World Cup - Germany

Lotusbluete

Hallo,

Congratulations to our German team for the 4 : 0 victory over Australia. This was a convincing and excellent performance in their opening match of the World Cup!

Australia was not an easy opponent but the team around our new captain Lahm showed its capabilities. I am happy especially for Podolski and Klose who were so much in the critics before the tournament.

And I think it is quite remarkable that 4 different playes scored the goals. That makes the German team even more unpredictable for its future opponents. And the defense kept the the goal clean. Also a big achievement.

Jogi Loew, you have done everything right!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought the Aussies were disappointingly poor, and I think that was because the Germans made them look like that. Very impressive performance, and the running off the ball was excellent. I haven't seen anything like their organisation and co-ordinated work rate so far.

Unlike Smokie36, I hope you DON'T meet England in the second round :)

A good performance against a poor aussie outfit especially the back four made easier when Cahill got sent off.

I still think that the German defense is a weak link when got at so dont get to excited although i have always liked the industry of your best player Bastien the PIG!

Good luck to your country though the best performance so far apart from the USA's 1-1 win against England of course :)

A good performance against a poor aussie outfit especially the back four made easier when Cahill got sent off.

I still think that the German defense is a weak link when got at so dont get to excited although i have always liked the industry of your best player Bastien the PIG!

Good luck to your country though the best performance so far apart from the USA's 1-1 win against England of course :)

Funny, I didn't think England played that well, but thanks!

Germany looked very good, think they will get far in the competition.

Same story for England who are over rated when called one of the

favourites for the World Cup. Two average performances in the pre World

Cup friendly's and a 1:1 draw with USA prooves that.

Watched Holland today, they looked Ok. Waiting to see Brazil and Spain

who I think one of which will win the World Cup.

Hallo,

first of all congratulations to Serbia for their 1:0 win over Germany.

How could an experienced player like Klose be so foolish to committ another foul even in the Serbian half after he already has a yellow card?!

Why can Podolski not convert a penalty shot?!

Well, the next match against Ghana on 23.06. will be absolutely crucial.

Jogi Loew, many things done wrong!

The problems were easily identifiable and the coach will correct them. No great worries i think. Just a slip up.

I've got Germany in the sweepstake which is clearly my best bet in getting anything out of this world cup! :)

After a stunning performance in their first match against the Aussies, the second match against Serbia was a monumental failure. This gives the Aussie great encouragement to pull out all the stops for a much needed victory against Ghana tonight. Thank you and zer gut,Germany

The problems were easily identifiable and the coach will correct them.<snip>

You mean get rid of Podolski?

Nope, get rid of Badstuber, put Lahm on the left and probably Boateng on the right. The whole defence is rubbish but Badstuber clearly tops them all.

Although the Germans lost the game, I think it was still further proof that the Germans are one of the better teams in the tournament. For 60 odd mins they pinned the 11 men of Serbia inside their own half and create plenty of chances to win the game. Compare this to England or Spain both playing with eleven they were unable to create as much as the Germans can with 10 men, I expect to see this German team in the final.

True sport 1, check the website TrueVisions - FIFA WORLD CUP 2010

Cable Channels (SUpersport 3) as well, if one can access it.

Thanks mate, I checked, but that only says when they show the LIVE match, no repeats the next day, are there any at all?

Unless I am going blind and deaf I swear TS 1 has repeats : without commentary by the way : only those &lt;deleted&gt;++ing horns.

Well done Germany!

The 1:0 win over Ghana will bring the German team to the next round. It was a difficult match but Oezils goal made the difference.

And on Sunday will be the "classic" match against the Brits! That will be interesting.

Good luck to the German team.

Jogi Loew, many things done right!

Germany will be playing the USA, not England.

So sorry, I totally spaced out.

Germany of course will playing England, while the USA will be playing Ghana.

JT, did you stumble in the footy forum by accident mate? FYI, we don't use polls in here.

For Mr. Lotus. Now the game is on mate. After that dismal display in the CL final, you have a chance to redeem your national pride but can you handle it? JK :lol:

Well done Germany!

The 1:0 win over Ghana will bring the German team to the next round. It was a difficult match but Oezils goal made the difference.

And on Sunday will be the "classic" match against the Brits! That will be interesting.

Don't you mean the English? :whistling:

should be a decent match england - germany. not convinced that germany's defence is all that and england could get some joy from corners and free-kicks against them.

Germanys defence is crap worse than ours,but they have usually had a strong midfield and a couple of good goalscorers

I think Schweinsteiger is not 100% the same as Rooney it will be interesting to see if either one plays.

I think it is the best outcome for England playing the Germans they will not need lifting again,if we have pace up front we can get behind them and i think have the quality to dominate the midfield....I should think Klose should be back for Germany and he is there focal point,Ozil seems to be the only livewire danger to me that i have seen.

All this of course is said under the pretence that England play a bit more like last night.

One thing that must be said is that Capello deffo has the Italian attitude installed in England we have conceded only one goal which was a goalkeepers mistake so that is a positive .

Midfield will have more confidence now that they know that they can dominate against the Germans,it is just up to who and how he plays in the game up front....Rooney is not the same Rooney we see week in at United and is not at it at all!

All in both teams will think they have a good chance against each other......maybe penaltys again and David James becomes starman??? :D

Well done Germany!

Don't you mean the English? :whistling:

I've always considered it both customary and sportsmanly to offer good luck to the opposing team.

Good luck Germany.

P.S. Much more than an England win, my wish for the game is that the final result is a fair reflection of who has played the best game.