England Beat Australia

Kevin Pietersen produced another stunning display to clinch a dramatic victory for England and continue Australia's troubled start to their Ashes tour.

Only 24 hours after suffering one of the most humiliating defeats in their history to Bangladesh and having suspended key all-rounder Andrew Symonds for breaching team rules, the world champions bounced back strongly and seemed on course for an improbable victory at sun-drenched Bristol.

But just as they seemed ready to lift the gloom by claiming a timely triumph, winter hero Pietersen stepped up with a vicious assault on Australia's highly-regarded attack to complete a three-wicket victory with 15 balls to spare.

Pietersen, man-of-the-series after scoring three centuries against South Africa during the winter, picked up where he left off then by hammering 91 off only 65 balls to snatch an incredible victory from the world champions.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off topic ,but is it true that an Aussie sabotaged the server to prevent any postings by English fans?Or to prevent the news that English bookies are offering odds of 100/1 that Rolf Harris is to be called up to the Aussie team? :o

That was an awesome catch. Unreal. Peiterson has cemented his place in the test team I reckon.

The Aussies lack of pace and threat was again exposed today.

At the end of the day, if the Aussie batsmen don't fire then they are going to be humiliated in the Ashes.

Well done England!!

Check out the Aussie press. Shit! You guys are hard on your boys!

My guess is that Ponting will go sooner rather than later. Martyn or Gilchrist will captain the team in the Ashes.

I hate to say this so early but I was looking forward to a challenge this Summer but its going to be too easy for England.

Edited by ProfessorFart

The Aussies played better today but were still pi55 poor.

Its all a little embarrasing and shows the danger of resting on your laurels without bringing the new kids through.

I look forward to seeing Tait but he's only a 85MPH merchant Mcgrath clone according to my rether pissed off Aussie sources. He won't scare the English batsmen.

I refuse to believe that this is it for the Aussies? Surely there must be more pacemen out there who can upset a few batsmen?

Well yesterday we were all berated for not saying well done to the winning team. So I will make sure we do the right thing today.

WELL DONE ENGLAND. fINE VICTORY.

I'm looking forward now to the England-Bangladash final.

Well yesterday we were all berated for not saying well done to the winning team. So I will make sure we do the right thing today.

WELL DONE ENGLAND. fINE VICTORY.

:o:D:D

But careful with those caps lock keys Lampers!

Interesting point you make though, which Paul Allot raised in the commentary. He reckoned that the Aussies have been looking so hard for weaknesses in England that they have failed to sharpen up their own.

It is interesting to note also that now some Aussies are writing off their Ashes chances.

Geoff Lawson toutched on an interesting subject today when he focused on the lack of team spirit in the Aussie camp these days which has been noticed by all of us over here.

He never mentioned any real schisms within the camp but that they exist is obvious. Can any of our Aussie cousins fill us in?

Cricket: Warne hit by new sex scandal claim

Shane Warne

20.06.05 9.40am

LONDON - An English woman has accused Australian test star Shane Warne of badgering her for sex after a night out in London in April.

Laura Sayers, 25, told London’s tabloid Sunday Mirror that she did not know who Warne - a married father of three - was when she met him and was disappointed in his brief performance in bed.

It is the latest sex scandal to surround Warne after his text message scandal with British nurse Donna Wright in 2000 and later accusations he had an affair with stripper Angela Gallagher.

Sayers said she met Warne through one of her friends, who was dating Warne’s Hampshire team-mate Kevin Pietersen, and the four went out to a nightclub and then Pietersen’s flat.

"The first thing [Warne] said was ‘How about a foursome?’," Sayers said, adding that she was offended by the comment and told him off.

The group returned to Pietersen’s flat, where Sayers said the cricketer again asked her to have sex.

"I told him I didn’t want to, but he was very persistent," Sayers said.

She said that at one point Warne went into a bedroom and called out for her to join him.

"I walked into the bedroom and told him I wasn’t interested in having sex with him.

"He took off all his clothes and I asked him if he had a condom - I guessed he didn’t so I thought that would be the end of it."

But she said Warne left the room and returned with a condom at which point " ... I just gave in".

Sayers said she had wanted to keep their encounter private.

"It was supposed to be a private thing, but Shane told some of his cricketing friends and suddenly I had all these people calling me about it," she said.

"They wanted to know who I’d told and where I live - they told me if his wife found out it would ruin his life."

The newspaper said Warne’s wife Simone and their three children joined Warne in Southampton last week.

Warne’s brother and manager Jason Warne said he was trying to contact the spinner about the allegations and would not comment until they had spoken.

He was also seeking a full copy of the article.

:o

Hey Admin. Can you lift the ban on Aussie posters to this thread. I guess they must be banned, cause before the tour started no-one else could get a post in edgeways with them telling us how <deleted> we were, and how great they were. :o

Hey Admin. Can you lift the ban on Aussie posters to this thread. I guess they must be banned, cause before the tour started no-one else could get a post in edgeways with them telling us how <deleted> we were, and how great they were. :D

Still here lamp, site been unavailable since fri,think all the <deleted> you Brits have been slinging messed up the system. Seriously though ,I agree things are not bright for our cricketers but all things come to those who wait. The problems with injury,players getting pissed etc are having an effect on the touring side and probably more so on the captain as Pontings batting performance shows.Just remember "its not over till the fat lady sings".I wonder what excuse the Brits will make when they get done,which will happen.. :o

Hey Admin. Can you lift the ban on Aussie posters to this thread. I guess they must be banned, cause before the tour started no-one else could get a post in edgeways with them telling us how <deleted> we were, and how great they were. :D

Still here lamp, site been unavailable since fri,think all the <deleted> you Brits have been slinging messed up the system. Seriously though ,I agree things are not bright for our cricketers but all things come to those who wait. The problems with injury,players getting pissed etc are having an effect on the touring side and probably more so on the captain as Pontings batting performance shows.Just remember "its not over till the fat lady sings".I wonder what excuse the Brits will make when they get done,which will happen.. :o

Same here lamp, i suppose this kind of reaction is expected, Australia dominating for decades at your national sport, suddenly there is a ####poor slump in our cricketing, and instantly theres thread after thread of gloating....... Hey, well done to bangladesh and england, lets see how many years it lasts eh? :D

Just an observation but now that the poms have a good bowling line-up maybe its time oz reverted to its old batting order. In my humble opinion Gilly is not suited to open against quality bowlers, my batting order would be.

openers>Hayden /Martyn

3.Ponting

4.Hussey

5.Gilchrist

6.Clark

7.Watson

8.Hogg

9.Gillespie

10.Kasprowicz

11.McGrath

Same here lamp, i suppose this kind of reaction is expected, Australia dominating for decades at your national sport, suddenly there is a ####poor slump in our cricketing, and instantly theres thread after thread of gloating....... Hey, well done to bangladesh and england, lets see how many years it lasts eh? :D

Capital B capital E if you don't mind :D good manners cost nothing.

Hey Admin. Can you lift the ban on Aussie posters to this thread. I guess they must be banned, cause before the tour started no-one else could get a post in edgeways with them telling us how <deleted> we were, and how great they were. :o

It's amazing what a difference 2cm can make to a cricket game and a million long suffering Poms around the world. That was how close Englands current South African superstar, guest player was to being run out when Ponting threw the stumps down early in his innings. He then went on to smash 330 off the next eleven balls!

Okay we're getting serious now. All players are going to turn up sober and Ponting is going to use his bat when next he starts his shuffle across the crease!

It's amazing what a difference 2cm can make to a cricket game and a million long suffering Poms around the world. That was how close Englands current South African superstar, guest player was to being run out when Ponting threw the stumps down early in his innings. He then went on to smash 330 off the next eleven balls!

Okay we're getting serious now. All players are going to turn up sober and Ponting is going to use his bat when next he starts his shuffle across the crease!

Jeez mate! Don't start getting serious,you might win one. Lets keep it friendly :o

Gee Lamp'ie...u and Pro Fart are getting so excited that England won ( a new sensation for u and Fart, England winning something other than the worst behaved tourist award )...but remember that ur win was nothing but...LUCK :o , and ur forgetting that u only just won that match...only 1 of ur batsman performed and Australia is not even settled yet after some months off from cricket....

Ur going to lose Bigtime !!!

.....u will have to play alot better than that to win the Ashes, I mean Dizzy wasnt even bowling on the pitch for his first few overs.....

Ur gloating way to early.....

:o

What are you on about. Did you forgot what you wrote last week. You gloated before you even started playing. I was completely wrong as well. I said we would have a tough time. Just remember old son, we said nothing except we think it might be closer than you think. You was the one with all the gob, what with your saying that we wouldn't win a game. Anyway Super mouth I love you and your predictions. Going just the same way as the boxing. What have you lined up for next week? Shane Warne gonna win Wimbledon?

What are you on about. Did you forgot what you wrote last week. You gloated before you even started playing. I was completely wrong as well. I said we would have a tough time. Just remember old son, we said nothing except we think it might be closer than you think. You was the one with all the gob, what with your saying that we wouldn't win a game. Anyway Super mouth I love you and your predictions. Going just the same way as the boxing. What have you lined up for next week? Shane Warne gonna win Wimbledon?

Not if his willie is as small as has been reported, he ain't! :o