Re-Entry Permits Using Tm8

I thought the old thai immigrations location at Suan Plu sold them Saturday mornings for a very short time each weekend.

Good to hear they still do it, although if I had to bet, I'd say make the slog out to Changwattana as it's a 100% sure thing. Then again if you need one on Saturday, maybe not :o ..

• 1 month later...

You can still get them there, even on Saturday morning. But believe you must email the application 24 hours before you go.

Service for Re-entry permit online by Stop & Stamp

Contact at Immigration Division1 (Soi SuaPlu , Satorn Rd.)

Counter 6-7 Room 102 , 1st Floor , Building 1

Tel. : 0-2287-1983

Office hour: Mon-Fri 8:30 - 12.00 and 13.00 - 16:30

Saturday 8:30 - 12.00

Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance. You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.) Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php

You can still get them there, even on Saturday morning. But believe you must email the application 24 hours before you go.

Tel. : 0-2287-1983 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0-2287-1983      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance. You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.) Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

No need to e-mail the re-entry application form, in fact, the actual link on the Immigration web-site doesn't work !!

Just make sure you turn up on time at the Suan Plu Immigration office, get a TM8 form first from the lady at the counter on your far left as you enter and complete it. On completion, go back to the lady and she will issue a queue number.

If you arrive with the completed form TM8 and the picture, go straight to the lady and show the completed forms. On presentation of the completed forms, she should hand you a queue number.

I arrived (some months ago) at 8.45am with completed forms and was given number 32. I was out with a re-entry permit by 9.30am.

I did go through the business of trying to e-mail the TM8 to the Immigration office, but it came back as undeliverable several times.

Please remember that this is only on Saturday mornings from 08:30 until 12:00 noon at Suan Plu.

I hope this helps......

Frm-Bkk

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

I went there for my Re-Entry permit earlier this month and did not submit anything in advance. I also did not see that anyone else there had done so. In fact some people were completing the TM8 after they arrived at the office. I was out of there in 30 minutes.

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

http://www.immigrati...004/en/base.php

I went there for my Re-Entry permit earlier this month and did not submit anything in advance. I also did not see that anyone else there had done so. In fact some people were completing the TM8 after they arrived at the office. I was out of there in 30 minutes.

Thanks guys, saved me a much longer day out smile.gif

Thanks for clearing that up FRM-BKK and Searat7. I saw a recent post of someone who claimed that he was told by immigration to post it in advance.

So they are only open on Saturday morning?

Still, seems to me that the BEST idea is to get at least a single use re-entry permit, baht 1,000, when you get your visa extension. Good insurance in case you really must travel on a Thai holiday or Sunday or some period when CW & SP are CLOSED. Ease of mind, hassle, and all that....

Mac

Just came back from Suan Phlu they tell me categorically they now deal ONLY with labourers from Cambodia, Laos and Burma.

It's now ALWAYS Chaengwattana for us.

Hope this helps, but it would be a good idea for someone to update the ThaiVisa re-entry permit info page, errm, not sure who to advise about that..... unsure.gif

Just came back from Suan Phlu they tell me categorically they now deal ONLY with labourers from Cambodia, Laos and Burma.

Hope this helps, but it would be a good idea for someone to update the ThaiVisa re-entry permit info page, errm, not sure who to advise about that..... unsure.gif

Might be the case that they only issue re-entry permits now on Saturday morning!

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php :

Sunday = Closed

Saturday Open 8.30 - 12.00 a.m

at Immigration Division1 (Soi SuanPlu)

- Counter 6 service for visa extension of Tourist visa,Transit visa, without visa and visa on arrival.

- Counter 7 for Re-entry permit .

While in an earlier post I quoted from another immigration website

What you say is absolutely correct!

Suan Plu - at present - only deals with Immigration matters on weekdays for Nationals of neighbouring countries; Malaysia, Burma, Cambodia and Laos.

Guaranteed that if you turn up at Suan Plu for a re-entry permit on a week-day (Mon-Fri) and you are not a National of any of the neighbouring countries, you will be turned away and told to go to Cheang Wattana.

I would be very surprised if they have suddenly done away with the issuance of re-entry permits on Saturday mornings for any National of any Nationality. However, they don't like to 'advertise' the issuance of re-entry permits on Saturday morning for others. It might cause them too much work, which was evident when I was there last time. They (Immigration officers) were not a happy bunch !!

Somebody needs to do an investigation. I might get on my bicycle on Saturday morning and check it out, as I only live a mile away.

I will report later.....

Frm-Bkk