Multiple-Entry Non Immigrant '0' Visa

It is sure with 100k in bank at KL. In Penang they may want to see 400k in bank although several reports of less being accepted using agent. Penang does not have enough reporting lately to be sure.

• 4 weeks later...

just got a non immigrant O multi in penang .

no more visa service at NJ BOOKS . they charge you 20 ringitts for taxi services. that's all they do now . you must apply yourself .

apply a 10am at consulate ( lot of people) . get the visa next day 2 pm . no problem .

550r

pension statement from my embassy ( over 40000b / month)

residence certificate from my embassy

copy :thai wife ID card( signed)

thai marriage certificate

farang family book

thai bank book pages for the last 12 months ( showing regular transfert from abroad)

farang passport

With that paperwork why not just obtain one year extensions of stay from Immigration? You will likely require less paperwork than now and not have to make any trips out of the country and it only cost 1,900 baht per year.

I got a NON O based on marriage in penang, 4 weeks ago, with only 56000 in the bank, I used an agent.

he charged me 70 ringet, okay maybe to much but he got me a non O so I was happy.

With that paperwork why not just obtain one year extensions of stay from Immigration? You will likely require less paperwork than now and not have to make any trips out of the country and it only cost 1,900 baht per year.

yes i know. i will save money . maybe next year.

info : for the last 12 years i got

non immigrant O single .2 in phnom penh

1 in penang

3 in paris

non immigrant O double 1 in kota bahru

non immigrant O multi 2 in penang

5 in paris

non immigrant B multi 2 in paris

and all with the same paperwork?????????

• 2 weeks later...

I'm married to a Thai and we've got a Thai-Dutch baby. I'd like to stay in Thailand permanently. I'm thinking about applying for a multiple non-o in The Netherlands. Is it possible to get an extension at immigration in Thailand after having used the 2nd or 3rd entry of a multiple non-o from The Netherlands?

I don't think I'll be able to arrange the financial matters, 400k in a bank account in my name, during the first 3 months in Thailand yet. We usually bring our savings to a teacher savings account, can such an account be used for the extension? Or does it have to be a 'well-known' bank like Krung Thai or Bangkok Bank?

How can I open an account, do I need a letter from the Embassy or anything else stating I live in Thailand or such?

What about permanent residence, is that possible with a low salary from a government school in Isan and 3 years of consecutive non-o visas?

a. You can extend during the last 30 days of any entry.

b. The account should be in your name and located at a commercial bank in Thailand and be a cash type account (passbook savings is normal). If using a fixed deposit account they may want to see how you pay for current expenses so a second account might be asked for.

c. You might need a letter from Embassy for address but requirements vary from branch to branch and customer to customer. Most people have no problem opening without much more than money if they are willing to try a few places.

d. Although being married and having children will be a positive factor currently PR has not been approved for anyone that we know of for a few years now. Hopefully that dry spell will soon end but it means there is no guarantee.

Thanks a lot for the useful information.

Reg B) That means I can't use the 400k for saving (as a matter of fact they constitute my savings). Well perhaps for the other 9 months a year I can store it on a savings account, can't I?

Reg d) You mean there's no one getting PR at the moment? Is it possible at all with a minimal teaching salary (not the 80.000+ that I saw mentioned in the PR topic) or no job? Anyway for me that's not something I can apply for any soon.

The money can be in a fixed deposit account at most locations but currently the interest is not that much as you can always remove that money at any time with only an interest hit. If you can obtain employment at 40k per month that would also work but is likely hard for a new teacher.

As said since the political situation became unstable the PR approval process has stood still but people are still being processed so perhaps the tap will open at some point. Believe commitment to Thailand with language, good deeds and such can overcome income for those with family so would urge you to try. I expect more people lose out by never attempting than from rejection.

I am interested in knowing more about this. Can you tell me more? My one year multiple entry "O" is expiring soon and I thought I would have to go to USA or Perth, Australia to get another one. Are you saying I can go to immigration and get a one year extension??? Is it pretty much a guarantee? I am American, married to an American. Any special regulations or conditions? Thank you!

My quote referred to a person married to a Thai and meeting the financial obligations for extension of stay on that basis. There is no extension of stay available for marriage to an American for an American.

If you are 50 years old there would be retirement extension of stay.

My quote referred to a person married to a Thai and meeting the financial obligations for extension of stay on that basis. There is no extension of stay available for marriage to an American for an American.

If you are 50 years old there would be retirement extension of stay.

Have you read this...

12 month extension to a non-immigrant visa: If you are holding a non-immigrant visa, you have the option of extending this by 12 months based on either retirement (50 years old or over) or support to a Thai citizen, work, education and such. This may only be accomplished at an immigration office inside the Kingdom and certain criteria have to be met. Such extensions consist of a stamp in your passport detailing “issue date” and “permitted to stay until” date.

If so, do you know what is meant by "work, education and such"?

This came from george in the post titled:

Useful Immigration Information & Visa Descriptions Laws, addresses, download forms, Etc

To get an extension of stay, you must qualify under one of the reasons allowing an extension of stay, with each reason having its own criteria.

An extension of stay based on working is possible if you have a work permit and work legally and (as a US citizen) have an income of at least 50,000 baht a month. (The income requirements depends on your nationality, but doesn't apply to teachers, entertainers and members of the media).

The reasons and criteria for an extension of stay can be found here:

http://www.thaivisa....777-2551_en.pdf

• 10 months later...

I would like to know if I can change my second tourist visa entry in one non immigrant o visa(for over 50 years age) when I go to Thai Embassy Phnom Penh after my first tourist visa (60 +30 dd extension) to stay in Thailand expires Thank you Bye

I currently have a 1 year multiple entry non-imm O visa based on supporting my half thai daughter and the visa is going to expire soon. Can someone please help me by letting me know what my options are for renewing/extending it and what supporting documents I would need? I originally applied for it at the Birmingham Consulate where I only needed to supply my daughters birth certificate and no financial documents were required. Can I extend it in Bangkok or do I need to go outside Bangkok to apply for a new one. Thank you

You can extend at Immigration for 12 months if you are the legal parent.

The birth certificate is not enough.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

Immigration requirements.

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

You can also extend for 60 days. Birth Certificate would probably be ok. Financial requirements not needed.

Thank you very much for your reply. As I have not yet got around officially legitimizing my daughter, can I get around this by applying for another visa in a neighbouring country? As for the income do I have to show my salary in a thai bank account? I currently work in the UK so my salary is paid into a UK bank account each month. Thank you

Thank you for the replies. Can I just take my payslips and letter from my employer to the British embassy to get them to write a proof of income letter? I currently don't have 400k bht in the bank, but my pay is over 100k a month, is that ok?

Would I then be able to take the proof of income letter from the british embassy (stating that I earn over 100k per month and have been employed for X number of years) and my daughters birth certificate to a consulate in a neighbouring country/ somewhere in the region and get a multiple entry 1 year non-imm O visa?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Can I get a non immigrant 'O' on the back of my daughters birth certificate that was given at the amphur just after birth?

I also have over 400k in the bank.

Anyone had any success with this?

I am planning to go to Pnom Pehn this week

Cheers

Mac