800 000 Baht Prove Of Income

Wen I read the immigration rules correct you must have 800 000 baht in an Thai bancaccount 3 months before you apply for your extentsion to stay.

However if I read and understand the rules corect again

Wen you have a mixture of income and money in the bank to have the 800 000 baht annual income you only have to prove total ammount at the day of application.

In other words if you prove an income of 400.000 Baht, the 400.000 Baht in your bank acccount must only be there on the date of application and not 3 months prior to that.

Is my reading and understanding of this rule correct or not.

That is the correct interpretation, when using the combined method no seasoning of money is required.

I wonder if this is still correct if there is only a small amount of income e.g. 50,000 income and 750,000 cash in bank?

I have been asking that same question for years (with no real answer)! Technically, based on the national rule, it should be the same, as there is no specification about ratio of income to banked money mentioned in the rule. However, I don't recall any actual reports of people trying this with a very small income part, and of course, reaction may vary between offices/officers.

It would be great if we could get this answer definitively sorted out, as some people using the banked money only method are going to have some issues with the 3 month seasoning rule from time to time, for a variety of mostly legitimate reasons. Many of these same people also have some kind of income, such as dividends/interest, etc, which could be used on an embassy letter.

Edited by Jingthing

when using the combined method no seasoning of money is required.

I've seen many posts that say one must wait until day 60+ of a 90 day Non Imm 'O' visa to apply for a one year extension. Obviously if the combined method is NOT used then one has to wait until the money is in the bank account for 60 days. But I've yet to find a post that addressed using the combined method with the conventional wisdom of 60+ days. I can't find anything on thai government websites that says when a Non Imm 'O' can be extended, except for saying how long the 800k has to be in the bank.

when using the combined method no seasoning of money is required.

I've seen many posts that say one must wait until day 60+ of a 90 day Non Imm 'O' visa to apply for a one year extension. Obviously if the combined method is NOT used then one has to wait until the money is in the bank account for 60 days. But I've yet to find a post that addressed using the combined method with the conventional wisdom of 60+ days. I can't find anything on thai government websites that says when a Non Imm 'O' can be extended, except for saying how long the 800k has to be in the bank.

Usually within the final 30 days of your permision to stay.

It has nothing to do with money. Most immigration offices want to see you with less then 30 days remaining for any one year extension of stay by office policy and doing earlier would be in a case by case basis only for valid reasons. Pattaya has been one of few exceptions that allowed more time but it now seems to be down to 2 months or less there recently.