Funny Characters Of Pattaya

actiondell4

Some of the strangest characters I have met on my travels to Pattaya have been the funniest people and share a lot of wisdom.

A few years ago I was sitting in the Contenental Bakery cafe just near the Jomtiem traffic lights when a American guy sitting at another table started to chat to me,apparently he lived in Jomtiem.

Anyway he told me he was on a disabilty pension and he had to leave the USA because of women who had caused problems in his life.

I decided to change the subject and told him that i liked those condos i could see with the cable cars,he immediately interjected and said dont buy them,when i asked why,he said"women"managed them.

He then went on talking about how 'women" are planning a world takeover and i pretended to listen attentatively before i made an excuse to leave.

About an hour later i was walking in the Jomtiem complex when a motorbike pulled up next to me,it was him,he said he was glad he had found me so we could chat some more about "women"who are causing lifes problems.

I made some excuse and left.

Actually i never saw that guy again on my return visits to Pattaya,i would have to say i still get a chuckle rememberi ng him ,same as the big guy i saw last year wearing a white shirt with black trousers and braces holding them up wearing a Jewish religious cap carrying a bible blessing people who spoke to him.

I wonder why some of these characters flock to pattaya,i suppose they feel more "accepted" there.

reminds me of a guy I met at Carrefour between the wine shelves...He was apparently drunk and urged me not to buy certain stocks as some conspiracy and blahblah....I just went on with my shopping laugh.gif

Glitterman lives in Pattaya and he seems a "funny" character.

To be honest I find more interesting characters in London. Thai

people mostly have very similar characters and beliefs and a lot

of the western people there you can put into a few different

catagories aswell.

I normally say you can meet every weirdo imaginable in Chiang Mai, but I will conceded that Pattayay probably has it licked.

john

In CM we have had more ex SAS pass through then have ever done Selection in the history of the Regiment.

i have several pairs of long shorts which i wear they have animals on them and are in bright colours. if we go to wat chai one of the monks always has a smile and a chat about them does that count me as a character or have i got to try harder

i have several pairs of long shorts which i wear they have animals on them and are in bright colours. if we go to wat chai one of the monks always has a smile and a chat about them does that count me as a character or have i got to try harder

I'm pleased somebody else likes your shorts :)

When I first came to Pattaya there were a lot of funny characters - maybe they got better and moved on?

Does anyone remember the 2 guys that used to play badminton on the beach footpath opposite Soi 13/1 (Yamoto) when A&W used to be on the corner - both came from differents directions, never spoke, pulled out their racquets and ball play a few games of badminton (with one guy just stating the scores). End of session, racquets away and depart in separate directions. This used to be a daily occurence then I moved so have no clue what happened.

or

The guy with shoulder length blonde hair that walked everywhere dressed in green monk robes - used be seen from Naklua to Na Jomtien.

or

The guy very well dressed in a suit every day who used to also walk everywhere like he was on a mission and had no time to spare.

There were others (including Thai) but I always remember these ones.

riding a bike prepped with some colourful tinsel might help....whistling.gif

Having worked in a female dominated occupation for the past 28 years I can see where that guy's coming from, LOL.

Probably not surprising I have high BP!

Anyway, aren't most farang guys in Pattaya because they had "problems" with women in their own countries? I certainly did.

What happened to the SWAT guy. :)

the bib swatted him gooood for being a farang pal of the outgoing naughty top policeman and having a variety of weapons and not a licence in sight-------------------i want to know what happened to the hummer---i want it !!

I'm pleased somebody else likes your shorts :)

well when i say a chat he is cambodian speaks no english and is a bit blind but its the thought that counts !!

riding a bike prepped with some colourful tinsel might help....whistling.gif

i have the same bike as before that is all over the place at night for no apparent reason and now i am aware of it i have to drink at least 5 pints in shenans plus a couple of botts or so in banyan bar just to cope with the fear of what might happen. tgf---------------mollyp says its me not the bike and funny thing when she rides it its ok-----------i think its haunted.

What happened to the SWAT guy. :)

the bib swatted him gooood for being a farang pal of the outgoing naughty top policeman and having a variety of weapons and not a licence in sight-------------------i want to know what happened to the hummer---i want it !!

The last I saw about a week ago was that the yellow Hummer was still on the grounds.............together with another black hummer and a white lambo convertible.They must have swatted him realy gooood.

anyone seen the english lad who dresses like a zulu chief? complete with leopard cuddly toy. his other get up was a pair of boxer shorts, bare feet and a pork pie hat.

always bladdered in soi 17 off third road

I don't know if they are still around, but there used to be two guys, probably late 40's early 50's, dressed identically in tight black pants and white long sleeved shirts. You would never see them separately, they used to be doing the rounds in walking street including the disco's (late 90's early 2000's)...

Not sure if they were brothers or even maybe twins...

I don't know if they are still around, but there used to be two guys, probably late 40's early 50's, dressed identically in tight black pants and white long sleeved shirts. You would never see them separately, they used to be doing the rounds in walking street including the disco's (late 90's early 2000's)...

Not sure if they were brothers or even maybe twins...

They are still around and still wearing those same tight shirts and trousers.Not so long ago I even saw one of them wiyth a lady... :)

• 3 months later...