Are You Wary Of Other Farangs?

Beetlejuice

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a condescending bunch on here , I am happy to say that none of the other forums I contribute to are this socialy dissarranged , looking at the photo given as an example , how would you know what he is if he had not been convicted ? How can you possibly size up a person merely by thier looks ? I could relate stories of people I have know in my life who were looked down upon for thier looks , but it would be a waste of time , like one older man who lived in a home without electricity and collected newspapers on a childs 'Red-Wagon' . when he died he left a small fortune to charity and his block of apartment to be used by the homeless .

You are indeed , a very sad represention of humanity .

You seem to be clueless as to the role that "looks" and physical attributes play in the life of a human. Multiple studies have been published that demonstrate that humans do respond to other humans based upon physical appearances. Good looking people have an easier time in life. The fact is is that if the foreigner we come across is goodlooking, chances are we will be more likely to interact. In Thailand, a great many foreigners are unattractive and dress in a manner that accentuates their negative attributes. I can guarantee that if a beautiful foreign woman was on the road shoulder with an evident flat tire, with more foreign males would stop to assist than if the person was a short fat ugly bald man.

You wish to use the example of a social misfit that collected newspapers on a child's red wagon and then left his money to charity. Was it really a sign of mental stability to live as he did? Because money was left to charity, does this somehow make the man a warm, wonderful person worth knowing? The man you cite as an example, probably lived in a filthy home and had poor hygiene. He most likely died alone because he had alienated all of his friends and families. The money left to charity may have been his final way of punishing his family. He made sure that they would get nothing. There is always another side to such a story. Who knows how he amassed the money? Perhaps he made it by stealing lawn ornaments and then selling them in flea markets, or perhaps, when he was younger he stole it. Who knows. Do you? The man was a mental case. Period.

A great many foreign residents in Thailand are mentally ill as well. In some cases, it is the onset of age related dementia. In other cases, there are psychological issues that manifest due to poor lifestyle choices. Some foreigners living in Thailand are waryof other foreigners for fear that they might be outed as crooks or perverts. Cockroaches prefer to remain out of sight. I don't wish to associate with such people. I'm not a social worker, nor does my job description include the provision of psychological health services to the trash of farangland. If you want to hang around with a guy that has cooties and stinks of urine, go for it, but such a person is not some undiscovered noble everyman of story book fame. He remains are stinky urine soaked, flea infested prick, that most likely ran off everyone because of his behaviour. Open a Salvation Army chapel and you can invite all these people around for a rousing hymn sing, tea and biscuits.

Somewhat wary. Mainly because there are so few foreigners here, and the nutcases often tend to think they have a connection with you just because you're both foreign, where as back home the nutcases generally ignore you

I agree with this statement regarding farang’s in Thailand.

In my old life, Pre-LOS, I would give people every chance to show me there a waste of skin before I bail! But in Thailand, new rules!!! I will talk to people I just meet, but it’s all about how I meet them. Thailand! Far too many ex Special Forces and high power business men, (in elastic wasted shorts) looking for investors.

On the issue of judging people on first impressions, IMHO, everyone does, I don’t think it can be avoided, doesn’t mean it’s bad, but we can’t but weigh up new people we meet, it’s human nature, how the hel_l do we form relationships, friendships, likes, dislikes, trust and distrust. For those who live in a non judgmental world…What an unimaginative and sterile existence you must lead!

People saying “I don’t judge others” IMO Haven’t given what they are saying much thought, or attempting to grab the moral high ground!

Edited by Tonto21

I'm, also, very wary of other people when I first meet them, if I meet them at all. I have made some very good friends here, and knew they were good people within 5 minutes. Once they tell me they're from Canada, they're 50% there. Not many, but a couple. I have, also, met some people who I knew were a little fuc_ked-up, but harmless. I agree. There's two things I drilled into my kids' heads. Trust no one, and nothings for free. Trust takes time, but it usually doesn't take that long on who you want to take a chance with.

I really only posted here to ask the OP how it's going with the orgasm thing.

Always a little wary of the ones in their thirties who have been here for 2 years with no apparent income and have fallen into the beer at 10am every day routine.

Always wary of the ones who ask very quickly in any conversation "So how long have you been here?"

Generally, I have a few good Thai and farang friends who have something in common with me and my family which is pretty much as it would be anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

I'm, also, very wary of other people when I first meet them, if I meet them at all. I have made some very good friends here, and knew they were good people within 5 minutes. Once they tell me they're from Canada, they're 50% there. Not many, but a couple. I have, also, met some people who I knew were a little fuc_ked-up, but harmless. I agree. There's two things I drilled into my kids' heads. Trust no one, and nothings for free. Trust takes time, but it usually doesn't take that long on who you want to take a chance with.

I really only posted here to ask the OP how it's going with the orgasm thing.

No luck yet. i still cannot give my girlfriends orgasms.

They must all be lesbians.

What a condescending bunch on here , I am happy to say that none of the other forums I contribute to are this socialy dissarranged , looking at the photo given as an example , how would you know what he is if he had not been convicted ? How can you possibly size up a person merely by thier looks ? I could relate stories of people I have know in my life who were looked down upon for thier looks , but it would be a waste of time , like one older man who lived in a home without electricity and collected newspapers on a childs 'Red-Wagon' . when he died he left a small fortune to charity and his block of apartment to be used by the homeless .

I agree with you Dumball, make judgements on a case by case basis and never judge a book by its cover. Also, as I tell my students (geez do I feel silly having to tell this to an adult) "worry more about yourself and less about him/her"

I am quite happy to interact with any farrangs I meet in Thailand and have found the majority I have met here to be open, approachable and friendly. I see many around who wont acknowlege me or avoid me, however, I find this amusing. I feel that these people are this way because they have something to hide or believe they are pseudo-thais and dont wish to be associated with westerners. Some I have met have been very strange and I had no wish to associate with them again, one claimed to be a hitman and offered to throw my Mia off a balcony if I wanted.

it is so amusing to run into another western person and find them glaring at you as if you have destroyed their secret paradise. also very amusing to go to bar and listen to someone talk to the girl in English and when they see you they try and speak Thai as if they are the expert here. NEWS FLASH people there are 5 tones in the language!!! if you happen to see someone who doesn't smile or say hello they are probably from Europe and spreading their joy around the world.

I am no more wary nor relaxed than with anyone or anywhere else.

I live surrounded by Thais with little contact with foreigners.  However, I do enjoy the local VFW meetings and the Marine Corps dinners where I can schmooze with people with whom I share a common background.  I regularly talk with a German vendor who is in town.  And I have been to the Bangkok ThaiVisa meetings as well meeting a number of other TV members for work-outs at the gym or just dinner.

Better than Thais?  No.  Worse than Thais?  No.  Just a different set of vibes and points of reference.

I am truly amazed at how vehement some people can get in response to a simple post on an open , public forum , it would appear that some cannot accept the fact that some of us have a different outlook to thiers , so be it , they should try to remember that it takes differing folks of differing stripes to make up the human race .

One thing I learned many , many years ago is that "Manners maketh man " , it ails a person nought to be polite .

• Like 1

I am truly amazed at how vehement some people can get in response to a simple post on an open , public forum , it would appear that some cannot accept the fact that some of us have a different outlook to thiers , so be it , they should try to remember that it takes differing folks of differing stripes to make up the human race .

One thing I learned many , many years ago is that "Manners maketh man " , it ails a person nought to be polite .

Its better to agree to disagree.. but argumentation can be fun too. Anyway i have learned that everyone is different and you wont be able to convince most people because they are set in their ways and idea's and nothing you do or say will change that.

You seem to be clueless as to the role that "looks" and physical attributes play in the life of a human. Multiple studies have been published that demonstrate that humans do respond to other humans based upon physical appearances. Good looking people have an easier time in life. The fact is is that if the foreigner we come across is goodlooking, chances are we will be more likely to interact. In Thailand, a great many foreigners are unattractive and dress in a manner that accentuates their negative attributes. I can guarantee that if a beautiful foreign woman was on the road shoulder with an evident flat tire, with more foreign males would stop to assist than if the person was a short fat ugly bald man.

You wish to use the example of a social misfit that collected newspapers on a child's red wagon and then left his money to charity. Was it really a sign of mental stability to live as he did? Because money was left to charity, does this somehow make the man a warm, wonderful person worth knowing? The man you cite as an example, probably lived in a filthy home and had poor hygiene. He most likely died alone because he had alienated all of his friends and families. The money left to charity may have been his final way of punishing his family. He made sure that they would get nothing. There is always another side to such a story. Who knows how he amassed the money? Perhaps he made it by stealing lawn ornaments and then selling them in flea markets, or perhaps, when he was younger he stole it. Who knows. Do you? The man was a mental case. Period.

A great many foreign residents in Thailand are mentally ill as well. In some cases, it is the onset of age related dementia. In other cases, there are psychological issues that manifest due to poor lifestyle choices. Some foreigners living in Thailand are waryof other foreigners for fear that they might be outed as crooks or perverts. Cockroaches prefer to remain out of sight. I don't wish to associate with such people. I'm not a social worker, nor does my job description include the provision of psychological health services to the trash of farangland. If you want to hang around with a guy that has cooties and stinks of urine, go for it, but such a person is not some undiscovered noble everyman of story book fame. He remains are stinky urine soaked, flea infested prick, that most likely ran off everyone because of his behaviour. Open a Salvation Army chapel and you can invite all these people around for a rousing hymn sing, tea and biscuits.

First off, I'm stunning to look at, but have always had a rough ride, lifewise. Secondly, I too am leaving my fortune to personal charities as I'd rather it do some good here than be spent on blackberries and foreign holidays by already comfortable relatives back in the old country.

The rest of your rant is taking an example of an 'undesirable' person to hysterical extremes, dontchathink?:huh:

Beetle,

i wonder how many people knew Gary Glitter for years and thought he was such a nice guy.I find it very strange that you are wary of farangs,were you the same in your home country or is this a thailand paranoia.

Do you live in Bangkok???

Have to agree its the wierdest forum in Thailand,and some of the wierdest people too

Beetle,

i wonder how many people knew Gary Glitter for years and thought he was such a nice guy.I find it very strange that you are wary of farangs,were you the same in your home country or is this a thailand paranoia.

My line of business that I have no wish to discuss my personal life on here and is strictly above board, takes me all over Thailand, south east asia and is based in Spain. I am presently staying in Lumphun for a few weeks.

My wariness of farangs was not as acute in my home country.

Beetle,

My line of business that I have no wish to discuss my personal life on here and is strictly above board, takes me all over Thailand, south east asia and is based in Spain. I am presently staying in Lumphun for a few weeks.

My wariness of farangs was not as acute in my home country.

Astral?cool.gif

Have to agree its the wierdest forum in Thailand,and some of the wierdest people too

There is at least one other Thai website out there that makes the posters on Thai Visa seem like learned scholars and true gentleman in comparison. :ph34r:

Fat old guy with a young Thai girl is for me the type i don't like to socialize with. I am talk big age difference and couples who cant even underhand each other.

I think many will tell you that such behaviour is second nature to some women regardless of communication. :whistling:

Interesting.. Here is my view..

I was here for about 6 months in the sticks and dying for conversation. I saw a guy who look pretty good. As far as clean and dressed ok. So I walked up to him in a resturant and made friends with him. As you can in 30 minutes.

The next day i saw him again at the same resturant and went over and said hi. Sat down and ate.

The third day the same. A pleasant guy and i liked the conversation.

I got up to leave, I picked up the check for he and i and said i was going home. I had to take the motorcycle to get serviced.

He got up and walked out with me. and kept following. I just chatted and did not pay any attention. The he said I have a favor to ask you. I said sure anything. He said he had to go to the docter and was short and needed 10,000 baht.

That was the last time i ever saw him and the last time I chatted with a farang... LOL

I do not judge. But Do not want to put myself in the same place again...

And I am with you that i do have farang friends but old friends i have known here for years.

Cheers

Edited by garyk

Fat old guy with a young Thai girl is for me the type i don't like to socialize with. I am talk big age difference and couples who cant even underhand each other.

I think many will tell you that such behaviour is second nature to some women regardless of communication. :whistling:

Hmmm seems you got me there.. i mean being able speaking the same language.. understanding woman is indeed practically impossible.. maybe that is why some like katoi's :D

Hmmm seems you got me there.. i mean being able speaking the same language.. understanding woman is indeed practically impossible.. maybe that is why some like katoi's :D

List of men who married women old enough to be their daughters.

* Jim Carrey - Jenny McCarthy

* Elvis Presley - Priscilla

* Ronald Reagan -Nancy

* Brad Pitt - Angelina Jolie

* John F. Kennedy - Jacqueline Bouvier

* Prince Charles - Diana Spencer

* Donald Trump - Marla Maples

* Paul McCartney - Nancy Shevell

* Nicolas Cage - Alice Kim

* Robert Redford - Sibylle Szaggars

* Bruce Willis - Emma Heming

* Sylvester Stallone - Jennifer Flavin