Indian Father Killed In Tragic Pattaya Jetski Accident

Rimmer

Indian Father Killed in Tragic Pattaya Jetski Accident

PATTAYA: -- An Indian father has been killed in a devastating Jetski accident off Pattaya Beach on Thursday. The man, riding in the Pattaya Bay with his 14-year-old daughter, died after a collision with another Jetski. The young girl is currently in a critical condition in hospital.

Pattaya, the 24th of June 2010 [PDN]: At approximately 7:00pm on Thursday, Lieutenant Colonel Preecha Sumrit (Pattaya Police Investigator) was notified of a Jetski accident involving three foreigners across from the Royal Garden Plaza in Pattaya Bay. An investigative team was immediately despatched to the incident whilst the Pattaya Memorial Hospital’s emergency response team was also called to assist.

Two of the involved tourists, Mr. Uma Dhar Kesarwani [46] and his daughter Miss Sakshi Kesarwani [14] had already been transported to the hospital in a critical condition upon police arrival. Officers were later informed that Mr. Kesarwani had died of his injuries whilst enroute to the hospital. Emergency Response personnel later revealed that Mr. Kesarwani had suffered a broken neck and left leg in the accident. His daughter was in a critical but stable condition at Pattaya Memorial Hospital suffering from a dislocated hip and broken jaw.

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-06-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

RIP, sad news

Riding a jet ski at night!!! A spinal injury in Thailand is the last injury; you would want given the care the emergency workers take.

Edited by waza

A very sad tragic accident. Where did the owner and the driver of the jet-ski that caused the accident run off to? Did the owner only own the one jet-ski? I guess it's lucky someone had a picture of the man. But jet-skis at night seems very foolish. No running lights or head lights? Who's going to end up paying for this mess? The poor family that lost their father?

The report suggests that they rented the Jet Ski at 5pm and the Police officer was called at 7pm.

The photo of the unknown renter was clearly taken at night (close to 7pm).

The report suggesting they rented the Jet Ski at 5pm seems quite inaccurate and is perhaps an attempt by the owner to protect themselves for having broken a law and renting the jet ski out after a certain time.

That's my guess - Is there any such law that states the jetski's cannot be rented out after a certain time (i.e. 18:00 hrs) ?

Tragic events, but taking a jet ski out in the dark is like riding a motorbike around country roads without lights...

I know many people love jet ski's,especially the young,but are they any different to fast sporty cars,where at least you have to have had a test and learn how to drive.They are dangerous and lethal as many have found out.Sorry for this father and daughter.

True! But with all water craft, there are no BRAKES...

and showing the mans body at the end of the video, picking up his head as to make him nod, with visable laughing in the background is just plain sick !

agree.. that is disgusting and irresponsible.. shame on Pattaya Daily News for uploading this to Youtube where his family and friends along with whole world can view it..

they should take it down immediately..

UPDATE

Indian Tourist dies following Jet Ski collision off Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday Evening Pattaya Police received word of a fatal Jet Ski Accident which had occurred in the waters off Pattaya Beach, involving two Jet Ski’s and three foreign tourists. A team of first responder paramedics and nurses rushed to the scene and assisted an Indian man and his 14 year old daughter who had been rescued from the water and taken to shore along with their damaged Yellow and White Jet Ski. Driving the Jet Ski was Mr. Uma Dhar Kesarnani aged 46 and his daughter was riding as passenger. According to witnesses, it was already dark and the Jet Ski was seen to collide with a Red and Black Jet Ski which was being driven by a Middle-Eastern Tourist who fled the scene following the crash

More on this sad story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One

2010-06-25

footer_n.gif

Hopefully after this the mayor of pattaya will ban jet skis after 6pm

Fine sentiment but Mr (and I use that term in it's loosest form) Mayor (similar) will do nothing to disturb the money making of his funding fathers.

High time Pattaya had a real man with cojones as Mayor.

<edit :typo>

Edited by PhilHarries

I was there when they loaded Mr. Uma Dhar Kesarwani into the ambulance. I had a good vantage point to see through the side window. The condition of the injured man seemed he was just sleeping. No dirt, sand or water. No blood but just a peacful look on his face.

I thought it could not have been a jet ski accident as no water on the man. HE MUST HAVE BROKE HIS NECK AND CONTINUED TO STAY ON THE JET SKI.

RIP

Edited by threelegcowboy

Hopefully after this the mayor of pattaya will ban jet skis after 6pm

I hope they are banned altogether. They are dangerous, noisy and annoying. In this case tragically fatal. In many countries you need a licence to drive one - France for instance.

They are banned in all inland waterways in Scotland - no insurance company will take the risk - something Thailand and many other countries have no conception of.

Not one year goes by without someone getting killed on these lethal machines. The name itself tells it all "it goes like a jet" and its like being on skis....."WITH NO BRAKES"

Along with the tragedy unfolding in Koh Samui....another sad day in the Land of Smiles.

The report suggesting they rented the Jet Ski at 5pm seems quite inaccurate

Based on what?

... is perhaps an attempt by the owner to protect themselves for having broken a law
Is there any such law that states the jetski's cannot be rented out after a certain time (i.e. 18:00 hrs) ?

Apparently with nothing to go by you've decided the time shown is inaccurate, that a law was broken even though you don't know if the law exists and that some evil Thai Jet Ski owner is responsible for what happened.

Reckless speculation based on nothing more than typical Thai bashing. No matter what happens, guilty until proven otherwise and even then guilty because no proof would ever suffice.

That's my guess -

The preventable deaths of tourists has always been an extension of the lamentable lack of basic health and safety law enforcement in many sectors of the tourism industry.

Expect to see more of the same in the future. Just today, we had the collision of 2 tourist Ko Pha-Ngan - Ko Samui speedboats.

Some people might say, "We are foreigners and this is the Thai way. We cannot change it. Only the Thais can change the Thai way."

RIP, sad news

Riding a jet ski at night!!!

I wouldn't call it night. The report says approximately 7pm. The sun set at exactly 6:45 on June 24. There could have been plenty of light still and they may have been in the closing minutes of their ride. Accidents can and do happen at any time. There's no need to jump to conclusions.

Edited by tropo