Screwed Up Hillside

I think that there have been previous posts re this site but these pics were taken yesterday.

The site is unbelievably ugly and totally unsympathetic to the surrounds.

It isn't worth asking how all the planning permission was obtained but if this is the face

of the future then Samui hasn't a chance.post-28727-042753500 1275997597_thumb.jp

post-28727-073140400 1275997311_thumb.jp

I think that there have been previous posts re this site but these pics were taken yesterday.

It isn't worth asking how all the planning permission was obtained but if this is the face

of the future then Samui hasn't a chance.post-28727-042753500 1275997597_thumb.jp

The attachments are a bit large, mate, but I managed to downlod them. I agree, the whole site is a mess. I noticed the building site on the ferry back to samui on Sunday and it's a disgrace. However, to have got this far in construction, whoever is building them must have powerfull friends and there's probably nothing that can be done about it.....

Do troglodytes live there??:)

Agree, a total eye-sore.

The sad thing is that although this was discussesd some time ago, there doesn't appear to have been much progress. Which could mean it won't be landscaped and improved for some time. :D

EDIT ... due to open in 2011 according to the web site.

Edited by itishothere

I expect the view "from" the homes is nice, but the homes are definitely ugly to look at...looks like something from an outer space/alien movie.

Edited by Pib

looks like a land slide waiting to happen :)

I agree; just a matter of time some of these bungalows (not very big houses) will slide downhill....

...also quite a steep climb if you're staying on the lowest level and have to walk uphill for a drink or breakfast in the heat whistling.gif

LaoPo

give it a chance i am sue all great buildings looked like rubbish till they were finished. like an artist who never lets u see his or her work till it is complete. personally i would never buy land on the side or near a cliff or opn aa beach due to errossion but if there are some mugss out there with more money than sense then it makes interesting future news.

looks like a land slide waiting to happen :)

I agree; just a matter of time some of these bungalows (not very big houses) will slide downhill....

...also quite a steep climb if you're staying on the lowest level and have to walk uphill for a drink or breakfast in the heat whistling.gif

LaoPo

yep when we get a proper rain season then we will see how it really stands. they got lucky last year.

considering i have seen whole raods callapes and land sliding over them higher than 5 lorries on top of each other and took 1 year to clear it then. the odds are pretty high. wonder if i can put a bet on with the bookies in england. what are the odds

Edited by BigC

...and here they are looking from the inside. All artists impressions, interesting they don't show the development from the sea like the photos above???

Prices start from a mere 43.8 million.(does that include a lift/escalator from the beach?)

Link removed.

Edited by Rooo
Link removed. Rooo.

...and here they are looking from the inside. All artists impressions, interesting they don't show the development from the sea like the photos above???

Prices start from a mere 43.8 million.(does that include a lift/escalator from the beach?)

At that price I'd expect a free helicopter transfer. Crazy.

Edited by Rooo
Removed link from quote. Rooo.

No, each home comes with a long bamboo ladder for beach access. But watch out, make sure they don't give you a used ladder from a orange TOT telephone maintenance truck. Or, for something a little more study than bamboo, you can create your own ladder on the concrete pillars by nailing on some two-by-four rungs/steps. Heck, maybe even consider adding in a Robinson Crusoe type lift. :)

The attachments are a bit large, mate, but I managed to downlod them. I agree, the whole site is a mess. I noticed the building site on the ferry back to samui on Sunday and it's a disgrace. However, to have got this far in construction, whoever is building them must have powerfull friends and there's probably nothing that can be done about it.....

guys, I think that's the conrad place.

I'm no expert but my understanding is that if the reinforced concrete is imbedded into solid rock then a landslide taking the property down is not going to happen. Im guessing that the Conrad has had the land surveyed and is happy with the results of the survey. I got this info from a friend when asking about a couple of houses he had also built on a cliff. The situation will obviously improve with tasteful landscaping(if that's possible from this developer of course) but it clear from early idications that this will always be somewhat of a double bagger (ugly) resort. Now I admit my understanding could be wrong due to what I was told being incorrect which none the less would be a fine thing IMO...to see the whole development crash into the sea would be a perfect ending for a very imperfect resort ...subject to it being unoccupied or any builder fatalities of course.

Edited by brizzle

I'm no expert but my understanding is that if the reinforced concrete is imbedded into solid rock then a landslide taking the property down is not going to happen. I’m guessing that the Conrad has had the land surveyed and is happy with the results of the survey. I got this info from a friend when asking about a couple of houses he had also built on a cliff. The situation will obviously improve with tasteful landscaping(if that's possible from this developer of course) but it clear from early idications that this will always be somewhat of a double bagger (ugly) resort. Now I admit my understanding could be wrong due to what I was told being incorrect which none the less would be a fine thing IMO...to see the whole development crash into the sea would be a perfect ending for a very imperfect resort ...subject to it being unoccupied or any builder fatalities of course.

If the earthquake forecast is true, you may well get your perfect ending! :)

Link removed.

43 million, either the person is buzzing i.e the seller or the buyer :):D:D:D

43 million

This place would get a double prize for ugliest hotel (looked at from afar) and worst land use for a development in my book. This style of construction will certainly have killed all nearby coral due to silting from erosion. While it seems possible that the design and construction will be safe and effective, it seems more likely to me that too great a confidence in the foundations of the footings and imperfect construction technique (rusty rebar sitting in the rain anyone?) will lead to problems. Let's hope I am wrong and no one gets hurt.