England World Cup Discussion Thread

mommysboy

So then.

The French surrender early and the Americans arrive late, leaving us to fight ze bloody Germans.

Some things never change.

Except that this time the Yanks won't be there to hold your hand so you'll have to face the Germans on your own. Good luck.

Clearly humour is lost on some people. :rolleyes:

Ditto. ;)

It's a shame that the football forum that enjoys good hearted banter has a couple of ill informed, bitter and twisted, chip on the shoulder "soccer fans" whose whole intention seems to be to bitch, snipe and start a general slag fest.

Best learns forum rules as well. :lol:

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the bliss,pure heaven,those miserable "namby pamby" italians (who call themselves men) are finally out,thank god!If ever a team deserved to go early(with their french cousins)it was them,ducking and diving,clutching their poor faces in agony at being tackled(hoping to get a penalty or free kick)Bring on england v germany.

Edited by samuibeachcomber
  • Like 1

Ditto. ;)

It's a shame that the football forum that enjoys good hearted banter has a couple of ill informed, bitter and twisted, chip on the shoulder "soccer fans" whose whole intention seems to be to bitch, snipe and start a general slag fest.

That's pretty funny coming from you, someone who doesn't know that Algeria was in our group and not Albania.:lol:;)

You people are hilarious. When you go after someone its "good- hearted banter" and "humour". When somone gives the same back to you then you get all offended. A classic case of being able to dish it out but not take it and you don't even realise it.

Oh the bliss,pure heaven,those miserable "namby pamby" italians (who call themselves men) are finally out,thank god!If ever a team deserved to go early(with their french cousins)it was them,ducking and diving,clutching their poor faces in agony at being tackled(hoping to get a penalty or free kick)Bring on england v germany.

Now if the Spaniards choke, Platini and Blatter find a way to blame the English.  :lol:

Agree 100%

So then.

The French surrender early and the Americans arrive late, leaving us to fight ze bloody Germans.

Some things never change.

:D

not bad.

Japan are in the background still!

.....and the Italians are good for cooking only.........;)

Ditto. ;)

That's pretty funny coming from you, someone who doesn't know that Algeria was in our group and not Albania.:lol:;)

You people are hilarious. When you go after someone its "good- hearted banter" and "humour". When somone gives the same back to you then you get all offended. A classic case of being able to dish it out but not take it and you don't even realise it.

If yours was an attempt at banter, then you need more practice.

I saw no banter in there whatsoever, rather I just saw an over sensitive (hand on heart) reaction to a comment which included your beloved US of A. Banter is supposed to be funny. Everybody saw the humour in my comment but none in yours, simply because there wasn't any.

On this one koheesti you need to go right back to the earlier flaming ....for which one poster was warned by the mods....and the poster involved seems to have thought we all have a grudge. I dunno what his problem is however I'd be chuffed to bits with the USA position right now.

Have to agree with you regarding carmine however......double standards yeah....chip on both shoulder he has. :D

Can you honestly say koheesti that you have read this thread from the beginning?

Not that i particularly recommend it, but i think if you had you would understand better some of the comments being made now.

Ditto. ;)

It''s because there are a number of people who really don't understand what banter and humour actually are. There has been some pretty piss poor attempts of trying to wind people up from "new fans", as they are pretty conspicous by their absence most of the time. As it is, most of us are able to have a laugh at the expense of our own team.

It''s because there are a number of people who really don't understand what banter and humour actually are. There has been some pretty piss poor attempts of trying to wind people up from "new fans", as they are pretty conspicous by their absence most of the time. As it is, most of us are able to have a laugh at the expense of our own team.

Some more than others toady - scousers come to mind.   :whistling:

ANYWAY...

I think England will beat Germany. Too much talent has been dormant too long in the WC and getting up to play Germany is a lot different than Slovenia, Algeria and USA . Good teams often have a harder time getting prepared for the underdog than they do when confronted with a top team. This Sunday, England is the underdog and it's Germany who will be taking England lightly despite what the German players might say in the press. I'm not trying to get on anyone's good side here, just getting back on topic and calling it like I see it.

Some more than others toady - scousers come to mind.   :whistling:

:lol: now that's just being unfair - at least the person who I believe you are referring to has a sound knowledge of the game, rather than some of these recent glory hunters- who know know more than everybody.

ANYWAY...

I think England will beat Germany. Too much talent has been dormant too long in the WC and getting up to play Germany is a lot different than Slovenia, Algeria and USA . Good teams often have a harder time getting prepared for the underdog than they do when confronted with a top team. This Sunday, England is the underdog and it's Germany who will be taking England lightly despite what the German players might say in the press. I'm not trying to get on anyone's good side here, just getting back on topic and calling it like I see it.

I would like to think so. One thing is for sure, because of the historical rivalry between the two teams, there should be no excuse from any of the England players for looking out of sorts. This is where it really starts, one mistake and the team is out. No excuses, those England players should be pumped up for this game, and they owe it to the fans to put in a decent performance against a decent team. If the Germans are over confident, then they may get a surprise.

ANYWAY...

Germany will not be taking England lightly.

ANYWAY...

Agreed.

I for one am very happy that we get to take on Germany. Yes it's going to be a tough game, but that's what World Cups should be about. And providing the game is won by the best team, i will be happy, win or lose.

ANYWAY...

Germany v England Betting Odds | World Cup Betting

England are slight favourites if the bookies are to be believed and as the saying goes theyre never usually wrong.

I see Franz "Not Ferdinand" Bechenhauser is worried - going on about how the English blew it and ended-up in 2nd. He was hoping for an easy match against the USA I guess. :blink:

who? do you mean legend of the game and best sweeper ever franz beckenbauer james?

I see Franz "Not Ferdinand" Bechenhauser is worried  - going on about how the English blew it and ended-up in 2nd. He was hoping for an easy match against the USA I guess.  :blink:

who? do you mean legend of the game and best sweeper ever franz beckenbauer james?

Ah yes him, spelling was never a strong suit in school. 

Germany great Franz Beckenbauer believes that England have been "unfortunate" in allowing themselves to finish second in their World Cup 2010 group.

That means that the Three Lions will face old foes Germany in the last 16 on Sunday.

Beckenbauer believes the game should be taking place later in the tournament as it is such an iconic fixture.

"A game like this should be a semi-final, not a last-16 game," the man who won the World Cup as both player and manager told Germany's Bild newspaper.

"Unfortunately, the English have slipped up a little by finishing second in their group."

Beckenbauer also believes that the German players look fitter and fresher than their English counterparts because the demands of a long Premier League season are so intense.

"The English look a little tired," he added.

"There is a good reason for that: the Premier League players have got to play far more games than their Bundesliga colleagues, including two national cup competitions.

"Therefore, when it comes to a World Cup or a European Championships, they are burnt out.

"Our players, on the other hand, seem to be in a physically better condition.

"Of course we respect them, but we certainly don't fear them.

"England's first two appearances at the World Cup were paltry, but they improved against Slovenia."

But 'Der Kaiser' is still sounding a note of caution. He feels that the age of some of England's key men could fire the Three Lions' motivation.

"What makes them dangerous is that their key players Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and John Terry sense that this could be the last chance in their career to win a World Cup," he explained.

"And after all, England have been waiting since 1966 for a title.

"Fabio Capello appears to have brought discipline to the troops. After they failed to qualify for Euro 2008, England hit rock bottom.

"Capello has brought in a new structure.

"England against Germany - they were always the biggest, most unforgettable games in our history," said Beckenbauer.

germany are worried. and beckenbauer's doing capello's pre-match team talk for him.

Of course they are. They might be physically fit but it is a very young and relatively inexperienced team. They will have problems to handle the pressure.

More power to England if this is true.

Concern over Boateng, but playmaker Ozil given all-clear

BastianSchweinsteiger_2469781.jpg Schweinsteiger: Injury blow

Germany star Bastian Schweinsteiger is a doubt for his team's round of 16 encounter against England.

The rival nations collide in Bloemfontein on Sunday after Germany topped Group D to book a date against the Three Lions, who progressed on Wednesday after beating Slovenia to finish runners-up in Group C.

But Joachim Low could be dealt a huge blow prior to the clash as it emerged that midfield schemer Schweinsteiger had sustained a thigh injury in his team's defeat of Ghana.

The 25-year-old has played a prominent part in his side's impressive World Cup campaign but was forced off during the closing stages in the win over the Black Stars.

And the Bayern Munich man is facing a race against time to be fit enough to feature against Fabio Capello's team.

Time running out

Assistant coach Hansi Flick said: "He has sustained a thigh injury. The doctors say time is running out but we hope he can play because he is an important player."

Low could be forced to tinker with his starting line-up elsewhere as doubts also emerged over the availability of Jerome Boateng.

The Manchester City summer capture is nursing a calf problem although Mesut Ozil the playmaker who has caught the eye in South Africa should be given the all clear.

Ozil twisted his ankle after bagging the stunning winner over Ghana in Johannesburg but has shrugged off the injury.

Edited by NADTATIDA1

A match against the USA would not have been easier for Germany. Look how well the Slovaks played last night. There are no easy matches. Motivation for a GER-ENG game should not be an issue on both sides. What worries me is the fact that Schweini might not be playing. Without Ballack and Schweinsteiger the midfield is a bid on the weak side.

Anyway, we always can hope for the penalty shoot out ;-)

A match against the USA would not have been easier for Germany. Look how well the Slovaks played last night. There are no easy matches. Motivation for a GER-ENG game should not be an issue on both sides. What worries me is the fact that Schweini might not be playing. Without Ballack and Schweinsteiger the midfield is a bid on the weak side.

Penalties would be great....misses by Rooney Lampard and finally Terry holding his head in his hands....Perfect.

According to the tabloids today "The Germans are Wurst at Penalties"

Apparently their record is poorer than ours. Although I find that hard to believe :o

depends on context. if they're talking about in tournaments then it's horseshit.

post-31474-097447300 1277463854_thumb.jp

Probably will upset some of our new found forum fans. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to a good game - sure that England and Germany will put in good performances, so away from being bitter - may the best team win. I am now officially away from my computer until Monday. :lol:

P.S. Best of luck to Ghana. ;)