650R Power Commander Help

My friend is in OZ at the moment and (hopefully) will be able to pick me one up. I've e-mailed the company but no reply.

I'm not sure which one I need? I thought the engine on the ER-6N and the 650R were identical except for the fairings?

More Power Racing - EX650R 2009

2009 - More Power Racing

Any help appreciated!

Matt.

Not sure if I am helping here.

In Aus, the ER6N is an ER6N - What in Thai is a 650Ninja is an ER6F. We also have an ER6NL - which is an ER6N with a restrictor to make it learner legal -

EX650R might be the US Name, and might have different emissions controls or something. Maybe the books in Australia just use the Australian name.

Cheers,

Daewoo

Tony, which one would you recommend, the autotune or the power commander v?

Have you one fitted to your current 650R? I remember you had one on your ER-6N.

Hi Matt,

The Autotune is an extra accessory (add-on) that works WITH the Powercommander V.

From the Powercommander site: "the Auto Tune kit monitors the fuel mixture (by installing the included Wide Band O2 sensor in the exhaust). It then sends this information to the Power Commander V and automatically corrects it while you ride. Each map that we offer has preset Air/Fuel ratio values included that we find to be the best overall settings. This lets you simply plug in the unit and let it do the work."

On my ER6n I had a Two Brother Juice Box Fuel Injection module that comes pre-set for the Two Brothers Exhaust. Likewise Dynojet (the manufacturer of the Powercommander FI module) has many maps on their site that you can download and use. Here are the maps they have for the EX650:

Map #Map Description M17-008-000 Zero Map M17-008-001 Stock exhaust, Stock air filter M17-008-002 Two Brothers slip-on, Stock or aftermarket air filter M17-008-003 Jardine RT-5 slip-on, Stock or aftermarket air filter M17-008-004 LeoVince full exhaust (insert removed), Stock or aftermarket air filter M17-008-005 Muzzy M10 full exhaust, Stock or aftermarket air filter

Ahh.... I see!

Are you running anything on your current 650R or standard ECU?

Matt.

Hi Matt,

I have the PCV and Autotune but not yet had a chance to install. Looks very similar to the Two Brothers Juice box - basically just plug and play. (Thinking about selling the 650R and getting a 2009 (non ABS) ER6n so may just wait until I get the ER6n and install the PCV and Autotune on that bike. ) Been too busy tinkering with my other bike to do much with the Ninja 650R of late :)

Also waiting for the new no-cut sliders to arrive so will probably do everything at once as taking the fairings off of the 650R is a royal pain in the butt and I don't feel like doing it twice!

Ride On!

Tony