Thrappraya Road, Road Works

hazelandhoward

• 2 months later...

Update anybody please as posted this topic some time ago, are they any nearer to being finished yet as am coming out at the beginning of november and really do prefer to go down to jomtien most evenings but last year found it intollerable with the road works, i feel sorry for the businesses along that road as they must have really suffered.

H & H

Roadworks were finished in April this year and they have just recently finished repairing all the bits that broke up since then.

It's now a nice road from Pattaya until you get to Pan pan and the same as before on both the Pattaya and Jomtien ends.

Can you now drive through Jomtien Comdominium ? on the new road .I have been up north for the last few months .

Roadworks were finished in April this year and they have just recently finished repairing all the bits that broke up since then.

It's now a nice road from Pattaya until you get to Pan pan and the same as before on both the Pattaya and Jomtien ends.

Can you now drive through Jomtien Comdominium ? on the new road .I have been up north for the last few months .

You must be talking about 2nd Road. Sorry now where near completion and now it's a real mess with all the rain! :(

Haven't been along to the new Jomtien Second Road as the junction with it and the bottom of the hill from Pattaya is a total mess at the moment.

You can drive from Soi 5 all the way through to Soi Watt Boon now, the road comes out by the Winchester. :)

The bit in the middle by the tax office through to the Hanoman statue is still a mess though :(

You can drive from Soi 5 all the way through to Soi Watt Boon now, the road comes out by the Winchester. :)

The bit in the middle by the tax office through to the Hanoman statue is still a mess though :(

Thanks for the only sensible post .I have a Condo in Jaomtien Beach Condo ,and when i was last there 2 months ago the new 2nd road was days away from going through the complex to Soi Waht Boon and my other Condo in Park lane Soi Wat Boon ..

Edited by Thaifan2

Have to agree with the last posters sentiment. Threads like this attracts some very childish comments. Yes, the roadwork on this road is a mess, but so is a majority of the threads posters.

It would be much better if factual information is given. Both about how the part that was finished from pattaya to panpan is holding up (any repairs on that wall that sunk?), to where they are working right now, and maybe how much of an effort that is put into the works. Is it one guy making sure his shovel stays upright, or is there actually machines and activity every day?

Thanks for the only sensible post .I have a Condo in Jaomtien Beach Condo ,and when i was last there 2 months ago the new 2nd road was days away from going through the complex to Soi Waht Boon and my other Condo in Park lane Soi Wat Boon ..

This may be of interest...

?????????._.pdf

Have to agree with the last posters sentiment. Threads like this attracts some very childish comments. Yes, the roadwork on this road is a mess, but so is a majority of the threads posters.

It would be much better if factual information is given. Both about how the part that was finished from pattaya to panpan is holding up (any repairs on that wall that sunk?), to where they are working right now, and maybe how much of an effort that is put into the works. Is it one guy making sure his shovel stays upright, or is there actually machines and activity every day?

You have got to be kidding! If there were actual machines and activity every day the roadworks would have been completed years ago. :cheesy:

Right now it is the rainy season and more gets undone than done. In fact, I would consider what someone considered completed from Pan Pan down to the statue is a mess. Numerous serious pot holes! I have viewed the new 2nd road from both Soi Wat Boon and Soi 5. It is a mess and far from completed. It has not been paved, only an oiled rock coat. May be okay for an SUV.

IMO Misleading updates on being completed are much much more worse and childish. Maybe it's wishful dreaming. If I recall, it was Thaifan who claimed that the 2rd project appeared to be moving along very quickly and should be completed soon. :cheesy: Many TV members slammed him. I saw it at that time and thought to myself, 'he's got to be kidding or is vary naive".

Business owners, residents, patrons, and tourists have a right to complain and make jokes about the insincerity of the government about completion. After all, many people have been injured do to accidents as a result of the construction. I have forgotten how many years the Pattaya city government has said the project was to be completed by this coming April only for the work or non-work to continue. :guitar:

So who is the mess? IMO it is not the posters you are condemning. They have seen enough projects that drag on for years. Get rid of the rose colored glasses. It won't be finished this year or maybe the next.

:welcomeani: to Thailand!

Edited by BB1950

?????????._.pdf

Notice these photos are only around the Jomtien Beach Condominium. You don't need to look very far in the distance to see that it is not close to finished.

Ok, so you want factual information and you think my post are childish. Other people might find the humerus, but we have a different crowd here.

Here are the facts, these project started roughly 5 years ago and the entire road stretches appropriately 3 miles. To date, they have fully completed less than 50% of the project. And during that time, they left the roads and surround area a disgusting mess.

Due to there extremely slow work numerous business have suffered sever financial damage and quite a few of them were forced to close.

Over the 3 mile stretch there is not one single inch that is fully complete. The sections where the road and sidewalks have been finished, the landscaping in the middle of the road still has not been worked on.

In anther section where the road has been completed, there has been no work at all done on the sidewalk or the landscaping in the middle of the road.

For approximately 1/3 of the road they have not worked on at all, they have torn up the sidewalks and left the material right where it was when it was torn up, making it impossible to walk in that area without walking in the street and dodging traffic.

Those are the facts from somebody that has lived though this entire mess. It has totally disrupted my life and destroyed my business.

I have not seen any work at all on this project for at least eight months. I personally find it so sad, that if I did not laugh at it and attempt to make a joke out of it, I would end up be depressed over it. Since I refuse to let that happen, I choose to make jokes about it.

For the rest of you that lack a sense of humor, you now have unquestionably the most complete and accurate answer to your question.

>>

<<

?????????._.pdf

Thanks Basil b ,those photos are of great interest to me .I can now get between my two condos in about 3 minutes flat by motorcycle when i return to Jomtien .

The Condo office in JBC ,have not sent me any updates in months .

Edited by Thaifan2

Ok, so you want factual information and you think my post are childish. Other people might find the humerus, but we have a different crowd here.

Here are the facts, these project started roughly 5 years ago and the entire road stretches appropriately 3 miles. To date, they have fully completed less than 50% of the project. And during that time, they left the roads and surround area a disgusting mess.

Due to there extremely slow work numerous business have suffered sever financial damage and quite a few of them were forced to close.

Over the 3 mile stretch there is not one single inch that is fully complete. The sections where the road and sidewalks have been finished, the landscaping in the middle of the road still has not been worked on.

In anther section where the road has been completed, there has been no work at all done on the sidewalk or the landscaping in the middle of the road.

For approximately 1/3 of the road they have not worked on at all, they have torn up the sidewalks and left the material right where it was when it was torn up, making it impossible to walk in that area without walking in the street and dodging traffic.

Those are the facts from somebody that has lived though this entire mess. It has totally disrupted my life and destroyed my business.

I have not seen any work at all on this project for at least eight months. I personally find it so sad, that if I did not laugh at it and attempt to make a joke out of it, I would end up be depressed over it. Since I refuse to let that happen, I choose to make jokes about it.

For the rest of you that lack a sense of humor, you now have unquestionably the most complete and accurate answer to your question.

Sorry Billaaa777... and heres me just worrying about it being a slight irritation to my holiday but as i said in my second post how sorry i felt for the businesses down there, at least we are only there for one month a year, dont know how you put up with it when you are living there and its ruining your lively hood cant imagine you get compensated in any way !!!!!

H & H

There's no machines and activity because the road is finished, and as I said before the first wave of pothole repairs are completed.

That sunken wall hasn't been repaired and is not likely to be during rainy season, and doesn't affect your ability to drive on the road anyway.

As for pavements and landscaping, are they even part of the contract? They're probably a completely different budget, and they won't be worked on until rainy season is finished. And when they're done they'll be dug up again by another contractor working on another project.

Edited by PattayaParent

That sunken wall hasn't been repaired and is not likely to be during rainy season, and doesn't affect your ability to drive on the road anyway.

How nice of you to forget to mention that is DOES affect your ability to walk on the side of the road since there are no sidewalks.

How nice of you to forget to mention that in front of my condo for the last six months is has looked like a construction site with the mess from the torn up sidewalks left right where they tore it up.

And exactly how do you know who has what contract to do what? Are you part of city hall, I don't think so.

And as far as effecting your ability to drive, maybe you haven't been caught in the traffic jam when the road turns from a 3 lane road into a one lane road when you enter Pattaya, but I have.

So from childish humor to rant. How original. Why is it childish? Because everyone read the jokes before. Its so stupidly obvious. Its what you expect from a kindergarden or teenage students. It was funny one time. Reading the same jokes repeated with variations over the same theme get booring real fast. Oh look look, he made a joke, quick have to post my joke too!

Thanks to the people that post pictures. Thats really helpfull. My personal interest is in the road from beach road to statue to panpan. Pictures of the mess would be nice. I know it would take special effort, but it would be effort appreciated. I promise to post my update once I've done my 3 weeks in 2011...

So from childish humor to rant. How original. Why is it childish? Because everyone read the jokes before. Its so stupidly obvious. Its what you expect from a kindergarden or teenage students. It was funny one time. Reading the same jokes repeated with variations over the same theme get booring real fast. Oh look look, he made a joke, quick have to post my joke too!

Psychiatrists state that people who go out of their way to criticize others do this due to their deep rooting feelings of lack of self worth and in an attempt to build up their own self esteem.

In addition, they go on to say that this type of behavior only makes the condition worse due to the fact they only find faults in others that they themselves have, which ends up consuming a great deal of their thought process looking for anything they can discover wrong with others.

How nice of you to forget to mention that is DOES affect your ability to walk on the side of the road since there are no sidewalks.

There never were any pavements where that sunken wall is.

How nice of you to forget to mention that in front of my condo for the last six months is has looked like a construction site with the mess from the torn up sidewalks left right where they tore it up.

I doubt the OP is bothered by that, all he wants is to get from Pattaya to Jomtien, and I very much doubt that he means on foot.

And exactly how do you know who has what contract to do what? Are you part of city hall, I don't think so.

My point exactly, all those posters bitching about the sidewalks and landscaping don't even know if it's part of the contract and therefore not finished, or if it was never intended to be done, and therefore finished.

And as far as effecting your ability to drive, maybe you haven't been caught in the traffic jam when the road turns from a 3 lane road into a one lane road when you enter Pattaya, but I have.

The number of lanes is still going to remain the same whatever the condition of the roadworks as that junction has nothing to do with the current works.