Mobile Motorcycle Mechanic In Bkk?

Kf6vci

I need a guy to come out with a few tools, bring a part and put it in. The local shop claims their mechanics are all busy. As if the unsold stock of big bikes was not worrisome, depressing used bike prices dramatically. (Shop around and be surprised - lots of folks cannot sell their bikes for as much as they would like).

Would happily pay 500 or whatever extra.

Would you ask a car garage for basic repairs, too?

Or would you ask a small bike shop?

Ride on!

Chris

Hi chris,

Depending on the problem really but if really small matter I would ask a small bike shop. I have a small bike shop where i live nearby, doing some basic work on my Vmax in the past(watched when he did the work) and it went well. Obviously it really depends how honest the guy is...my nearby small bike shop is, as he would also tell me when he is not capable to do something which is fair enough.

What exactly is the problem and what bike is the problem on?

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Would be helpful if you told us your location and what needs to be done... :rolleyes:

Sorry, the Africa Twin is here: www.pgp.co.th with a dead battery and there are some other small things a mechanic could address.

I'm in CNX now, so this will have to wait (not sure my wife would like to deal with this as she resents me having too many bikes)

Chris

Would be helpful if you told us your location and what needs to be done... :rolleyes:

Sorry, the Africa Twin is here: www.pgp.co.th with a dead battery and there are some other small things a mechanic could address.

I'm in CNX now, so this will have to wait (not sure my wife would like to deal with this as she resents me having too many bikes)

Chris

<deleted> you tell us your bike is at a webpage? Open the webpage and you get three addresses in different parts of Bangkok. And you need a mechanic to change a dead battery?! Pardon my French but <deleted>? :crazy:

Chris

<deleted> you tell us your bike is at a webpage? Open the webpage and you get three addresses in different parts of Bangkok. And you need a mechanic to change a dead battery?! Pardon my French but <deleted>? :crazy:

Tony ,

Maybe he uploaded the african twin on pgp's Server :rolleyes: :blink:But seriously there are a few addresses to be found on this site....and only if you look a bit around on a property development website that wasn't able to make an english version you'll find it.

I am no mechanic but i can exchange and charge a dead battery myself...

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Mobile mechanic huh? Sounds like an untapped market to me. Anyone want to start up a new business?

LOL- I seem to recall once upon a time when you could have used a mobile mechanic, but fortunately here in Thailand you're often not far away from some little mechanic's shack and as with your case it's pretty impressive how much these Thai guys can fix with their very basic tools. FWIW Tiger Motorcycles has quite an impressive "Mobile Mechanic" service where they will come to your home to repair just about anything if there's not a Tiger service center nearby. I was pretty impressed with their service when I had an issue with my Tiger Retro.

Khun Boy at Chicane will come pick up a bike for 1000 Baht if you're unable to ride it to his shop. I'm sure there are other mechanics who offer similar service.

Happy Trails!

Tony