Transfering A Scooter Into A Thai Name

Spoonman

Im sure this has been done to death and I did try and search but, yeah way too many threads to trawl through.

I need to do this tomorrow, as Im flying out Thursday morning on a 2 month business trip

Scooter (2008 Click) is registered in my name Albeit unregistered since October last year, I want to transfer it to my girlfriends name, was actually her 21st B/Day pressie 2 yrs ago but meh.... TIT.

What Docs are needed, please add any I've missed.

1. work permit + copies of relevant pages

2. Passport + copies of relevant pages

3.. Green Book .

4. Missus ID Card + Copy.

5. ???

6. ???

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by Spoonman

Hi,

you'll need the transfer docs, & a copy of yr missus Tabien Baan.

Possibly proof of your address in Thailand, (Tabien Baan or document from immigration)

Tabien Baan as in house book, that aint gunna happen, hers 650km's away, work permit should cover the need for me.

What a pisser, do i leave it unregistered or do I re-register in my name than transfer when I get back.... AGHHHHHHHHH finding time to go to the LTD is a bastard !!!!

Thanks guys/Gals.

EDIT: My house here in Pattaya is rented in mine and the missus's name (We are both on the lease), also her "home" address" address is on her ID card, Im guessing this will not suffice ??

Edited by Spoonman

what do you mean unregistered if you mean the yearly tax renewal. if so just get the girlfriend to go to the local insurance office and they will sort it all out for a 100-150b over the tax cost. which is 100b per year and government yearly insurance which is no more than 600 then i think a small fine 45b for late payment.

Edited by thaicbr

In Australia its called registration,Hence I call the road tax thingo registration.........

Where do I find the local insurance office in Pattaya ??

Its a bit late now (!) but you can either go to anywhere that sells motor bike insurance (any m/c shop will point you in the right direction or do it for you) and as its only two years old they can do the tax for you too for the small fee mentioned above, or you (or GF/anyone else) can go to the Land Transport Office near ISR and pay the insurance there (agents outside and in) and then pay the tax.

If you have done your side of the paperwork to transfer it to her she can get a copy of her house papers faxed/e-mailed to her and do the transfer at her leisure, without you, as long as your papers are valid (in date).