Any Fresh Coffee Lovers In Doi Saket?

jaideeguy

I agree - it's a good way to start if there is no espresso machine.

For future cuppings - and I hope we will be able to continue this exercise, we could perhaps use a machine and do two tastings per coffee. Some roasts will show well with drip or moka method and some will show better through the machine.

Bumping this thread up to confirm to contestants and tasters that the 'Doi Saket coffee tasting contest' is still on at Locanda reataurant in Doi Saket on Wed 25 Aug from 10:30 to 1:30 and winner will be anounced at 1:30........free coffee to all who come and contestants are still welcome. We have 4 so far. And there will be a single espresso machine available.

Went to this event this morning.

Ronaldo provided milk, sugar, biscuits and pizza to go with the 5 different types of locally grown coffee at no charge. I totally overdosed on coffee. About 15-20 people turned up, even though it was raining.

The pizza was very good, and I will be returning one evening to actually buy some!

My thanks to Ronaldo and the coffee providers for a most pleasant morning.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Yes, it was a pleasant way to spend a rainy morning. I got 'buzzed' too from all the coffee tasted and met some interesting people.....mostly from the Doi Saket area.

Roberto was an excellent host and organized a fair tasting contest with 5 coffees ground same and drip brewed for initial taste and espresso machine on hand for further tasting. Thanks Roberto!!

The only thing missing was 'Lingnoi'......who inspired this event with his challenge to put his 600thb coffee up against our 300thb coffee......the challenge is still on!!!

We learned a lot from this event and hope to repeat it in the future. There are some 'world class' coffees grown here and the King's Royal Project for growing coffee in the highlands is just starting to mature and Thai coffee will soon be a gourmet product.

Yes, it was a pleasant way to spend a rainy morning. I got 'buzzed' too from all the coffee tasted and met some interesting people.....mostly from the Doi Saket area.

Roberto was an excellent host and organized a fair tasting contest with 5 coffees ground same and drip brewed for initial taste and espresso machine on hand for further tasting. Thanks Roberto!!

The only thing missing was 'Lingnoi'......who inspired this event with his challenge to put his 600thb coffee up against our 300thb coffee......the challenge is still on!!!

We learned a lot from this event and hope to repeat it in the future. There are some 'world class' coffees grown here and the King's Royal Project for growing coffee in the highlands is just starting to mature and Thai coffee will soon be a gourmet product.

Glad it was a good day Jaidee. My friend sends his apologies and hopes to make it next time. Let me know when you next get together.

Cheers,

Lingnoi.

• 2 weeks later...