China Visa Increased Fees

ChouDoufu

the chinese consulate has recently raised visa fees for usa passport holders.

fee schedule for 'merkans was whited-out (whit-out?), new prices written in

by hand. didn't notice any fee changes for other nationalities.

new fees are now:

4560 for 4 day service

5260 for 2-3 day service

5760 for next day service

Yes, it should be noted that increases by the Chinese reflect U.S. policies toward them.

Also, fees for U.S. passports have gone up for U.S. citizens.

Some U.S. citizens may not yet have heard that "extra pages" in passports cost more than $80. And nowadays, everyone wants to stamp our passports everywhere and fill up entire pages with visas.

Yes, it should be noted that increases by the Chinese reflect U.S. policies toward them.

Some U.S. citizens may not yet have heard that "extra pages" in passports cost more than $80. And nowadays, everyone wants to stamp our passports everywhere and fill up entire pages with visas.

When did it start costing $80.00 for additional pages to a USA passport? Last I checked itwas free!

When did it start costing $80.00 for additional pages to a USA passport? Last I checked itwas free!

Not sure I believe it was July 13. I know it was this month. They jacked the price up on every thing. These prices came out of Washington D C

http://www.chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/lsyw/chivisa/dd/t649903.htm

Bit CHEAPER here in the smoke.... :unsure:

Went for a quick look at Shanghai a couple of years ago and from memory my single Entry was around £45 quid and wifes about £30....so now.... :rolleyes:

Next year intend to visit some of her long lost forgoten family relatives in some place about 100 miles north of Hong Kong so could be worth picking them up now rather than in LOS.

Maybe the increase however is only for Uncle Sams lads :huh::)

"Special" rate for US passports, in retaliation for US visa fees. I got a Chinese visa recently. I have both UK and US passports and wanted the visa in my UK passport for only 1100B. However, because I entered Thailand on my US passport they would not do this and I had to pay the then fee for US passports of 4400B for the same visa!

On a positive note. This past March, I went for a Chinese tourist visa expecting to get only a month for the ridiculous sum of 4400B. This was my 1st time to China. If I liked it there I was looking to stay longer. When I applied for the visa, I was told because I had a Thai retirement extension, I could get a 6 month double 90 day entry visa. For the 4400B, this was a decent value. I stayed nearly 90 days and now plan to return before it expires for another up to 90 days. Of course, not as good as the $160 10 year Indian tourist visa I got back in 2007 while in the US.

Edited by vagabond48

"Special" rate for US passports, in retaliation for US visa fees. I got a Chinese visa recently. I have both UK and US passports and wanted the visa in my UK passport for only 1100B. However, because I entered Thailand on my US passport they would not do this and I had to pay the then fee for US passports of 4400B for the same visa!

I got a chinese visa just under 6 months ago, I have two UK passports and never give any embassy the passport with the thai entry stamps, had no issues. sounds like they were just fee whoring you. You could have made the point you could not leave the passport with the thai entry stamps with them as thai law requires you to carry this at all times and I under stand that BIB are extorting money over this down sukunvitt way