The Samui Gazzette

They are being offered free of charge, complimentary, no-charge, at present. You can get them at Subway in Lamai, Starbucks and most hotels.

Subway, Starbucks??? Why not McDonalds as well? Says it all really......

You're surely not suggesting the marketing director (or whatever his grand title is) should get on his bike and deliver a copy to every bar etc.....thereby increasing his readership by many times over are you?.....what a ridiculous notion.....:lol:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up my first copy at tesco lotus , there where at the tourist both thing opposite fuji. They where tucked away in the corner , only noticed it when the misses went to the toilet and there was no obvious talent to stare at ;)

• 1 month later...

has the Gazette Finished ???? - i have not seen there newspaper in 7 - 11 , or the free spots that supplied it before, also they havent upadted there website with the latest edition, which should have come out on the 1 st oct, it is now the 8 th.... anyone seen the latest edition

Yes, I got it this morning & their latest edition was on line.

i only see edition 5 online , 17th Sept - 30 Sept ????? , where did you pick the hard copy up from ?

Was delivered Boater. They should be available today.

Yes, I got it this morning & their latest edition was on line.

i only see edition 5 online , 17th Sept - 30 Sept ????? , where did you pick the hard copy up from ?

Was delivered Boater. They should be available today.

just been delivered to 7 - 11 , but the date was 8th oct - 21 st , so what happened to the missing 8 days ? oh well

I shall ask them for you.

Ok Boater, they have re aligned the print dates as not to have a conflict.

makes sense, but there isnt alot of ' news ' again in this edition, its turning into another Samui Express :unsure:

just been delivered to 7 - 11 , but the date was 8th oct - 21 st , so what happened to the missing 8 days ? oh well

Nothing happened during the 8 days.

why doesn't thai visa. make a samui koa phangan newspaper even incl. koh tao. what u reckon?

why doesn't thai visa. make a samui koa phangan newspaper even incl. koh tao. what u reckon?

You can't write about bad news, someone might knock on your door and you'll become the news that nobody can publish. :ph34r:

You can't write about bad news, someone might knock on your door and you'll become the news that nobody can publish. :ph34r:

don't what peoplw say all news is good news. I have has people moaning for years about how bad things are getting over here. though these same people are still here some 10 years some 4 years.

If things were really that bad they would be gone 10 years ago.

All publicity is good news. even if it is a tragidy. I mean take one of the biggest traady in history world war 1 and 2. How many musiums and films and books and cumputer games have been made from those wars.

How many gangster true stories have been made into films. we love it. It is as Paul Weller woukd put it. " thats entertainment"

one of my favourite songs.

I reckon they should make a TV show called Samui Enders. it is not far from the real life drama set in the east end of london.

I think the true stories of just a random few expats would knock soap opparas like eldardo spark out.

Well then again that woulkd not take much that was crap.

anyway up to you lot u media people. DO IT !!!

anyway i ain't worried about people knocking at my door. cause i always leave it open .)

What he's saying is that if you want to criticize a newspaper for its so-called "bad English," at the very least make sure you can spell simple words like "wasn't" correctly.

It is not unrealistic to expect an English language newspaper to have a decent grounding in the English language. I think that is a fair minimum expectation. It was'nt aweful but it should have been better.

I wouldn't normally comment but you should get a refund from your private school....in addition to learning how to forge cheques and shoplift at least the comp I attended taught me how to spell. :o

Please explain

A link to Issue 6? Even the printed edition is nowhere to be found! And it's more than a week now from its scheduled release.

Anyone have a link to issue 6

Have you read the previous posts? Funny it smells like Xpress posting to me.

Surely they'll upload the older issue ONLY after they publish a new issue - kind of makes sense if you're in paper business. They got this paper home delivered for 450 baht!! I guess that's for a year... Which sounds dirt cheap or plan to go under in record time... ermm.gif

Been checking the online issues and paper does have better outlay than SE. They've spread "inside Samui" stuff all along the paper among the international stories as they seem to get the international stuff through TAN network (familiar to coconut cable viewers from their English news channel) and must fill in something for the buying audience.

I'd go for Thailand news more than international stuff as TAN must have pretty cool coverage in the area. SE already does the international thingy and we all read and watch most of this stuff on daily basis... lot of Thai news does go unnoticed though. Maybe add some technology, weird in the world, entertaining stuff and it would cover my needs.

Cheers and good luck for the newbie.smile.gif

Surely they'll upload the older issue ONLY after they publish a new issue - kind of makes sense if you're in paper business. They got this paper home delivered for 450 baht!! I guess that's for a year... Which sounds dirt cheap or plan to go under in record time... ermm.gif

Been checking the online issues and paper does have better outlay than SE. They've spread "inside Samui" stuff all along the paper among the international stories as they seem to get the international stuff through TAN network (familiar to coconut cable viewers from their English news channel) and must fill in something for the buying audience.

I'd go for Thailand news more than international stuff as TAN must have pretty cool coverage in the area. SE already does the international thingy and we all read and watch most of this stuff on daily basis... lot of Thai news does go unnoticed though. Maybe add some technology, weird in the world, entertaining stuff and it would cover my needs.

Cheers and good luck for the newbie.smile.gif

yes the news is the news. good or bad. they are facts. if we don't print it in the local papers guranteed they will in international papers.

" they " might be able to control the local papers but not the international.

u could probably find out more on thailand out of country than in country.

what i am saying is there is no harm with printing the truth. or nothing wrong with it.

the papers should show the crime section, ( in Full )

the sports section. There is loads of it on the island. specially boxing. they could print up the rankings and make local fighters into local stars. There is Santuburi, loads of othere compititions. football.

Then local information for all expats and local politics. like who is running for what when elections aree when buddist holidays are, when all bank holidays are, when bars are closed.

And get ride of those americans printing there stupid stories that having nothing to do with the island. also other international news that does not evext the islands should be left out. we have the bangkok post for that.

maybe can replace the boring american's points of view and do something about the history of the island.

Not that i have a problem with all yanks it is just those 2 in the news paper. that old woman and that black dude.

the woman has gone. time to ride of the other 1.

come on do it!