Non Imm Marriage 1 Yr Visa Application At Immigration

Just curious if there is there a definitive list of documents required for application of Non Imm visa based on marriage at Bangkok Immigration or is each case up to whim of officer in charge?

FYI if it matters, it will be a first time application for a UK national married to a Thai woman and I assume the visa is one yr with option for multiple entry?

So far I have on list (besides the wife in tow):

1. Completed application form (TM87 from Thai Visa web site).

2. Copies of all my pp pages with original.

3. Copies of wife's id, house book with originals.

4. Copies of bank guarantee (400kTHB deposit over 2 months) with originals, bank book and letter from bank.

5. Copies of Thai marriage cert and original.

anything else needed?

Do you have a non immigrant visa entry? If you do then TM.7 would be the form to use and you would do during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry. If you are here on visa exempt or tourist entry than an extra step using TM86 or TM87 would be required.

400K THB must stay at least 3 months in a saving/current account

The seasoning period is only 2 months for a first time applicatio, which is what the OP states.

Edited by mxyzptlk

I can think of two items. Photos of you and the wife in and about the residence and a map of location.

Yes, I have been told about this also, so thanks for confirmation.

Also I was told to provide "all" documents from the Thai marriage inc affirmation to marry from the embassy copy.

One question, I am now in a 60 day extension period based on marriage of an original visa exempt entry. I assume with above I will get a Non Imm O visa as end product (rather than some extension of stay??) which I then need to get exit/rentry permits to go in/out on.

No, you will not get a visa. A visa is a permit to travel to Thailand, nothing more. If you didn't apply for entry into Thailand with a non-immigrant visa they will convert your entry to one based on a non-immigrant visa. You will get an extension of stay on which you can get a re-entry permit if you need to travel outside of Thailand and want to return.

A visa allows you to travel to Thailand, a permission to stay (and extensions there of) allows you to enter and stay in Thailand. A visa doesn't automatically means one is allowed to enter Thailand. It are two different things.

400K THB must stay at least 3 months in a saving/current account

The seasoning period is only 2 months for a first time applicatio, which is what the OP states.

Only just last week somebody was refused an extension at Korat immigration,because the money was not 3 months on the account.

The man was sent away with a 60 days extension. ??

To my best of knowledge the immigration website states 2 months !!

The first extension of stay should be 2 months, just as retirement. Although the original police order does not say there is a change for subsequent extensions as it does say for retirement there seems to have been a memo that allows officials to require 3 months as is the case for retirement.

Does the 400K have to be from a local branch? The wife, son and I were renting in Pattaya for six months. I have over two million baht in a Pattaya Bangkok Bank account, but just recently transferred 400K+ to a Surin Bangkok Bank on July 25 (where our home is). The date for visa extension in my passport is November 4th. Am I ok?

A bank account in Thailand is all that is needed, where the branch is doesn't matter. The money only has to be there for 2 (or 3 months) prior to extension anyway.

Edit: I'm not sure how they would deal if you change the account during the seasoning period. That would probably up to the officer you are dealing with.

Where it is located does matter for the bank letter however. You should check that the local branch can provide or make arrangements for them to obtain from Bangkok for the account not held with them. Bank branch managers can be very obstructive.

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Sor 2 from amphur office

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

With Income option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

All of the above in two copies

Tomorrow, I will apply in Phitsanulok to renew my one year extension of permit to stay to support a Thai wife. Last year, before the Phitsanulok office opened, I reported to Nan, where they asked me to pay an extra 3,000 baht to pay for an investigation (over and above the standard 1,900 baht fee) -- I refused and the stay was granted. Tomorrow, I actually have to do three (3) things: (1) make a 90 day report; (2) transfer my permit to stay stamp to a new, renewed passport; and (3) apply for a renewed one -year extension to stay. I expect no problems and will report in full.

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Sor 2 from amphur office

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

With Income option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

All of the above in two copies

This is great, why cannot there be something like this list pinned to immigration boards? (Sorry if there is and I missed it!).

I will have to return next week because I was missing item 10 above. No mention was made of item 9 but I'll take it. Also I was without item 3 but I think it should be Kor Ror 2 (not Kor Sor 2??).

When I go back the bank letter will be a few days old, as I took it last week just a day old. I'm sure that won't do either!

I already have a 60 day ext, do they give these out repeatedly in meantime or does one need to leave country as it says in pp stamp?

I already have a 60 day ext, do they give these out repeatedly in meantime or does one need to leave country as it says in pp stamp?

Only one extension per entry.

You should be OK, they will give you an "Under consideration" stamp for another 30 days.

Edited by PoorSucker