Which Fruit Is Your Favourite?

Thomas_Merton

Which Fruit is your favourite?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mango (grown in Thailand) :D

Closely followed by:

Rambutan, Pommel, Pineapple, Tamarind, Banana :D

& I work for a firm in UK that Import Vegetables and Fruit from around the world.

+ I am Buddhist so sampling is not a problem.

I am Intrigued, :o

Why do you ask? :D

Regards

Ivan

:D

Curiosity.

Plus in a food forum on Thai food, there ought to be a section on fruit, don't you think?

I must admit I look forward to Durian on arriving in Thailand, :D

Yet my Thai wife cannot stand the smell :D

Long story but I ordered Prepared Samples from our base in Thailand, They arrived Friday after I left and a Kind person placed them in the Office for me.

My Boss was not amused when he arrive Monday morning, :D

I am sure you can imagine the smell after being in a centrally heated “box” all weekend. :D

Prepared, packed and on plane same day !!!! But I have yet to find a fruit that tastes as good in UK as it does in its “home” country

Regards

Ivan

Watermelon - Daeng Moo...or is it Moo Daeng ?

Moo Daeng I think... :o

totster :D

Watermelon is Taeng-moh.

he he... maybe I was thinking of red ants... :D

Incidentally ... if they are eaten as a dessert or for pleasure, do they qualify as fruit...? :D

Moo Daeng is bar-b-q red pork ribs. Might get fruity after them. :D

Watermelon - Daeng Moo...or is it Moo Daeng ?

Moo Daeng I think... :o

Watermelon is Taeng-moh.

he he... maybe I was thinking of red ants... :D

Incidentally ... if they are eaten as a dessert or for pleasure, do they qualify as fruit...? :D

Moo Daeng is bar-b-q red pork ribs. Might get fruity after them. :D

wow your getting smart now with the thai vocabulary...10 points lampie

bye the way the aussie is not arrived yet overhere !!! :D

I like Lam Yai. The Thais always warn you not to eat too many if you intend to drink beer. Does anyone know why?

We have been always warn not to eat too many, as we could have throathache and eyes problem. Or they just warn us not to eat too many good fruits huh ? I love Lam Yai any way, havent ate any for many years now. :o

Actually love almost all fruits in Thailand. Love the taste of Durian..hummm, Lum Yai, Linchee, Mangosteen, pineapple, lambutan, mangoes, guawa, jackefruit, pamelon, Melone, Tubtim..hummmm especially when it reds like ruby and sweet like heaven...., Noi Na icecream...tastes wonderful, La mood...seldom seen lately, LongGong is my favarite too, coconut icecream....hummmm, well...dont know which kind of fruits I dont like. :o

Actually love almost all fruits in Thailand. Love the taste of Durian..hummm, Lum Yai, Linchee, Mangosteen, pineapple, lambutan, mangoes, guawa, jackefruit, pamelon, Melone, Tubtim..hummmm especially when it reds like ruby and sweet like heaven...., Noi Na icecream...tastes wonderful, La mood...seldom seen lately, LongGong is my favarite too, coconut icecream....hummmm,  well...dont know which kind of fruits I dont like. :D

But dont eat many Guawas at a time like me last time. It was so good and I couldnt stoped eating, I dont know how many kg(s) I ate that day, the next 7 days I had problem with the digestion...cant go to restroom anymore..that is weird :o:D

But dont eat many Guawas at a time like me last time. It was so good and I couldnt stoped eating, I dont know how many kg(s) I ate that day, the next 7 days I had problem with the digestion...cant go to restroom anymore..that is weird :D  :D

obviously Gauva (farang) has too much of Vit C , but it has high tannin also..no doubt that u have GI prob , bloat and constipation

Bambi :o

I like nearly all Thai fruit but still miss peaches, greengages, raspberries,decent strawberries and apples.Used to include decent grapes here as well,but recently discovered Silver Springs vinyard just outside Pattaya excellent large seedless red grapes expensive but not to be missed.

As for Thai fruits my favourites are

Lychee

Mangosteen

Salak

Custard apples

You can't beat those small Thai bananas when ripe.

I'm quite keen on the fruit that look like a tiny lychee but are bitter almost lemony when fully ripe.

Also a fruit you see a lot in the villages but not in the town much as it doesn't travel well or keep for long named a Nam nom comes in green and purple varieties about the size of a small tennis ball.Anyone know the proper names for these?

Also a fruit you see a lot in the villages but not in the town much as it doesn't travel well or keep for long named a Nam nom comes in green and purple varieties about  the size of a small tennis ball.Anyone know the proper names for these?

aww...hard to guess ,,

but "Nam nom " sound like MILK !!

num = water

nom = milk ,breast

Also a fruit you see a lot in the villages but not in the town much as it doesn't travel well or keep for long named a Nam nom comes in green and purple varieties about  the size of a small tennis ball.Anyone know the proper names for these?

Nam nom is what I've heard them called in Isaan. Around Chiangrai they are called Chiangrai apples. Don't know any other name for them but they are really really good when ripe.

Also no need to miss good apples...the Chinese import apples can be excellent and you can even get Washington grown apples in many markets but they're often not the tastiest varieties and sometimes kind of old.....I go for the Chinese imports.

aww...hard to guess ,,

but "Nam nom " sound like MILK !!

num = water

nom = milk ,breast

Bambi :D

gosssshhhh ...... finally i find the one you mean

chrysophyllum-cainito.jpg

i dont know that fruit before

Star apple... Chrysophyllum cainito ...Mak nam nom

ps..aroi??

ps2. thanks www.google.com

Edited by BambinA

:

scampy..u forget to add my "cherry" in your list

:D  :D

Bambi

I thought somebody had already had it babe.   :D

long time ago ..as greek mythology

Bambi

Do you have any more? :D :D

Women have two "cherries" don't they ... ? :o

we (girls) have cherry everyday when we wake up ,obviously (more than2 for sure)

Bambi

:D:D