Pun Pun Veggie Restaurant

Drew Aitch

UG, would be great if you could do a map and put it on here *hint hint* :)

uptheos im guessing you already know Khun Churn? Thats a staple for many veggies. Price is average. Usually around 60 baht per dish. The lunchtime buffet is just under 100baht.

I find with many of the Jay stalls its a bit hit and miss (for my taste buds anyway). Even though i enjoy spicy food, some go way heavy on the chillies, so no other flavour comes through. I usually go to one just across from cmu entrance (the entrance on the road to the Zoo, not the suthep entrance). But i just buy their pre packaged snacks (will take a photo next time) as i find their food overly spiced. There is also one i quite like around the corner from Tesco Kad Kam Tian. One of my favorites requires me to mark it on a map..will do..but a bit later. Havent been there in a while though. Will need to go back again soon.

UG, would be great if you could do a map and put it on here *hint hint* :)

uptheos im guessing you already know Khun Churn? Thats a staple for many veggies. Price is average. Usually around 60 baht per dish. The lunchtime buffet is just under 100baht.

I find with many of the Jay stalls its a bit hit and miss (for my taste buds anyway). Even though i enjoy spicy food, some go way heavy on the chillies, so no other flavour comes through. I usually go to one just across from cmu entrance (the entrance on the road to the Zoo, not the suthep entrance). But i just buy their pre packaged snacks (will take a photo next time) as i find their food overly spiced. There is also one i quite like around the corner from Tesco Kad Kam Tian. One of my favorites requires me to mark it on a map..will do..but a bit later. Havent been there in a while though. Will need to go back again soon.

Yep, a map would be great - if UG can't post it here I'll pop in and see him.

Hey Eek, maybe you know enough places to draw a map too? :D

Khun Churn is one of my favourite places especially the lunchtime buffet.

Just a little word from the Superman sausage plucker, while I have never had the pleasure of visiting the Pun Pun Veg Rest. I have heard many fine reports on it...

I would like to write a little, drawing on years of experience with the use and pronunciation of the word " Pun Pun ". If you are speaking to a local or listening to a local then it may come out somewhat sounding like Bhun Bhun , even if the local tries to write it out in English it would come out that way. So that may in some small way be part of the problem....

Now if the person speaking is more European, it may come out or sound like Poon Poon....

In telling the pronunciation to folks, I simply say if you go out to have a good time you have FUN not FOON, that ususally brings somewhat of a smile and a forevermore memory correction...

Now wishing continued success to the Bhun Bhun Wegetarian Lestaurant, I will go back to my sausage plucking...... but....... I draw the line at bacon plucking..

Gonzo

Another word or two about pronunciation, if I may. Regardless of how some or others might say the name of this restaurant, the Thai spelling and standard pronunciation should lead one to pronounce the two words the same as the word "1,000" in Thai. Look at the spelling on the menu, and compare it with the spelling on a 1,000 baht note; they're the same word. I've never heard a Thai person say that something cost "poon" baht, or "bhun" baht, or "pun" baht. What I hear and what I was taught was that the word for "thousand" is something very close to "pahn," with a short and quick "ah" vowel sound.

• 2 months later...