit will be a nightmare as much of it also requires the 115V neutral point).

60Hz motors will run slow on 50Hz and may overheat, similar overheating issues may occur with transformers. Heating devices will be fine, but any control system may have issues with 50Hz.

Let us know what the device is and we'll have a more detailed shot at helping.

One other question please. What would happen if a device is rated 230/60? Will 60Hz work in Thailand?

Much depends what the device is and what the original market was (for example, US 230V 60Hz kit will be a nightmare as much of it also requires the 115V neutral point).

60Hz motors will run slow on 50Hz and may overheat, similar overheating issues may occur with transformers. Heating devices will be fine, but any control system may have issues with 50Hz.

Thanks very much Crossy. The device is a plasma cutter which has an input rating of 208/230 VAC, 1-phase. I some of their (Miller Welding) models have a rating of 50/60Hz and some only 60Hz. Some models support voltage of 115/230 and some 208/230 and others are 208/575. I'm trying to verify with their customer support the exact specs as their website isn't clear on this. If it is 115/230 50/60Hz, will this work in Thailand?

Thanks very much Crossy. The device is a plasma cutter which has an input rating of 208/230 VAC, 1-phase. I some of their (Miller Welding) models have a rating of 50/60Hz and some only 60Hz. Some models support voltage of 115/230 and some 208/230 and others are 208/575. I'm trying to verify with their customer support the exact specs as their website isn't clear on this. If it is 115/230 50/60Hz, will this work in Thailand?

My guess is that the device is using inverter so probably can handle just about any input. (?)