• Latest posts...

1. 33

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

2. 87

Trump chickens out again.

3. 140

Should A Woman Be Allowed to hold the office of President of the USA?

4. 140

5. 87

Trump chickens out again.

6. 63

No travel insurance for me !

7. 60

CNG and LPG vehicles face crackdown after tragic school bus fire

8. 28

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

9. 60

CNG and LPG vehicles face crackdown after tragic school bus fire

10. 140

11. 40

Kamala Harris' Election Prospects Slip in Prediction Market Amid Trump's Surge

12. 373

What does the average British expat think of Tommy?

13. 0

France and Italy Deport Extremists Amid Security Concerns

14. 129

Toppings for toast?

Gsxr Shock

Anyone any idea if it's possible to renovate a leaking shock? This is from an early, around 1990 ish Suzuki GSXR 750. 

I prefer if possible to do it myself, as whenever I give a business here to do anything, they only make a mess, ruin things and then expect me to pay for the ruined part!

Sure I can buy a new or secondhand one overseas and get ripped off by customs, I welcome any better suggestions. Thanks.

If you're in Pattaya why don't you go talk to Graham at High Side Tours at BIRA Circuit. He knows the GSXR 750 like the back of his hand and will be able to tell you if the shock is repairable. (If it's a gas shock like most modern sport bike rear shocks it will NOT be repairable).

If you want a new one have a look at eBay- I just did a search for "gsxr 750 shock" and got nearly 500 results! Average price for used rear shocks seems to be about $30 bucks B)

gsxr 750 shock items - Get great deals on eBay Motors items on eBay.com!

Ride On!

Tony

If you're in Pattaya why don't you go talk to Graham at High Side Tours at BIRA Circuit. He knows the GSXR 750 like the back of his hand and will be able to tell you if the shock is repairable. (If it's a gas shock like most modern sport bike rear shocks it will NOT be repairable).

If you want a new one have a look at eBay- I just did a search for "gsxr 750 shock" and got nearly 500 results! Average price for used rear shocks seems to be about $30 bucks B)

Ride On!

Tony

Yep, it's a gas shock. The problem is oil leakage, not gas.

When is Graham at Bira, or does he have a shop up there? 

I already looked on Ebay. I have dealt with Thai customs in the past and avoid them like the plague if at all possible. Better if someone can carry over for me. 

Thanks

Ride On!

Tony

Yep, it's a gas shock. The problem is oil leakage, not gas.

When is Graham at Bira, or does he have a shop up there?

I already looked on Ebay. I have dealt with Thai customs in the past and avoid them like the plague if at all possible. Better if someone can carry over for me.

Thanks

It's still a gas shock- mess with it at your peril!

A used shock sent via USPS delivered by Thailand Post really should not attract much duty if any. I've had pretty good luck with used parts sent USPS and only get dinged on really big packages or items that "look" expensive. Just make sure you avoid UPS, FedEx and DHL as they will rob you blind.

High Side Tours doesn't really have "regular" hours. Just give Graham a call: 08 9119 0000

Good luck!

Tony

Ride On!

Tony

Thanks, lots on ebay, but mine has a remote resevoir, it could be one of the later ones will fit, not sure. My bike was fitted with K&N filters, ran terrible, I bought an air box from ebay, doesn't fit at all, I thought it was the correct part, trying to modify, what a job!

Can't even be sure what year my bike is, as the year in the book is the year it was imported.

Anyway, I will sort it all.

I am rather fond of the GSXR's this will be my third.

Thanks, lots on ebay, but mine has a remote resevoir, it could be one of the later ones will fit, not sure. My bike was fitted with K&N filters, ran terrible, I bought an air box from ebay, doesn't fit at all, I thought it was the correct part, trying to modify, what a job!

Can't even be sure what year my bike is, as the year in the book is the year it was imported.

I recently picked up a Gixxer myself and must agree it's a fantastic bike-

NinjaGixxer2Sm.jpg

I've ordered some parts from the US and some from Red Baron here in Bangkok and have been pleasantly surprised that the parts from Red Baron are often LESS than what I'd have to pay for the same parts in the US!

You ought to be able to figure out the model year of your bike from the VIN number.

GixxerUndone3SmSSR.jpg

How you 'translate' the VIN depends on what country the bike came from.

Ride On!

Tony

I recently picked up a Gixxer myself and must agree it's a fantastic bike-

NinjaGixxer2Sm.jpg

I've ordered some parts from the US and some from Red Baron here in Bangkok and have been pleasantly surprised that the parts from Red Baron are often LESS than what I'd have to pay for the same parts in the US!

You ought to be able to figure out the model year of your bike from the VIN number.

GixxerUndone3SmSSR.jpg

How you 'translate' the VIN depends on what country the bike came from.

Ride On!

Tony

Thanks, red baron don't have one, so it looks like being ebay.

The YSS MX366-310TRC-08 is an excellent Gas-Reservoir shock, YSS also has the MZ366-310TR-08 which is with Gas-Emulsion. Both shocks are made in Thailand, so the price should be okay... YSS Thailand

Thanks, I contacted YSS weeks ago, they never answered my mail, so I called them, they then told me to mail all the details, so I made up a picture with dimensions and mailed it, they never answered. 

Sorry, from my experience 16 years here, it is a waste of time asking almost any Thai business anything. In fact I prefer to give them as little of my money as possible and buy overseas. 

Thanks

post-69049-085002900 1277688574_thumb.jp