England World Cup Discussion Thread

mommysboy

What about that too? Why DOES the second place team get the extra days rest?? That's crap too...

Theyve got to fit in 64 games in 30 days what the <deleted> do you want them to do, youre unbelievable in your hating of the English, up there with President Umbongo.

Now at first i gave you a chance when you said you knew a bit about football but some of the drivel youve come out with shows you really havent got a clue.

PS If English football is so bad then why is the English Premier League the most popular in the world, and please dont say its because of foreigners as the top teams have always played good on the ground football and their trophy haul in the last 50 years of European football shows this.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banter us all well and good lads. But please post within the rules.

1) To respect fellow members.

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane .

4) Not to flame fellow members.

Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Well hopefully now the dandy has his own thread we can go on to discuss how great England are,and not have any interference from third world footballing nations :D concerning bad refereeing decisions and how the whole world has a vendetta against them!

First you have to beat the third world nations, then you can talk trash. :D

My apologies :D i forgot you beat us 1-1 with a wondergoal ;)

Perhaps if the English were aware that goalkeeper is an actual position on the team, you wouldn't have these recurring problems with your keepers. Against the USA, Mighty England had 90 minutes to score again and couldn't. Then went scoreless another 90+ against 3rd world Algeria. All in all England - with Golden Boot contender Rooney - went over 3.5 hours without scoring another goal, an achievement that few teams have reached this WC. Good luck against the Krauts though. I wouldn't be surprised if you put together another wild 5-0 victory like a few years back. Your millionaires are due and now is the time to collect.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: So absolutely true!!

Perhaps if the English were aware that goalkeeper is an actual position on the team, you wouldn't have these recurring problems with your keepers.

Yes English teams arent aware of how important a keeper is thanks for the advice.

with Golden Boot contender Rooney -

Have you seen Rooneys scoring rate for England prior to the WC ... thought not as if you did you wouldnt have come out with your Golden Boot contender line.

Edited by hansum

What about that too? Why DOES the second place team get the extra days rest?? That's crap too...

Theyve got to fit in 64 games in 30 days what the <deleted> do you want them to do.

Really??? Was I referring to the first round of games you fool?? In this round it is most certainly possible to have all corresponding group games on the same day so as to have first and second place teams playing in all cases without any rest advantages given. As for the rest of your post it is just more mindless English bluster and defensiveness my dislike for Brits is based on empirical experience both in playing with and the hypocritical and contradictory responses of the lot of you just like what've you just posted...

Perhaps if the English were aware that goalkeeper is an actual position on the team, you wouldn't have these recurring problems with your keepers.

Yes English teams arent aware of how important a keeper is thanks for the advice.

Now you're catching on, a little slowly though, but hey, finally.....

Theyve got to fit in 64 games in 30 days what the <deleted> do you want them to do.

Really??? Was I referring to the first round of games you fool?? In this round it is most certainly possible to have all corresponding group games on the same day so as to have first and second place teams playing in all cases without any rest advantages given. As for the rest of your post it is just more mindless English bluster and defensiveness my dislike for Brits is based on empirical experience both in playing with and the hypocritical and contradictory responses of the lot of you just like what've you just posted...

Guess you didnt read Jockstars warning about flaming mate. I can recommend Jack Nicolson for anger management therapy. Bring your own golf clubs.

Here's an idea.

Lets change the name to soccer. We'll have moving goal posts, video replays, we'll even split the match into four quarters spreading over four or five hours. We'll change the rule book where you're not happy, you can pick your own referee, state which day you wish to play your match.

Anything else?:D Joking apart, football is run/administered the way it is. Every team, player coach know the way it is before the tournament so why cry over perceeved injustices that can befall any team.

We English do have memories over a certain handball in '86 you know

Edited by carmine

Guess you didnt read Jockstars warning about flaming mate. I can recommend Jack Nicolson for anger management therapy. Bring your own golf clubs.

I dont think he has written one post without showing his hatred towards the English in, and from what ive seen most on here have said well done to the aMercins

That's the culmination of frustration about people refusing to properly comprehend a post before posting a thought out response so it must come down to pointing out the obvious...

Anger management indeed....... :cheesy: :cheesy:

Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

It would be nice if these rules were adopted and enforced uniformly across the board, because they're not it flows over from one forum to another. I've even reported such posts in the past which is very extreme for me to do and it was just blown off, not surprising this is being posted in a forum that is about a British national sport and pastime that is holier then thou in some peoples minds....Anyway carry on.....

It seems someone needs to look up the word sarcasm and study the meaning. I have the Fawlty Towers box set at home you borrow  :lol:

It would be nice if these rules were adopted and enforced uniformly across the board, because they're not it flows over from one forum to another. I've even reported such posts in the past which is very extreme for me to do and it was just blown off, not surprising this is being posted in a forum that is about a British national sport and pastime that is holier then thou in some peoples minds....Anyway carry on.....

It seems someone needs to look up the word sarcasm and study the meaning. I have the Fawlty Towers box set at home you borrow  :lol:

Famous.....Sarcasm? Not that old fall back??

Understanding and appreciating the difference between banter and unpleasant abusiveness is clearly hard for some.

For those people my tip is, if you are trash talking another team it's usually all well and good, especially if you inject a bit of humour into the trash. If on the other hand you are trash talking another fan, it's usually considered flaming, especially if you find yourself stooping to name-calling. Hope that helps...

Jeezzz! What professional cry babies!! I'm not allowed to have any other opinion that is contrary to your emotions?? Where's that baby sucking the dummy icon again?? :violin: :violin: couldn't find it so this'll have to do...

Why keep coming out with this am i not allowed to have a different opinion line, no one has said this or even implied it, but some of the rubbish youre spouting is incomprehendible .. and your hatred towards the English is clear to see so why not go away and spout your genius on other topics and let the rest of us argue/debate etc without having to read your nonsense.

PS You should go to your local bar on Sunday and come out with the stuff you have on here to some English people see what happens.

I'm not allowed to have any other opinion that is contrary to your emotions??

Not allowing other people to have a different opinion has consistently been precisely your attitude.

Take a look back at your contribution to the discussion about Green and you comments about anyone who felt he needed to be dropped.

Consider also whose opinion turned out to be shared by Mr Capello.

Take a look back at your contribution to the discussion about Green and you comments about anyone who felt he needed to be dropped.

And so far its looking like a very good decision James was outstanding when called upon last night.

And so far its looking like a very good decision James was outstanding when called upon last night.

Indeed.

Down side is though that with James the longer he goes without a calamity, the sooner you know one is coming along. We need him to get at least one blunder out of his system before we go much further.

:lol:

So then.

The French surrender early and the Americans arrive late, leaving us to fight ze bloody Germans.

Some things never change.

Except that this time the Yanks won't be there to hold your hand so you'll have to face the Germans on your own. Good luck.

Oh!! The usual hooliganism and piling on I see as usual....The insecurity and nationalism abounds once again...Typical house of f%^&&^% tossers...And now even the British half of the board that normally despise the English half is chiming in..

Aww, you going off to cry to your mommy now?

Put a sock in it, thre has been no hooliganism in this thread, and to be fair in the years that I have been using this football forum, there are rarely any big problems - only when people start posting <deleted> in the hope of winding people up.

So then.

The French surrender early and the Americans arrive late, leaving us to fight ze bloody Germans.

Except that this time the Yanks won't be there to hold your hand so you'll have to face the Germans on your own. Good luck.

Clearly humour is lost on some people. :rolleyes:

So then.

Clearly humour is lost on some people. :rolleyes:

Ditto. ;)

I would rather see Germany vs England than Slovenia vs Germany, so thats good.

However Germany came out of a very tough group, and that will stand to them. I still do not think Engerlund are playing well enough to win.

2-0 I would guess.

So then.

Forget Engerland here's the real thing.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlYadGj6UEE