Ninja 250 (& Other Larger Bikes)

Briggsy

I popped into the Kawasaki showroom in Pattaya today and asked the on-the-road price of the Ninja 250. I received a small slip of paper which reads as follows:-

Motorbike 147,500

Register 2,900

1 Class Insurance 17,200

Accessories

Total 167,600

I asked if the first class insurance was a legal requirement or an option, knowing full well it was an option. The sales officer confirmed it was optional.

Therefore, in theory, can you still ride out of a Kawasaki showroom on a Ninja 250 for 150,400?

What other insurance options are there?

Who here, who has bought a Ninja, plumped for the first class insurance that Kawasaki offer?

Dunno if it's a Chonburi thing or a Kawasaki Mityon thing but the registration fee is WAY higher than in Bangkok where it's about 700 Baht...

dam_n it was a long time ago since I bought my 250R but I seem to recall that the 1st class insurance wasn't that expensive...

Kawasaki is not an insurance company but as a service to their customers they'll help you sign up for insurance if you want it. You're certainly under no obligation to purchase the plan they offer at Kawasaki Mityon- there are plenty of other insurance companies you can choose from and probably get a better rate. I've used Siam City and Falcon for bike insurance and... can't remember the name of the other company...

Ride On!

Tony

Thanks for the reply and experiences.

I suspected the insurance was on the expensive side.

"Registration" on the slip must include compulsory por ror bor insurance, vehicle tax and cost of plate at least. Even for a CBR 150, that's 1000 + 450 = 1450. So 2,900 doesn't sound too wrong.

So, 150,400 and the bike's mine - am I right?