How Many 30 Day Entry Stamps Allowed In One 6 Month Period?

Hi Everyone,

Im a little confused about the entry visa rules.

Im Australian, so I know that I get a 30 entry stamp on arrival to Thailand.

I was in Thailand in April this year for approx 2 weeks, but I went to KL for a few days, during my stay. So I now have 2 30 day stamps in my passport.

Im going back to Thailand at the end of June for approx 30 days (another 30 entry stamp needed) totaling three 30 day stamps in just over 2 months.

I am wanting to go to Singapore for a few days when im in Thailand this time, but will I be granted another 30 day stamp into Thailand from Singapore

as this will total four 30 day entry stamps in my passport in less than 6 mths.

I have looked into a TV, but the condition is I have to have my flights booked to go in and out of thailand for a double entry TV.

Its not possible for me to do that at this stage.

So can I have more than three 30 days entry stamps in less than 6 months, but being there no more than 180 days in total?

Any help in clearing my confusion would be greatly appreciated, let me know if you require any more information from me.

Cheers

Julestar :)

Really? Thats great news...

The Thai consulate in Brisbane told me I was only allowed to have three 30 day entry stamps in any 6 month period, but ive heard so many stories from a number of different sources, which adds to my confusion.

:S

Perhaps they prefer to sell you a visa?

There was a restriction (that most people could not really understand - it was that complex) a few years ago but it has not been enforced since the change to 30 day entry by air and 15 day entry by land took place.

But keep in mind you should have exit ticket within 30 days or airline may not let you board.

Thanks for the information...

One more question, the total number of days im allowed to stay in Thailand in any one 6 month period is, no matter how many 30 day entry stamps i get is?...

Cheers

Julestar :)

No limit.

I understood that you could only stay for a maximum of 90 days in a 6 month period if you did not have a visa of some sort - IE not on a 30 day torist visa. Has this changed because it is quoted on some other sites I have seen?

I understood that you could only stay for a maximum of 90 days in a 6 month period if you did not have a visa of some sort - IE not on a 30 day torist visa. Has this changed because it is quoted on some other sites I have seen?

That rule no longer exists since Nov. 2008. Instead you now get 30 days at the airport and only 15 days at a land border.