Independence Day 4Th July

lanky

The VFW and the U.S. Consulate are holding their annual 4th of July celebration. It is at Chang Mai Municipal Stadium off of Chang Puak road.

Click here for a map.

Ticket prices in select locations in Chiang Mai are:

In Advance

Adults (+12) 300 baht

Kids (6-12) 200 baht

Kids (-6) Free

At the door tickets go up 50 baht more.

Main Attractions

All you can eat BBQ cooked by The Dukes Restauarnt.

Amazing sponsors offering thousands of dollars in raffle prizes.

Games, music, and fun for the entire family!

Over 1000 tickets sold already! This is probably the largest foreign celebration in Chiang Mai this year. Don't miss it!

For more information click here

Edited by richard10365

The official poster says "6 AND Under are Free!

But in other postings it stated "Kids 6-12 are 200 Baht"

My daughter is six and she really wants to know . . which is correct?

By the way, I asked the staff at Dukes and they did not know.

Edited by NaiGreg

Your 6 year old will be able to get in for free, it should have read ages 7 through 12 are 200 baht pre-purchased or 250 baht at the gate. This event is open to all nationalities please remember to bring your passport and if you are Thai please bring your Thai ID. Children of school age will need their school ID, younger children 6 and under will be able to enter on their parents ID.

lanky.

re .... i am curious to know what celebrations on the 4th of july of american indepence day is happening in chiangmai

here ya go .... the flyer for the us embasies chiang mai fourth of july celebrations 2010

enjoy .... dave2

post-42592-083504500 1278118576_thumb.jp

Your 6 year old will be able to get in for free, it should have read ages 7 through 12 are 200 baht pre-purchased or 250 baht at the gate. This event is open to all nationalities please remember to bring your passport and if you are Thai please bring your Thai ID. Children of school age will need their school ID, younger children 6 and under will be able to enter on their parents ID.

My apoligies.....6 and under (according to the poster) is free.

Should be a good day of social fun, eating and drinking, etc. David, at Dukes must have a real large set up to slow cook the pork ribs required, just for the 1000 tickets already sold. 1000+_ pounds and then you have the tickets sold at the gate. All you can eat, will increase the requirement a bit when the women folk hit the trough. The ribs that will be consumed will require a good number of porkers, depending on size of course. 20 lbs/pig of ribs, is apt to short the rib availability for a day or so. Good luck and good eating.

Open to all nationalities - passport required.

Just wondering, why is a passport required?

In the flyer post about the party it says..non Thai citizens must show a COPY of their passport....so which is it....???...chorizo....

Proper ID is required to access the venue. If you are a foreigner and don't have a passport, you cannot go. Thai people need an ID card to go.

In the flyer post about the party it says..non Thai citizens must show a COPY of their passport....so which is it....???...chorizo....

Follow the information on the flyer

Seriously, last year I missed out on the last dam_n Dr. Pepper to a freaking non-American when they were sent here FOR the Americans.

Unless Thai spouses, I really fail to see the attraction for non-Yanks. Surely would be akin to having teeth pulled.

Seriously, last year I missed out on the last dam_n Dr. Pepper to a freaking non-American when they were sent here FOR the Americans.

Unless Thai spouses, I really fail to see the attraction for non-Yanks. Surely would be akin to having teeth pulled.

Maybe people just want to have a nice time, see friends, eat, etc.

Bush has been gone for more than a year now. Get over it...

Are you joking?

All the Duke's BBQ you can eat for 300 baht and (some) free deserts from Butter is Better. The place will be swamped with frugal gourmets and big eaters of every nationality. Venturalaw flew back from far, far away just to have an excuse to ruin his diet. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

Please! Don't go jackr.... I'm sure you will only find things to complain about.

MSPain

having teeth pulled while under the influence of nitrous oxide maybe?? The Yanks can fairly decent people to like minded people.

When is the 4th July this year?

and why, when Americans always incorrectly put the month first, isn't it July 4th instead of 4th of July?

David

Somewhat off topic????

Topic is: Independence day 4Th july

I'd say i was 100% on topic!

Which part of my post isn't about 4th July? The subject in every sentence is 4th July!

David

Edited by DavidOxon