Land Filling

maichai40

Hi CM peolple,

I hope you can help me with this....

I have 1 rai of land in the outskirts of CM (San Kampaeng) that needs to be cleared, filled and prepared for building.

I was quoted by the middleman that sold us the land at 320/baht per truck (4-5 cubic meter of land each?), is that the right price you think?

Plus there is a 1500 baht for clearing the land, which is really a mess (lots of bushes and small useless trees).

It seems that levelling the land is included in the price of the truck job.

Has anybody done it recently?

Thanks a lot and sorry if any mistake in my english.

Not a bad price at all. I paid more, 600 baht for a truck. My wifes family arranged it, I needed 36 trucks for my house....... I do not think there is more than 4 m3 in one truck.

2 Weeks ago i bought 5 trucks with fat black soil for the garden, also 600 a truck. The real good soil for grass and plants cost me 1200 baht a truck.

Edited by Joop50

How much fill is required? Then figure the cubic meters needed, number of truckloads etc. or drive around to a nearby moo ban and ask who filled their land and contact him. The type of fill dirt they want to use will be a factor and where it will come from. The scraper (grader) for leveling fill can be used to clear land if its only small trees/scrubs. I would recommend that you monitor loads on trucks and number when your paying for each load.

Get a couple or 3 bids from locals for a comparative number.

How much fill is required? Then figure the cubic meters needed, number of truckloads etc. or drive around to a nearby moo ban and ask who filled their land and contact him. The type of fill dirt they want to use will be a factor and where it will come from. The scraper (grader) for leveling fill can be used to clear land if its only small trees/scrubs. I would recommend that you monitor loads on trucks and number when your paying for each load.

Get a couple or 3 bids from locals for a comparative number.

Not sure what you are going to do on it. But if you are going to build on it I would strongly recommend that you have some major compaction done on it. otherwise it might settle and produce unwanted cracks.

I used to work in road work and compaction was always a big point in it.

Thanks to all for the useful answers and advices.

Yes i will build my house on it, but after almost 1 year from the filling job.

I will need about 800 cubic meter (so i guess around 200 trucks) since it doesn't need to be raised that much, only half meter,

and you can bet that me and my wife will be there to check everything!!

I will need about 800 cubic meter (so i guess around 200 trucks) since it doesn't need to be raised that much, only half meter,

If it sets for a year and it can be flooded that will help keep it from settling with a house on it. Actualy if you could bring it up in two lifts it would help. With a little compaction in between.

That's a good price, I was quoted 550 baht a load or 600 baht a load with a tractor to push it around.

The farangs in the Sansi area pay that 550 to 600 baht a load price. The locals know money when the see it.:lol: Get away from that area and it goes down. Over in Issan its 200 to 250 baht a load but in Bangkok it is 2500 baht a load.:shock1:

Also chances are your house and driveway will not take up the entire 1 rai, so you may not need to raise everything. Or raise some parts more than others.

• Like 1

Also chances are your house and driveway will not take up the entire 1 rai, so you may not need to raise everything. Or raise some parts more than others.

Interesting...i didn't think about this! I will keep it in mind, thank you.

To answer Gotlost: Yes i can confirm, in the village of my wife, 100km north of CM it costs 200 baht/truck, that's why i asked if 320 was appropriate. Our middleman knows that is no joking with us, we pay thai price otherwise nothing. I live in Phuket (4 years) and i know how to deal with people about price, anyway the land is my wife land so she is the one to speak, i always hide in the back....

Thank you all...

but i have now another question related to the land fill. Hope you will be so helpful again.

Reading another post it seems that is to be considered building also the wall together with the landfill job....(keep in mind i don't live yet in CM and i will build in 1 year).

In this way i could close the access to my land (is by a small paved road) with a temporary gate, so nobody could park, throw garbage or else on my land.

The question may be silly but i have no experience in this matter: finish the land job first or buid the wall before it? And how long can take and cost to build an average wall about 200m (my land is 80x20)?

I will very very grateful if you share your knowledge with me because is time for me to decide since we are leaving for CM next week and need to know exactly what to do.

Thank you all...

but i have now another question related to the land fill. Hope you will be so helpful again.

Reading another post it seems that is to be considered building also the wall together with the landfill job....(keep in mind i don't live yet in CM and i will build in 1 year).

In this way i could close the access to my land (is by a small paved road) with a temporary gate, so nobody could park, throw garbage or else on my land.

The question may be silly but i have no experience in this matter: finish the land job first or buid the wall before it? And how long can take and cost to build an average wall about 200m (my land is 80x20)?

I will very very grateful if you share your knowledge with me because is time for me to decide since we are leaving for CM next week and need to know exactly what to do.

Rough ball park with out bids around 100,000 baht. labor and material.

Rough ball park with out bids around 100,000 baht. labor and material.

It largely depends on the height and finish of the wall. I think 200m for 100,000 is pretty optimistic - the one we completed a few months ago (6 blocks high, rendered one side) was double that and we were quoted half as much again by another builder. If your plot stands alone and the wall is visible from the outside, you may want to render both sides as it's very unsightly and looks unfinished for evermore!. To avoid disputes with the neighbours, make sure you build the whole of the wall inside the boundary of your land leaving chanote markers untouched and easily visible.

Ask on the DIY Housing Forum about the best order to do the work but I have a feeling that building the wall and then doing the fill is probably the best approach.

nearly finished one now 80 lineal metres seven blocks high with 200mm concrete footing and 100mm concrete captotal costlabour 28000 baht (quoted job)materials running at b22000 thats only building it no render 3 to render as wll sand 1200b per truck 3cubic metre cement 85b per bag labour 270b per day