Cheerful Charlies F&C Is For Sale!

ginnyten

I can see what you are saying, but if CC could thrive in his former location, this has to be a step up. There is so much more foot traffic behind the Night Bazaar and all the expats that frequent his place do not have to move very far. I just wish that he was open during the late evening when I get off work as I have wanted to try the place forever.

Are their new opening hours as it is a busier area?

The only foot traffic behind the NB on that Soi are the punters going and coming from Foxy Lady.:lol: Maybe CC can work out a deal with FL:whistling:

I'm sure the last thing on fellas mind's when leaving the Foxy Lady with a bird is a bit of fish and chips :( .

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see what you are saying, but if CC could thrive in his former location, this has to be a step up. There is so much more foot traffic behind the Night Bazaar and all the expats that frequent his place do not have to move very far. I just wish that he was open during the late evening when I get off work as I have wanted to try the place forever.

Are their new opening hours as it is a busier area?

The only foot traffic behind the NB on that Soi are the punters going and coming from Foxy Lady.:lol: Maybe CC can work out a deal with FL:whistling:

I'm sure the last thing on fellas mind's when leaving the Foxy Lady with a bird is a bit of fish and chips :( .

The Foxy Lady and Charlie`s fish and chips do have much in common. They both have hot saucy treats and both do take aways. Only at Charlie`s it costs a lot less.

Charlie says that he is considering staying open later. It all depends on the flow of customers.

Charlie asked me to pass on a message from him to Thaivisa. He says thank you for letting this thread stay open so his friends and well wishers can know his new location and where to find him.

I have, not sure how, become Charlie`s unofficial public relations assistant, messenger boy and spokesperson. This is my last post on the subject because this is not about promoting Charlie`s business.

Any enquiries you can contact Charlie via his Thai visa classified ad or I have created a little website for Charlie and you can find him by Googling in: Cheerful Charlie`s Chiang Mai. All updates can be seen on the website.

Edited by sassienie

(1) Charlie asked me to pass on a message from him to Thaivisa. He says thank you for letting this thread stay open so his friends and well wishers can know his new location and where to find him.

I have, (2) not sure how, become Charlie`s unofficial public relations assistant, messenger boy and spokesperson. This is my last post on the subject because this is not about promoting Charlie`s business.

1.. Quote from Thaivisa classified records

Owner

sassienie

Address

Kampaengdin lane 1, Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand

2.. Because you jump in to defend the restaurant. Remember your comment on Piggy's whern they started . Rubbishing it aftetr admitting you'd never been there.

You say Charlie is in poor health and wants to retire, now you're saying he is considering opening longer hours.

I wish Charlie well but please, sassienie, cut out the hypocracy.

The two besy places for fisha nd chips inChiangmai are Charlies and Piggys. I have my preference others have theirs. There is room for both.

I'm pretty sure that Charlie's is in one of those stalls that is usually an outdoor bar or sells fast Thai food (it was not open when I went by). I was looking for a building and couldn't find it. There is a sign out of the road, but it is not huge, so keep your eyes peeled. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

(1) Charlie asked me to pass on a message from him to Thaivisa. He says thank you for letting this thread stay open so his friends and well wishers can know his new location and where to find him.

I have, (2) not sure how, become Charlie`s unofficial public relations assistant, messenger boy and spokesperson. This is my last post on the subject because this is not about promoting Charlie`s business.

Owner

sassienie

Address

2.. Because you jump in to defend the restaurant. Remember your comment on Piggy's whern they started . Rubbishing it aftetr admitting you'd never been there.

You say Charlie is in poor health and wants to retire, now you're saying he is considering opening longer hours.

The two besy places for fisha nd chips inChiangmai are Charlies and Piggys. I have my preference others have theirs. There is room for both.

Not at all sure what you're saying here

but categorically... Sassienie is not Charlie!

David

Owner

sassienie

Address

David

I think it is more a case of your not wanting to understand. It is not my view who sassienie is or is not. I merely quoted from Thaivisa's own classified records which show him ( maybe erroneously ) as the owner.

In the Piggy's thread , he rubbished piggy's without having eaten or visited there. Different strokes for different folks but not good business practice.

I said previouly that I wish Charlie well; what is ridiculous is the hypocracy of his so-called friends.

I just returned from Cheerful Charlie's. I watched the new sign going into place under Charlie's rigorous supervision, and had the usual good meal and conversation.

post-91669-046213800 1278164516_thumb.jp

The proprietor and his trusted assistant, Nan, appeared to be in good spirits in spite of a week spent moving to their new location behind the Night Bazaar.

Edited by anselpixel

I've still never been. I drive down Chang Moi road regularly and haven't seen piggies open for a while either. I'm sure there are expats that enjoy the occasional plate of English-style fish and chips, but to build a whole business around this tiny demand is a bit daft IMO.

Not as daft as you

Thats exactly what the guy who owned the stak house in Loi Khroh did, can't remember the name now "East" something or other), about 4 years ago, sold it as a going concern then re-opened by the river and took all his regulars with him.

The new owners did not last very long I dont think.

Nice way to do business !!!

Another vindictive so called member

Charlie's business is still thriving and is not done yet.

He planned to move to a better location with more parking and better faculties, which he will do next week.

Since the start of this project, Charlie has suffered health problems and although he is still as cheerful as ever and not desperate to sell his business, I think he would prefer to retire and call it a day.

Charlie will continue on as normal in the new premises, but if he can sell the company Charlie will retire and leave it to the new owners.

You know a lot about Charlie but this post is a bit contradictory.

Plans to move to a better location... next week vs not desperate to sell

Charlie will continue on as normal

Sraight question: You say he is moving next week. So will he close that new venture down if he sells the existing business or will he continue in competition and take his regulars with him.

Why dont you ask Charlie

He planned to move to a better location with more parking and better faculties, which he will do next week.

Since the start of this project, Charlie has suffered health problems and although he is still as cheerful as ever and not desperate to sell his business, I think he would prefer to retire and call it a day.

Charlie will continue on as normal in the new premises, but if he can sell the company Charlie will retire and leave it to the new owners.

You know a lot about Charlie but this post is a bit contradictory.

Plans to move to a better location... next week vs not desperate to sell

Charlie will continue on as normal

Sraight question: You say he is moving next week. So will he close that new venture down if he sells the existing business or will he continue in competition and take his regulars with him.

Why dont you ask Charlie

Thats exactly what the guy who owned the stak house in Loi Khroh did, can't remember the name now "East" something or other), about 4 years ago, sold it as a going concern then re-opened by the river and took all his regulars with him.

The new owners did not last very long I dont think.

Nice way to do business !!!

Another vindictive so called member

I've still never been. I drive down Chang Moi road regularly and haven't seen piggies open for a while either. I'm sure there are expats that enjoy the occasional plate of English-style fish and chips, but to build a whole business around this tiny demand is a bit daft IMO.

Not as daft as you

Belittle-Flame_Thrower.jpg

Owner

sassienie

Address

David

Hi David

At least you know me and your wife and beautiful baby. Don`t think I’m all that mysterious. Probably meet you again at the Wang Tung or maybe at Howard`s? Not aware of any place where it says I am the owner of Charlie’s or have shares in the place, but Sassienie`s fish and chips restaurant does have a nice ring to it, although I find boiling an egg complicated. I created a freebie web site on a freebie host site for Charlie. That`s what I do, my profession was before I retired was IT, printing and commercial artist. I make websites free for family and friends only, as a pass time.

Last night I visited Charlie’s new restaurant in the peeing rain (For the first time believe or not believe), went with Delboy and Dave. Arrived just as they were putting the final touches on his sign. Thought the new layout was very impressive, (dare I say) nice food, nice Charlie, beautiful lady staff and I was with nice friends. We went on to the Friendly bar in Loi Kroh road, probably serves the best coffee in Chiang Mai, owned by Richard. I don`t own that place either. Later I went on for a special massage at another place I don’t own. Finished the night by driving in the peeing rain back to my house, in which I do own, or maybe not under the laws of Thailand.

Edited by sassienie

Not as daft as you

Blimey, this is scary stuff. Really, this looks like a death threat.

I`m going to call it a day with Thaivisa, this is way over the top.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Not as daft as you

I think if it were over the top, the 'X' would have been lower.

Just a point of suggestion.

When one is a newbie, it would be considered by most prudent, to be a little more polite when posting. Generally the poster will have a longer forum life. Express your opinions but do so in a more mannerly, thoughtful, and polite fashion.

I offer this solely as a suggestion to all newbies. Unless you might be what may be called a TV christian....... i e. "Born Again"

g

and can we see some more pictures of the new layout of Charlies??? Best of luck with the new place Charlie.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Thriving ? :whistling:

I dont think any business in Chiang Mai can be considered thriving I have eaten at Charlies and never seen more than 1 other person in there when I was in there that cant be considered thriving.

As everyone knows its dead as a Do Do in Chiang Mai and I don't think there is enough biz for anyone to have a thriving business, while Charlie may have the name once he is gone so is the name so you might as well just start your won Chippie and take the loss rather than buy someone elses name.

If I was considering buying I would sit there for a month and really see just how thriving his business really is, I doubt it takes 1500 baht a day if that on average

1500 baht a day::o . That's more than most bars are doing for a week.:lol: Quick better buy it before someone beats you to it.

I can see your a bit slow so Ill break it down for you

I said on average, that means over a month and if you dont agree the you actually do agree that its not a thriving business as at his prices that is only 7 customers a day

In case you've missed the point, this is all about a bit of free advertising for Charlie ( quite why sassienie is shown as owner on the thaivisa classified site ( already posted above) is a mystery but it keeps the thread going.

Bit like the free water thread really, that was a classic, and with the same clique involved.

Nothing wrong with Charlie's chips; but try Piggy's and Praties ( on Rimping).They give him a good run for his money

Not as daft as you

that was my tongue in cheek post on Flaming if you didnt get it :D

I offer this solely as a suggestion to all newbies. Unless you might be what may be called a TV christian....... i e. "Born Again"

Born Again Trolls are not usually very polite. :lol:

:lol:

Edited by Donnyboy

Just a point of suggestion.

When one is a newbie, it would be considered by most prudent, to be a little more polite when posting. Generally the poster will have a longer forum life. Express your opinions but do so in a more mannerly, thoughtful, and polite fashion.

g

and can we see some more pictures of the new layout of Charlies??? Best of luck with the new place Charlie.

Not the best photo, but this gives you some idea.

I couldn't agree more with you advice to newbies, and I am one.

post-91669-025737900 1278214227_thumb.jp

In case you've missed the point, this is all about a bit of free advertising for Charlie ( quite why sassienie is shown as owner on the thaivisa classified site ( already posted above) is a mystery but it keeps the thread going.

Bit like the free water thread really, that was a classic, and with the same clique involved.

Nothing wrong with Charlie's chips; but try Piggy's and Praties ( on Rimping).They give him a good run for his money

What's wrong with free advertising? How does it affect you?

There was no Clique involved with the Free Water thread. It kept going because it was humorous and because the tight-<deleted> of Chiang Mai were outraged at the idea of paying for water in a pub. Look at it again. 

Is Praties  the other Fish & Chip shop that is advertised on TV as 'For Sale'? If so, then the choice of  'giving him a run for his money' is a bit ironic, don't you think? Or maybe you put that in there so as to high-light that your favourite (Piggy's) is the only F&C shop that isn't for sale.

For someone that has a bee in his bonnet about free advertising you do mention Piggy's quite a lot.  Personally, as Trink would say, ' I don't give a hoot'.