Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

Just weighed myself and I have lost 9 kgs since I met some of the guys on the 31st Dec.. So happy with my result.

That has to be a good thing.smile.png

Harry , it is grouse mate . I will keep going as I have have a reason too.

kevvy

• Like 1

Just weighed myself and I have lost 9 kgs since I met some of the guys on the 31st Dec.. So happy with my result.

kevvy

So I can eat your Australia Day sausages can I?

I like Santiburi CC - my favorite golf course in Thailand.

Like the Le Meridien Chiang Mai, and especially Favola restaurant (yes pricey but I have the Starwood discount card for Thai residents).

Like the easy drive to Mae Sai & quick over the border and back when I need a 90 day passport stamp.

Like the people here too.

• Like 1

I like Santiburi CC - my favorite golf course in Thailand.

Like the Le Meridien Chiang Mai, and especially Favola restaurant (yes pricey but I have the Starwood discount card for Thai residents).

Like the easy drive to Mae Sai & quick over the border and back when I need a 90 day passport stamp.

Like the people here too.

These are very good things....but Le Meridien ChiangMai is further than you need to go for good things.

My older neice just got accepted into a course I would like to do myself at University of Phayao. A few weeks ago my younger niece got accepted into the English Program at Tessabahn6

This has to be good news. The stress and strain being released shows instantly. I thought Australia with year 12 was bad but when a kid can get a3.8 GPA at primary school 6 but has a problem because in primary 3 she only got a 2.2 for Mathematics it goes much further.

Well at least that is over for a while.

Warning to those in Phayao. Both my niece and her girlfriend will be arriving soon....watch outsmile.png

Good to see she will be attending Phayao University, The university is well out of the city of Phayao. It is a town by it self. I hope she enjoys her studies

My older neice just got accepted into a course I would like to do myself at University of Phayao. A few weeks ago my younger niece got accepted into the English Program at Tessabahn6

This has to be good news. The stress and strain being released shows instantly. I thought Australia with year 12 was bad but when a kid can get a3.8 GPA at primary school 6 but has a problem because in primary 3 she only got a 2.2 for Mathematics it goes much further.

Well at least that is over for a while.

Warning to those in Phayao. Both my niece and her girlfriend will be arriving soon....watch outsmile.png

Good to see she will be attending Phayao University, The university is well out of the city of Phayao. It is a town by it self. I hope she enjoys her studies

She is lucky she is doing the same course as her friend from when she has been with all through school. Her friends mum lives in Phayao and is a teacher somewhere in town. She was lucky as Phayo only had very few enrollments in her course on the "good student" and with her maths I thought she would have trouble..

If anyone else is trying to get into Uni they have extended their request for students till march so could help someone.

• Like 1

kevvy

So I can eat your Australia Day sausages can I?

I only have one Harry, you wouldn't take that of a desperate man with a walking stick would you ....dont answer that .

The other day my television died. In the eyes of some that might not seem to be a good thing but I try to look on the positive side. Ends up the sister-in-law inherited a fixer-upper and I was able to go to Sinthanee and buy a new Bravia with all the bells and whistles.

Since there really isn’t any content, I opted not to go for the 4k model. I was really impressed with the improvements since I last bought around six years ago, and the price was better than I expected. So now I can watch movies and my favorite National Geographic programs in HD, on a much more beautiful screen. A very good thing for all concerned.smile.png

Thought I might mention the new one is much thinner and has lost weight compared to the old one.thumbsup.gif

The other day my television died. In the eyes of some that might not seem to be a good thing but I try to look on the positive side. Ends up the sister-in-law inherited a fixer-upper and I was able to go to Sinthanee and buy a new Bravia with all the bells and whistles.

Since there really isnt any content, I opted not to go for the 4k model. I was really impressed with the improvements since I last bought around six years ago, and the price was better than I expected. So now I can watch movies and my favorite National Geographic programs in HD, on a much more beautiful screen. A very good thing for all concerned.smile.png 4k??

Thought I might mention the new one is much thinner and has lost weight compared to the old one.thumbsup.gif

Edited by scorpio1945

Since there really isnt any content, I opted not to go for the 4k model. I was really impressed with the improvements since I last bought around six years ago, and the price was better than I expected. So now I can watch movies and my favorite National Geographic programs in HD, on a much more beautiful screen. A very good thing for all concerned.smile.png 4k??

I was thinking the same thing scorpiocheesy.gif

4k is the newest ultra high definition television format but content is lacking for now. You can Google for more information.

Edited by villagefarang

I am still riding. The trails are great right now and my last ride was 54 km but conditions are not great for landscape photography, so nothing much to post these days.

I am in a bit of a funk due to family issues, as well, so my online activities have been focused elsewhere.

I am still riding. The trails are great right now and my last ride was 54 km but conditions are not great for landscape photography, so nothing much to post these days.
I am in a bit of a funk due to family issues, as well, so my online activities have been focused elsewhere.

Hope things sort out quickly whatever they are,

Hope things sort out quickly whatever they are,

It is all travel and logistics at this point.sad.png

• Like 1

Curved screen

found this on google..

4K.

There are scores of people out there, arguably the majority, who still believe that plugging anything into their newly purchased HD set will automatically make said device HD in quality. Start breaching the topic of 1080i versus 1080p and I promise you these same folks will look at you much in the same way your dog does when it hears a high pitched sound. It's not that these people are stupid; it's just we haven't done our jobs in bringing them along in the conversation, something we have to remedy as we prepare ourselves for the dawn of 4K.

So what is 4K exactly? In a nutshell, 4K is a name given to a particular resolution that is, at a minimum, 4,000 pixels wide, though the widely established and accepted 4K resolution is 4,096 x 2,160. Obviously there are going to be slight variations for not all content has the same horizontal or vertical width, which is why I said 4,000 pixels at a minimum. Believe it or not, 4K's actual resolution is NOT the topic we should be focused on, for much like with HD and 1080p, numbers tend to scare people. Instead we must look at the advantages 4K brings us and why we already have an immediate need for it in our everyday lives.

Make no mistake, 4K is coming and will be upon us sooner rather than later. What's most important is that we recognize its potential and benefits and embrace it versus rally against it, for being something new and different. Will there be other formats beyond 4K? In the consumer space one could argue no, which is all the reason we should need to ensure we get 4K right so that we can enjoy it for the long haul.

I have a Mitsubishi 3d 1080 P projector and I will sell in with my house and will buy the 4 K projector for the new one . bring your popcorn..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the "like" of a post 4 years old DD, just goes to show that there's still good reading in these old threads.

A bit sad when I saw the old gang there all good friends...

Maybe one day they will get over themselves and start drifting back. That would be a good thing. At least one seems to be testing the waters today, wearing different feathers of course.smile.png

Edited by villagefarang

Thanks for the "like" of a post 4 years old DD, just goes to show that there's still good reading in these old threads.

A bit sad when I saw the old gang there all good friends...

Judging from the longevity of this thread and the positiveness of its posts, from the beginning until now, it may keep on going as long as there are folks who can see good things and are willing to share them with others. That's always a good thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There has been bamboo growing in our neighbour's property very close to the boundary. Nurmerous times we have cut bamboo coming onto our home.. With the winds we have had latey the bamboo leaves have been all over our yard. Good news the neighbours cut it down. We helped him.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoe did your meat go sceadu? I tlook god enough for me to come and up and help you.

Cooked this up myself , stuffed zucchini with smoked salmon. As you know I love cooking but no cheese sauces now and all the fat ...

kevvy

post-164407-0-21512400-1394377738_thumb.