Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

37012_1501439943721_1465875382_31354063_

36214_1501447463909_1465875382_31354089_
wai2.gif

Been a LOOOONG time since I have seen anything but pollution in the skies of CR ! I think we are giving CM very strong competition for most polluted airspace.

It is a Very Good Thing that we are not in Xian where it is 512 or Delhi 631.

Ony a moderate 102 here.

Please rain soon.

The small hairdressers on the old airport end of Sanambin Road (think the old Belgian Baker's shop that closed).

On the right approaching the airport; the sign is easily seen.

60 baht for a trim from one of two young ladies.

The small hairdressers on the old airport end of Sanambin Road (think the old Belgian Baker's shop that closed).

On the right approaching the airport; the sign is easily seen.

60 baht for a trim from one of two young ladies.

So you got your hair trimmed twice?

The little Delicatessen behind DaVinci's is selling home made cheese.

It was described to me as blue but while it definitely has blue influences is more of the softer Brie type.

Most edible, I had some melted on a toasted bread roll with a little raw onion and a slice or two of choritzo (from the Swiss deli) last night.

200B+ gets you quite a nice sized round.

• Like 1

I had some of that thinly sliced hard smoked pork the other day.

This is amazing stuff, not only for a snack but it can be used in cooking for anything you put ham or bacon in with twice the flavour.

Brilliant addition to fried rice, especially if you use brown rice like I do.

The brown rice has a lot more flavour than white and needs other strong flavours added to it.

I need a regular supply, anyone seen it around?

• Like 1

This is amazing stuff, not only for a snack but it can be used in cooking for anything you put ham or bacon in with twice the flavour.

The brown rice has a lot more flavour than white and needs other strong flavours added to it.

Haven't seen it thinly sliced but I did see a truck load of pigs and with CR's air quality, they should be well smoked by the end of their trip! biggrin.png

Wife says she gets the dried, smoked, slightly sweet pork at the market between night bazaar and Central. Thinly sliced regular pork at the main market near old clock.
  • Like 1

Nice green (French) beans in the Royal Project shop today.

20B for a big bag of fresh crisp ones.

Plenty there.

Whenever we travel to Chiang Rai we always buy beans and other vegies from the Royal Project shop. They have good quality and good value. Have the esky for the trip home.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a piece of home cured bacon from the deli behind Da Vinci's yesterday, very nicely flavored.

I want to start my own home garden, but I can't find bacon seeds anywhere..!?

I'm sure if you ask around enough and really try, you will find some. Just don't give up on your dream!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Macaroni cheese made with the Da Vinci Deli's blue cheese that they make themselves.

Just a white sauce with a teaspoon of English mustard then add the cheese until you can almost stand the spoon up in it.

Add a few veggies of choice if you're feeling healthy, I just threw a handful of frozen peas into the pasta before I drained it.

• 2 weeks later...