England World Cup Discussion Thread

mommysboy

If you are comparing Holland with France in Football, it shows you have no clue about Holland's strenght....

France is out of the WC without winning one single match.

Holland won all 3 matches so far and has, next to Argentina, 9 points. No other country performed like that.

I wrote elsewhere that Holland could face either Argentina, Spain or Germany...in the FINAL :rolleyes:

Buenas Dias! Have a nice day B)

LaoPo

-----------------------------------------------------------

LaoPo!!

Sorry to say. I firmly believe that Holland at max. will go to a quarterfinal. And there they will be eliminated by Brazil.

I can also count points in the different groups.

But I, contrary to you, do NOT think that number of points in the group-play automaticly gives you a place in the World

cup final

I wish you luck anyhow:ermm:

Glegolo

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a goal for England. It should have been 2-2 ! :annoyed:

An unbelievable BIG mistake from both the Referee and the Linesman who was at least 10 meters BEFORE the goal-line; NO WAY he saw the goal behind the line.

I can't understand that the FIFA sent in a Referee from Uruguay (with all respect) a small country with 3,5 million people, for such an important match.

BLATTER OUT ! :realangry:

LaoPo

The USA fans can relate and understand the utter incompetence of FIFA to put such unseasoned referees into such important games. England was totally jobbed by political correctness, I don't care where the refs are from, but they should be the best and most experienced people for the job, people who know where to be standing and where to look. Just a shame it wasn't a goal for England.

agreed with the above, the sooner a TV match ref is employed, the better, like we have in rugby

but it looks like the Germans are winning this game without any doubt

Edited by Donnyboy

The USA fans can relate and understand the utter incompetence of FIFA to put such unseasoned referees into such important games. England was totally jobbed by political correctness, I don't care where the refs are from, but they should be the best and most experienced people for the job, people who know where to be standing and where to look. Just a shame it wasn't a goal for England.

agreed and even though i am a fan of the young german team poor refing changes the game, it should have been 2 2 at the break but now thaqt it is 4 1 what can i say, the better team is winning.

A very sad moment when the 2-2 goal wasn't seen by the referee couple.

But, in the end Germany won deserved; sorry to say but the truth.

England has many brilliant players but Fabio Capello didn't manage to create a TEAM out of those brilliant players....

LaoPo

The "Goal That wasn't" cancels out our 1966 goal ...so we can't complain too much

Germany were by far the better team on the day

Rooney has been the worst player to wear an England shirt in World Cup History IMHO

He has been absolute <deleted> in all 4 games.

Where do we go from here?

Home I suppose...gotta feel for all the fans who payed good money to watch this bunch of overpaid losers

Don't be fooled by the scoreline. Both the last 2 goals were scored on the counter attack because we were forced to chase the game and had only 1 or 2 men back defending... at 2-2 (the rightful score) it would have been a completely different second half.

goal-682_1074137a.jpg

Edited by dave111223

Don't be fooled by the scoreline. Both the last 2 goals were scored on the counter attack because we were forced to chase the game and had only 1 or 2 men back defending... at 2-2 (the rightful score) it would have been a completely different second half.

goal-682_1074137a.jpg

Right "Don't be fooled by the scoreline." absolutely - Germany should have been ahead by more.

England were a bunch of hapless, hopeless disorganised yobs.

It was a bad decision on the second England goal, but the end result was right.

This is as maybe, can't blame the Germans, they just played what was in front of them and played well.

All three of the " officials" were not capable of keeping up with the play ( much like our back four ), FIFA need a pull through with the business end of a pineapple.

On the night the best team won, maybe the English FA should now start to think about the negative effect having most of the top flight teams full of foreigners. Surely all the money spent on these players could be channelled into developing home grown talent.

Anyway good luck Germany you played a good clean game and deserved the result.

Right "Don't be fooled by the scoreline." absolutely - Germany should have been ahead by more.

http://www.fifa.com/live/competitions/worldcup/matchday=17/day=1/match=300061501/index.html

Stats don't seem to support that. More possession, more shots, more shots on target, more corner.

Well what can i say me being ENGLISH maybe (what a load of cobblers) would be apt,ah come on what has happend to our wonderful game (to coin a phrase),this is my thoughts.

Players today get far to much money TOO EASY,we have foreigners in charge of our National team (WHY),we dont play the same as them (never have done),and why oh why do we revert to old has beans,no not the 57 variety but the worn out players that just turn up for the game and enjoy the prestige if they win,funny they never seem to win,ah well what the h-ll,who gives a sh-t anyway (i do) but the people in charge of our "wonderful game" dont,they keep makin $$$$$$ and we keep following like lost sheep,pigs to the slaughter,call it what you will but it means the same,there is no passion to play for your country anymore only $$$$$$$$$,so much for the "wonderful game",sorry ENGLAND but you were lucky to make it so far.

http://www.fifa.com/...1501/index.html

Stats don't seem to support that. More possession, more shots, more shots on target, more corner.

Not sure if you actually watched the game mate. The Stats may say one thing, but the lads looked disorganised, knackered, and out-played when it counted. End of the road for many on display.

Shambolic exhibition from England. Probably the worst back four performance in living memory. Seeing Heskey come on at 4-1 down didnt exactly get the pulse racing either. Are England any better than when Sven was in charge ?..No You cant go back to the drawing board there isn't one and for all the dinasours in FIFA, and some on this forum, how much more evidence do you need for video technology ?