Modifying A Scooter And Green Book Issues?

I have a number of bikes that I rent out and am constantly buying and refurbishing bikes.

I have just got a Honda Phantom that needed a lot of work doing to it and have had it resprayed (Non original colours) and am customising it a little - larger rims and tyres, changing the handlebars, reboring the engine etc

One of my Thai friends said it is going to cause me issues when I get it taxed etc.

Does anyone know what the situation is regarding modifications??

changing color, without applying first and then have new color inspected by LTD and stated in reg book, is illegal. So better late than in jail, have it inspected and color changed in reg book.

other changes/mods depends on when first registered, but they are probably not illegal, just may cause problems when inspected

LTD??? What is this?

So even though I am just getting it resprayed (I decided to go white instead of Black) I have to get it authorised?? Its only a colour change not a power mod.

I have already had it changed - do they charge for the registration of the changes in the book?

LTD??? What is this?

So even though I am just getting it resprayed (I decided to go white instead of Black) I have to get it authorised?? Its only a colour change not a power mod.

I have already had it changed - do they charge for the registration of the changes in the book?

LTD, Land Transport Department

Change of color is considered a change of identity in LOS as in most countries.

In LOS it should be applied at LTD before doing, then inspected and change of color registered in reg book. Some LTD only accepts change of color at a list of garages, with invoice from one of these garages.

Power mod no one cares as long as emisson and noise level is the same

changing color, without applying first and then have new color inspected by LTD and stated in reg book, is illegal. So better late than in jail, have it inspected and color changed in reg book.

other changes/mods depends on when first registered, but they are probably not illegal, just may cause problems when inspected

Depends on region.. Phuket DMV literally accept no modifications, none.. LED indicators ?? LED replacement brake light cluster ?? Etc etc etc.. The same thing done on a KSR, they ignore, done by a farang on a big bike.. Much sucking of teeth and 'big ploblem... mod-i-fy' etc..

Its a huge money spinner, means you need to drop 1000's every time you go near them, you can never pay to sort it, just pay and keep paying on arbitrary whims of the inspection guys.. Its always solvable, few 1000 a time.. But annoys the hel_l out of me.

They have even started taking photos of bikes with a digital camera, on sales, to make some kind of a database to check them against.

LTD??? What is this?

50 baht. Take a bill from a re-spray shop detailing the colour change, and that's all you need. Takes about 10 minutes, including waiting - hardly the end of the world.

Thanks guys was getting a little worried that I was going to get scammed just for changing the colour of a bike to make it stand out and look a little different - will get the invoice from the bike shop and make sure the book is updated!