Red Baht Bus Down Nernplabwun

kxfield

Has anyone any info on the red baht bus that starts, I think, at Horseshoe point-comes down Soi Country Club I think, before turning into Nernplabwun and heading towards Sukhumvit. What time does the service start and end? Where does it stop in Pattaya? Where can you catch the bus back? How much say from top of Nernplabwun to Pattaya?

yes interested to know as well, as i am a npw resident. i had heard it runs down klang then slides over to nua (down sai 3 or 2?) to Na Klua but i do not know and i never see one when i want it. i tend to want to get out for a few on the weekend and do not want to drive - these days i walk to klang then catch one from there but that is not very convenient.

any more details appreciated

yes interested to know as well, as i am a npw resident. i had heard it runs down klang then slides over to nua (down sai 3 or 2?) to Na Klua but i do not know and i never see one when i want it. i tend to want to get out for a few on the weekend and do not want to drive - these days i walk to klang then catch one from there but that is not very convenient.

any more details appreciated

Hi Kuma,

I've lived in the Nongprue area for over 7 years and never seen the bus go down pattaya klang. As I stated before I take the bus to sukhumvit and walk down klang to Foodland, Carrefour, etc. When it comes back to npw it comes off of sukhumvit on to npw and catch there to go back down npw.

Greg

I live on NPW but never take the red baht-buses as I have a SUV and besides it's too low-so, but from what I see driving up and down NPW, they seem to run basically back and forth from Sukhumvit to the Wat Suttawas area...basically in a straight line of about 5 km. They do not cross Sukhumvit (as I have never seen one anywhere else around town...if one was heading into town to wards the beach, one would have to cross Sukkie and catch one of the blue BBs at the top of Pattaya Klang or if going north or south along Sukkie, one of the white BBs that go in those directions.

Beware that the red BBs are invariability packed...enjoy your ride.

I live on NPW but never take the red baht-buses as I have a SUV and besides it's too low-so, but from what I see driving up and down NPW, they seem to run basically back and forth from Sukhumvit to the Wat Suttawas area...basically in a straight line of about 5 km. They do not cross Sukhumvit (as I have never seen one anywhere else around town...if one was heading into town to wards the beach, one would have to cross Sukkie and catch one of the blue BBs at the top of Pattaya Klang or if going north or south along Sukkie, one of the white BBs that go in those directions.

Beware that the red BBs are invariability packed...enjoy your ride.

I've taken that bus numerous times north on Sukhumvit to Pattaya Nua and as stated before as far as Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and will be going there on this coming Thursday to the hospital on the bus.

Greg

Edited by Thaigreg

These buses sometimes terminate at the bottom of the soi before NPW,usually during the rush hours when traffic is very busy on suk, they take a right at the 7/11 onto the road that leads to Tesco express, then take a left so you then have to walk back toward NPW and over to the top of the klang for a blue bus into town. They are no good for returning from a night out as they seem to stop running around 7pm, so you have to haggle with the blue bus drivers to get back.

Yea seems there is no better option than what i am doing now - walk to klang then get on a blue from there. As is to be expected last time i did this i gave in and took a motorbike - cheap and fast but seems a lot riskier than the bikes in bkk - would rather not.

Guess i could try to find a pt driver maybe - for the nights out?? does anyone do that sort of thing? :blink:

• 6 months later...

Yea seems there is no better option than what i am doing now - walk to klang then get on a blue from there. As is to be expected last time i did this i gave in and took a motorbike - cheap and fast but seems a lot riskier than the bikes in bkk - would rather not.

Guess i could try to find a pt driver maybe - for the nights out?? does anyone do that sort of thing? :blink:

PT Driver? Last time I hired a Baht Bus from Carrefour it cost me 300 Baht up to the Wat. Seemed a bit expensive to me but had to go as I had 20 Kilos of stuff from Carrefour.

Yesterday Friday at around 07:15 no Baht Bus for 30 minutes. What are my options as I am living close to the Wat to get in and out of the city I hate taking moto taxis for the risk...

Cheers

Wonder why there aren't more baht buses on this route, there certainly seems a demand for it. Should be a perfect job for a drunken Isaan driver, straight line from start to finish. I've seen it before, always packed out, didn't actually think there was only one vehicle. One would think the blue baht bus mafia would have muscled in on it by now. They must lose a lot of dead miles trawling for customers every day as there are so many in town just clogging up the roads

Wonder why there aren't more baht buses on this route, there certainly seems a demand for it. Should be a perfect job for a drunken Isaan driver, straight line from start to finish. I've seen it before, always packed out, didn't actually think there was only one vehicle. One would think the blue baht bus mafia would have muscled in on it by now. They must lose a lot of dead miles trawling for customers every day as there are so many in town just clogging up the roads

Learned in another forum that apparently the red baht busses only operate from 6 in the morning to max 7 in the evening. Apparently the baht buses are just for the thais that work in east pattaya...

How about moto taxi prices from second road to the end of NWP road. I paid a 150 after a lot of haggeling but I see thais paying usually something like 40 Baht max. However I do not know where they started their journey.

Thanks

Edited by stat