Cheat

suiging

Now many have claimed the hand that denied Ghana a place in the semis was instinctive.

But now the cheating $%^^%^&& who did it, is claiming he has the " Hand of God " and practises in goal during training and has pulled off the best save in the competition.

This is a disgrace. FIFA must sanction this man or forever keep quiet on any further " moral " issue.

It's not the first and won't be the last time that a field player handles the ball on the goal line.

Nobody would talk about it if Ghana would have converted the penalty.

But most would have walked away with an ironic smile maybe, not crowing in the press claiming divinity and rubbing the noses in the %^*^ of a team who played with notable dignity.

I do not think FIFA should say anything as the player ( Luis Suarez ) already got his punishment.

He did not cheat but he commited an infraction. The player is paying for his infraction as he was sent out during the match and moreover he will miss the next 1 or 2 matches. That's enough

Maradona did cheat when he scored the MANO DE DIOS goal in 1986 as the referee did not see it and he got no punishment.

It's not the first and won't be the last time that a field player handles the ball on the goal line.

But most would have walked away with an ironic smile maybe, not crowing in the press claiming divinity and rubbing the noses in the %^*^ of a team who played with notable dignity.

Agree with you that he is a <deleted> - but if you want to ban or sanction every football player because of stupid post game interviews you really have a mountain to climb.

what goes around comes around suiging!

with any luck in the next round the dutch will see that justice is served, but that doesnt mean to say that there isnt a serious problem in the game that needs to be stamped out when the issue of cheating arises. unfortunately while the likes of blatter and co still have a strangle hold on what goes on in the game, i wouldnt hold out much hope on seeing things changing in the near future.

Edited by tigerfish

Well, that hand save DID show a reason to ALWAYS use any means possible to stop a sure goal. It wouldn't have made any difference had the Ghana player scored, but as it turned out, a game winning goal was taken away from Ghana. However, those are the strange rules of soccer. I do believe that the soccer federation should join the modern world and use instant replay. After all, it IS available. Why settle a game on an obvious miss-call? No referee can see everything perfectly. And, the weak excuse that it takes too long to review the play is pure bunkum. There are so many delays in a soccer game that a few more seconds wouldn't make any difference at all.

As far as the player yacking about it later then that is just poor sportsmanship. The guy should keep his mouth shut.

I do not think FIFA should say anything as the player ( Luis Suarez ) already got his punishment.

He did not cheat but he commited an infraction. The player is paying for his infraction as he was sent out during the match and moreover he will miss the next 1 or 2 matches. That's enough

Maradona did cheat when he scored the MANO DE DIOS goal in 1986 as the referee did not see it and he got no punishment.

Sorry mate can't agree. If the hand was " Instinctive", yes an Infringement which he has been punished. But the deliberate hand of God and the crowing, is more than that and goes to the heart of the game and the moral standing that the game wishes to take and set up as an example to follow for the worlds youth. The WC is watched by starry eyed kids the world over, who now think when they go out to play a game with their mates , anything goes as long as they win...............Sad and sorry world if that is the message we accept from " The World Game ".

Sorry mate can't agree. If the hand was " Instinctive", yes an Infringement which he has been punished. But the deliberate hand of God and the crowing, is more than that and goes to the heart of the game and the moral standing that the game wishes to take and set up as an example to follow for the worlds youth. The WC is watched by starry eyed kids the world over, who now think when they go out to play a game with their mates , anything goes as long as they win...............Sad and sorry world if that is the message we accept from " The World Game ".

I agree with you that it is not the moral standing that the game wishes to take but do you really think that a player after having played for 120 mins does really care about giving an example to the world youth??? He is thinking about giving his team ( country ) a last oportunity to win the match as that his job.

Will we be talking about this infraction, if the save was in the first half and not in the last minute of the match???

I agree with you that it is not the moral standing that the game wishes to take but do you really think that a player after having played for 120 mins does really care about giving an example to the world youth??? He is thinking about giving his team ( country ) a last oportunity to win the match as that his job.

Will we be talking about this infraction, if the save was in the first half and not in the last minute of the match???

Mate if this player is given an appropriate sanction now, in the future, yes a player may just think before he does similar again.

With respect Suiging, but the word "Cheat" is not exactly the correct word in this case.

I don't think Suarez was cheating since the word cheating is meant in a kind of sneaky way.

Of course, after 120 minutes in such an absolute crazy situation in front of the goal and where the ball was kicked around in many directions and touched by so many players from both sides, I don't think ANY player would have thought more than a fraction of a millionth of a second WHAT to do next.

You just move that bloody ball out of the goal with every part of your body, available; in his case his hands.:o

It's a reflex, born out of the deepest feelings of a(ny) football player, meaning: "I have to STOP that ball...no matter what" There is NO TIME to think..just a reflex.

OF COURSE it's wrong and OF COURSE he was correctly given the red card :redcard1: and he should have thought a little more before expressing his words but..ala...these guys are South American football "animals" (with respect), busy with football 24/7.

I think he's been punished correctly but maybe 2 matches non-play would have been better, instead just one.

That Ghana lost because of his action is one of the saddest and most dramatic moments during the entire World Cup, so far, but doesn't drama and happiness go hand-in-hand during such a tournament?

But, Ghana should have passed onto the last 4....sadly they didn't.

It's up to Holland now to win over Uruguay because if they wouldn't the drama would be even greater....and Uruguay would end up in the FINAL...that can't be :whistling:

....NOT in AFRICA !!! :ermm:

LaoPo

Now there are things in sport that are blatant cheating and this is as extreme a case of that as you can get ... he has ruined a game of football by getting a team through that would have otherwise lost thus bringing the game into disrupute, he should get banned for far longer then 2 games to give out a warning.

• Like 1

I think if Suarez is considered a cheat then it applies to practically every player in the World Cup. Given the circumstances I think every player would have done the same.

Had Ghana scored from the penalty I feel this would have been a non issue. :huh:

I think if Suarez is considered a cheat then it applies to practically every player in the World Cup. Given the circumstances I think every player would have done the same.

Had Ghana scored from the penalty I feel this would have been a non issue. :huh:

Exactly Salty. A French mate of mine is trying to compare it to the Thierry Henry handball. Not the same.

Well, that hand save DID show a reason to ALWAYS use any means possible to stop a sure goal. It wouldn't have made any difference had the Ghana player scored, but as it turned out, a game winning goal was taken away from Ghana. However, those are the strange rules of soccer. I do believe that the soccer federation should join the modern world and use instant replay.

@IanForbes. This would not have changed the outcome. It was a handball and a sending off. The referee was completely correct. What else can he do? As was stated by others. Had the Ghanan player scored then we wouldn't be having the conversation.

IMHO there is a general feeling of indiference towards sportsmanship in professionable football. Putting aside the poxy gesture of kicking the ball out of play (they even do that when Robben launches into the most ridiculous dive) there is almost an institutionalised agenda of attempting to cheat/con the referee at every occasion. People are far to harsh with the referee's. How can they be expected not to make mistakes when these cynical "sportsmen" are persistently trying to con them?

Exactly salty..................The majority of them are.

yep, i think anyone who says that they wouldn't have done exactly the same as suarez did is either lying or a fool.

IMHO there is a general feeling of indiference towards sportsmanship in professionable football. Putting aside the poxy gesture of kicking the ball out of play (they even do that when Robben launches into the most ridiculous dive) there is almost an institutionalised agenda of attempting to cheat/con the referee at every occasion. People are far to harsh with the referee's. How can they be expected not to make mistakes when these cynical "sportsmen" are persistently trying to con them?

it's always been a part of the game. and the likes of the fa, uefa and fifa have had decades to encourage ex-players to become professional referees, ex-players who are used to seeing gamesmanship from the inside, and not done it. it's the age-old thing about referees knowing the rules but not the game.

there is almost an institutionalised agenda of attempting to cheat/con the referee at every occasion. People are far to harsh with the referee's. How can they be expected not to make mistakes when these cynical "sportsmen" are persistently trying to con them?

Totally agree. Video evidence would be a detterant and actually assist the ref.

Always thought football should have a citing commission ala rugby. Using TV/Video evidence infringements missed by the ref which are of an appropriate level of cynicism or viciousness can be brought to book. It would cut a lot of the shi556E out.

yep, i think anyone who says that they wouldn't have done exactly the same as suarez did is either lying or a fool.

I guess I m a liar or a fool then

Edited by jbrewer