If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

Other than the classics, I really don't know much Elton John pre 80s so that was new to me - but awesome, thanks. I will definitely check out some more.

Pretty much all of Elton’s early albums started with a classic song.

Excuse my indulgence as I post a few more.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Wow, was that an industrial accident?

Haha - story time: when I was in high school in the late 80s I had an after-school job in a local supermarket stacking shelves after the store shut. There were maybe 20 of us working there each night, mostly people I knew from school, and every night the rockers took control of the store tannoy system, so for months and months I had to work while the tannoy blared out Def Leppard's Hysteria on repeat - they seemed to listen to nothing else ever. As a broody teenager who listened to little other than Talking Heads or Leonard Cohen, I hated it. 

I first heard the Pixies on Channel 4's indie music show one Saturday morning - they played the below video for Here Comes Your Man - and I was stunned at how good it was. I went out that afternoon to buy the album Doolittle on cassette and then went to the supermarket for my shift. After much pleading with the rockers, I convinced them to let me play my new cassette rather than have to listen to Def Leppard.  As Debaser kicked off then Black Francis started to sing, I can still recall how every head seemed to turn to look at me with a mix of outrage, confusion and disgust. I am not sure we made it to the end of that track before it was switched off and we reverted to the the familiar comfort of Pour Some Sugar On Me. God, how I hate that song.