Tuk-Tuks Blockade US Military In Phuket

webfact

A good post 'Just1Voice' , liked your thoughts for the fix to the blockade , just what those retards need to put them in their place , now they will carry on as before with an even bigger chip on their shoulder , you know , "" Ëven the US marines were scared to take us Thai on" .

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The topic at hand is:-

Tuk-Tuks Blockade US Military In Phuket

and not the Khrap that you have posted about. So lets get back to the topic at hand :)

:D

KanWin...perhaps you need to read the post again, and put your beer down first. I was responding to the comments by Racharee, as many others have done, but perhaps in a more explanatory manner, and I did comment on the OP, which you seem to have missed. However, I apologize if my post was too long for your apparent short attention span.

Yes... Didn't you read the article either? It is I think the newest US Aircraft carrier. Many US ships are named after US President's

The really discordant name, of course, is the USS Jimmy Carter.

What? At least he was a Navy officer! Reagan was the president of The Screen Actors Guild. And a big part of the McCarthy campaign blacklisting people in the entertainment industry for being "communist." He was a 'B' movie star, costarring with a chimp named Bonzo! His military background reminds me of George W. Bush, who "served." Reagan and I quote: "Reagan was ordered to active duty for the first time on April 18, 1942. Due to his nearsightedness, he was classified for limited service only, which excluded him from serving overseas."

I will not be put into the position of defending Reagan or a Bush. But to attack a man for acting with a chimp, while forgetting about Jimmy's battle on the rowboat with the "Killer Rabbit", seems myopic.

You seen to miss the point. I was speaking about Reagan and his service as well as G W's. Also Reagan's part in the Hollywood communist witch hunt. Reagan was an amusing actor, but as the Governor of California, he closed all the mental hospitals and let the loons out on the streets, while slashing the education budget at the same time. And I don't have to clue to your killer rabbit reference, must be a southern thing?cool.gif

But what does this have to do with tuk tuks in Phuket? Nothing! I don't know why I bother to respond to your post in the first place. And why are joking about my vision problem?

The local police and government officials that allowed this "blockade" to happen in the first place by greedy Thais is this thread is about!

Edited by Jimi007

<snip>

and not the Khrap that you have posted about. So lets get back to the topic at hand :)

KanWin...perhaps you need to read the post again, and put your beer down first. I was responding to the comments by Racharee, as many others have done, but perhaps in a more explanatory manner, and I did comment on the OP, which you seem to have missed. However, I apologize if my post was too long for your apparent short attention span.

Please 'Just1Voice',

It was NOT your post that I meant, but about the Ragan and Carter posts that are "Where-the-fukc-are-we" in this thread. :D

<snip>

Please 'Just1Voice',

It was NOT your post that I meant, but about the Ragan and Carter posts that are "Where-the-fukc-are-we" in this thread. :D

ok, no problem.laugh.gif

If Farang wants to come to Thailand, they should contribute to the local economy too.Next time, they bring their own van, to visit their own bars, and drink their own beers, and perhaps even import their own girls (from the Philippines).

Thai people do exactly that in the EU. Same rules for everyone, everywhere please.

Who likes to contribute to the (non)local criminal economy? Other criminals.

Some Thai people are getting more and more ignorant in the last decades, at least you if you are Thai.

But I love you :)

I am amazed that anybody here thinks they are responding to a Thai.

My thought too!

Edited by miruph

"grow up".....

it's a cultural problem, you are asking the impossible

Still like to hear some further comment from Khun Racharee. I wonder if you, Khun R, are a typ[ical output of the Thai education system in that instant broader analysis / big picture analysis of the situation is just not the way that most Thai people think.

I'm not saying that Thai people are stupid, I would never ever say that because it's not true, but it is true that the Thai education system produces people who never / can't analyse the big picture. And one thing I am very proud of that my Thai born (adult) son does instantly take his thinking / his analysis to the big picture and his university colleagues are often amazed at his bigger picture comments (I know because they have mentioned it several times).

Maybe that is why we have a prime minister that is born in the UK, and a King that is born in the US.

Maybe this prove that Farang's education system is far far superior that Thais.

Maybe that is why people born in Thailand and never complete with Farang or Thai born overseas..

Maybe....biggrin.gif

I apologize if I have upset so many Farang in Thailand & Phuket in particular.

My intention is noble.

I just want the local Thai people to get a fair share of Thailand's economy.

The bulk of it is already in the hand of Chinese, Farang, Indian, and the Arabs.

Leaving local Thai men mostly as farmers, and local Thai women mostly working the the industry that I rather not mention.

I use the word most, as exception does apply to the fortunate few.

I noticed the picture accompanying this news item shows a row of mobile ATMs at the dockside, so no doubt the 150baht ATM scam kicked in even before the sailors left the docks.

But where were the Navy top brass when all this brouhaha was going on, they should have sorted it out in two minutes, like threatened to sail or else.

This issue really needs taken all the way to the top. Let Abhisit be aware of what is going on, just days after Thailand suffers from bad international press over the riots.

Still, on the bright side. No poster has found a way of blaming Thaksin for this one, which has to be some sort of TV record.

I think it's all Thaksin's fault. The Tuk Tuk drivers are all Red Shirts who did not get paid.

Not really. I just wanted to make you feel better.

If it make you feel better, Phuket is a Yellow area. Not a Red area like Udon.

Maybe so, but the tuk tuk driver are from Issan,,, Red shirt Territory

I noticed the picture accompanying this news item shows a row of mobile ATMs at the dockside, so no doubt the 150baht ATM scam kicked in even before the sailors left the docks.

But where were the Navy top brass when all this brouhaha was going on, they should have sorted it out in two minutes, like threatened to sail or else.

This issue really needs taken all the way to the top. Let Abhisit be aware of what is going on, just days after Thailand suffers from bad international press over the riots.

Still, on the bright side. No poster has found a way of blaming Thaksin for this one, which has to be some sort of TV record.

I think it's all Thaksin's fault. The Tuk Tuk drivers are all Red Shirts who did not get paid.

Not really. I just wanted to make you feel better.

If it make you feel better, Phuket is a Yellow area. Not a Red area like Udon.

Maybe so, but the tuk tuk driver are from Issan,,, Red shirt Territory

I hope you would say that to the Tuk Tuk driver (that they are from Issan) in Phuket.

See what's their reaction.

I hope you would say that to the Tuk Tuk driver (that they are from Issan) in Phuket.

See what's their reaction.

I have in the past, most are :)

And their reaction is fairly neutral, not aggressive or upset or negative

I am amazed no one came up with the idea of hiring 10 or more Tul tuks on a daily basis to run the sailors to town

this would solve the problem of tuk tuks not being used

Many hotels in Thailand now have private tuk tuks for their guests

so why can the US navy not do the same

but really this was never the problem

The right to rip off tourists is really what is a question here

the 2nd point is Thais can break any laws they want, as long as they have the numbers

The police are to busy catching people having sex in their private Pattaya appartments

My intention is noble.

The bulk of it is already in the hand of Chinese, Farang, Indian, and the Arabs.

Leaving local Thai men mostly as farmers, and local Thai women mostly working the the industry that I rather not mention.

Loaded with bigotry, jealousy and sweeping generalisations. Well done, you'll go far. :)

Preechavude ‘Prab’ Keesin, president of the newly formed Patong Taxi Federation (PTF), said that members of his association were not among the drivers involved in the alleged protest.

“Our members wouldn’t do such a thing,” he said.

All those who did were fake taxi drivers..

:)

Its a pity the US Navy didnt turn over a few tuk tuks and teach some of those low life a few lessons, of course it would of been funny to see the usual 'numbers game' reversed for a change. Following that they could of driven themselves around phuket, for free. :)

That would have been nice. I first went to Phuket in 1991, and traveled there many, many times up until 2004. I have been back three times since living here - the last time was in 2008, and I think that will be the last time there. Those bunch of crooks, have been given free reign to price gouge tourists, and they know nothing is going to change. I got so fed up trying to get around, every-time was quoted ludicrous prices for even short trips. There are plenty of other places to go, and to be honest Thailand needs to get a grip on this sort of shit in the tourist areas, as it really isn't good for the image. They are going to feel a lot of financial pain this year, when there is no high season.

Yes, MrT, you are right again on all accounts.

I think LivinginKata nailed this thread right at the start when he stated, 'Just another nail in the coffin'.

I tell you know, I've spent a fair bit of time on Phuket over the years & I will NEVER EVER contribute a single dime to one of these thugs by riding in one of their tuk tuks. Even if as a result of that I had to push a peanut with my nose whilst hopping my way right around the island on highways full of broken glass on my penis.

The sooner more people vote with their feet, the sooner it will become more difficult for these extortionists.

I do! I walk everywhere now.

I do find those complaining about being charged 500 baht for a 100 metre trip irksome. Bloody walk then, lazy sod.laugh.gif

Edited by evanson

My intention is noble.

Loaded with bigotry, jealousy and sweeping generalisations. Well done, you'll go far. :)

Oh here we go again. I was being told be a local that the reason the land on Phuket is so expensive is because the farang pushed the prices up. Yes well, who sold it to them then?dry.gif

As for the 30% who will be "elected", again, only the upper Military Brass, the BKK elites, and those with Master's Degrees from reputable universities will be allowed to vote.

That is incorrect and possibly a product of you listening to your gf/wife/friends in the red camp.

The suggestion, however flawed it may have been and since then have also discarded from their main platform from what we have heard, was never to remove anyone's votes. It was to make sure that the different fields of work and expertise was represented, the 70% slice, while 30% would be voted in as normal. Yes, one might say that it is to remove the chance of farmers being voted into majority, but since no farmers are ever voted into the parliament (especially not if the 1997 constitution is brought back so there is a requirement to hold a degree again - something we don't have with the 2006 constitution) that isn't really a worry you should focus on. But indeed it would reduce the amount of 'proffesional' criminals politicians that would be able to get in, since they 70% slice would be people that are voted forward by their own associations, for example 2 teacher MPs voted forward by teachers in public schools etc. In a way it would allow a wider range of professions to gain representation in the parliament while removing the mafia-elements to a bit.

But the red channel will never tell you the technical facts, hence you will get a distorted view of how it would work...

My intention is noble.

Oh here we go again. I was being told be a local that the reason the land on Phuket is so expensive is because the farang pushed the prices up. Yes well, who sold it to them then?dry.gif

Farang (using proxy companies) came and bought up Thai land at a very low price from local farmers.

Then they mark up 20 to 30 times.

Then they sell it back to Thai people.

Thai people have no choice, as almost all are in Farang hand.

Farang have to much money, they buy yacht (from Europe) and build marina using poor labor (from Myanmar).

Thai people don't even allowed to work in the construction sites.

There was even rumor from PAD (Sondhi) that Farang want to turn Phuket into Republic of Singapore II (i.e. Singapore buy the whole Island)

My intention is noble.

Farang (using proxy companies) came and bought up Thai land at a very low price from local farmers.

Farang have to much money, they buy yacht (from Europe) and build marina using poor labor (from Myanmar).

There was even rumor from PAD (Sondhi) that Farang want to turn Phuket into Republic of Singapore II (i.e. Singapore buy the whole Island)

You are either seriously deluded (or trolling) especially if you believe the majority of Thai women are prostitutes.

Much of the buying up of land at cheap prices was by Thai people from outside Phuket who then proceeded to mark it up. Nearly all the rapid development in Patong over the last 15 years has been made by Thais.

Thai people do not work on construction sites for two reasons, either they do not want to or their Thai employer does not want to pay Thai wages so they hire cheap Burmese workers.

For years there have been rumours of turning Phuket into a duty free zone.Ask any farang if they would like Phuket to be like Singapore & they would fall over laughing. Singapore is the epitome of what foreigners come to Phuket to get away from.

The topic is about the tuk tuk owners & their extortion of US sailors. In case you were unaware most of the tuk tuk drivers rent their vehicles from a Thai & if they did not have to pay such high daily rents for vehicle & being able to park in a particular spot then prices would be much lower.

Edited by Valentine

Agree with the general sentiments expressed but do understand it's low season (after years of low high-seasons) so money it tight. It's just such bad form for the TT drivers to all converge in a scrum like this and attempt to gouge visitors like this. (I assume the deep-water port in on the east-coast side mid-island the it's maybe a 20-30 minute ride over the mountain to Patong, so B2000 per person is ridiculous.) Now, having been to Phuket many times, I know these drivers (and their "masters" are pond scum) but even scumbags have to eat (unfortunately). So why not organize something reasonable like maybe 200 baht per person and stick 2 sailors in each TT...generating a cool 400 baht a trip (and of course, they could arrange time and place for a return trip for the same price as well. That would be a nice bit of work for most drivers no?

That would be ok if one was dealing with people, but those cockroaches would not accept this - they are only happy when they can rip off foreigners. Lankawi is much nicer than Phuket which has by now been covered in concrete and Hotels and is fast approaching Pattaya standards - and the people in Lankawi are friendly and speak English. Phuket, once the perl of the orient has become the dung beetle of the orient - but the Thais will eventually wake up to the fact that you can not treat tourists like shit for ever, especially in today's world with the internet. dry.gif

I'm surprised the Navy doesn't just do what the cruise ships have learned to do in this situation: anchor out in Patong bay and nobody makes any transport money. Many these guys sure make a name for themselves don't they?

THey're getting more famous all the time.

Rachanee: I apologize if I have upset so many Farang in Thailand & Phuket in particular.

My intention is noble.

Rachanee: Farang (using proxy companies) came and bought up Thai land at a very low price from local farmers.

You are either seriously deluded (or trolling) especially if you believe the majority of Thai women are prostitutes.

Much of the buying up of land at cheap prices was by Thai people from outside Phuket who then proceeded to mark it up. Nearly all the rapid development in Patong over the last 15 years has been made by Thais.

Thai people do not work on construction sites for two reasons, either they do not want to or their Thai employer does not want to pay Thai wages so they hire cheap Burmese workers.

For years there have been rumours of turning Phuket into a duty free zone.Ask any farang if they would like Phuket to be like Singapore & they would fall over laughing. Singapore is the epitome of what foreigners come to Phuket to get away from.

The topic is about the tuk tuk owners & their extortion of US sailors. In case you were unaware most of the tuk tuk drivers rent their vehicles from a Thai & if they did not have to pay such high daily rents for vehicle & being able to park in a particular spot then prices would be much lower.

Well Khun Rachanee I give you full score for your ability to put your foot in your mouth again and again.

IUf you wish to engage in this type of discussion (and you most certainly have every right to do so)then you need to be much more aware of the big picture and it's realities.

You say:

1. "Farang buy up all the land ....." . This is just rubbish. In places like Phuket the local Thai (regardless of whether they are Chinese thai or whatever) the local mafiacontrol the situation about land ownership and lots more and they would never allow (using whatever means is needed) farang to buy Phuket. Plus, it's very well established that many many ruthless Thai people have tricked local poor farmers into selling their land, in many parts of Thailand, for decades. And what underlies part of your comment is the wrong assumption that every farang is rich and has no morals, again you ned to get a bit more wordly K. Rachanee. And by the way there are plenty of Thai businesspeople who own large amounts of property in numerous countries in the region and across the globe.

2. "And the Thai people are not allowed to work on construction sites. Well there's two points here:

a). Many Thais don't want to work in construction any more.

:D. Who is it that actually employs construction workers from regional countries? The answer - Thais!!!

And lots more...

And ultimately what's all of this got to do with the Phuket Tuk Tuk mafia?

Who don't you make some big picture comment about the damage the Tuk Tuk mafia are doing to Phuket? Or maybe you don't see that they are doing any damage? or maybe you don't see that mafia groups should not be tolerated by the public at large therefore the authorities (the people who take jobs to carry out the wishes of all society)?

Lets have you comment on these points please Khun Rachanee

Edited by scorecard