Green Book

Fabiobkk

Hi All,

I got a brand new Kawasaki Ninja 650R in Korat 2 months a go, (Financed the bike in 24 months) got the number plate and insurance documents last week (the bike shop dealt with all the papers ).

Can anybody advice me on how to get the"Green Book"?

Cheers,

Fabio

I seem to remember posts on TV that said that the Finance company keep the green book until the debt is paid off. This would make sense as that acts as security for the loan (i.e. ensures you do not sell the bike without them knowing). You should be given a certified copy though to let you tax and insure it though. Ask the dealer for that if you do not already have it.

(You can search TV to verify this, or maybe someone else that has used a finance co. can verify this.)

Are you sure?

I'm 99.9% finance company retains green book until Loan repayed.

Only means to sell-on you need to contact finance company.

Also not able to cross borders as must show green book or beg authorization from company.

Hi, you will receive a phone call from the dealer in a couple of weeks informing you to come pickup your new green book.

True. But if you want to take it out of the country while the finance company has the green book...the finance company has to approve the trip. Some form or other. Some will let you, some won't, some might.

When financed, green book is in 2 names, finance company and yours. When you have completed all payments, financecompany will transfer book to you only. Inspection of bike not needed for this transfer, unlike any other transfer.

In the meanwhile, tax is payed to financecompany, you should have a copy of book.

Hi all,

I thank you very much all of you for repplying to my question, having all the info you provided me, I now can go back to the dealer or contact the finance company with more confidence.

Thanks again,

Fabio