If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

Jeez, sunshine51, I'd forgotten how many good songs there are on that album from QMS with the eagle on it. I can't have heard that since early 72 or 3 yet once the tracks started, the lyrics came flying back.

How music must be buried deep within us!

Bannork...oh Yeah!...Music is buried deep in the old organic file cabinets somewhere.

We just need a nudge to remember where we filed it! That's where youtube comes in

and a few words, even of not spot on, in their search bar. Now I don't advocate illegal

downloads however....grab it while you can, when you can because you can't buy it

anymore...well most of it anyway. It's gonna be a Bay area R & R fest at our home

this weekend...in fact...it's already started! Cheers!!!

Who is playing....and where?

PG...Everybody I've posted yesterday plus...Canned Heat, Jef Airplane/Starship, Grateful Dead with

a special appearance by Jerry Garcia, Journey (old lineup), Hot Tuna, BB&THC (Ms Joplin), Otis

Redding, Wilson Picket, Dinosaurs, Phish, Beach Boys, Tull...and a host of others.

Venue...somewhere just South of Ranong...about 18 kilometers outta town centre. Keep your

windows down for exact location. Bring a keg...full one.

In the valley where the loons and lovers play
Lived two children who were born on Saturday
One was dark, one was fair

Fathered by the hawk, mothered by the mare
Stranger children you will never see

Brothers of the forest and the sea
One was land, one was air
and they kept the fires burning there.

In a golden vessel and silver vase
Kept them burning in the strange enchanted place
Kept them burning to the sky
For they knew someday the sun would die

That's the thing about America, you have all this wonderful space. Us poor folk from the UK are reduced to singing about roundabouts in Milton Keynes, poor deprived s..ds

• Like 1

REM

Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight (In Time best of REM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2sFSbn7ZIw

Great REM tune man. I was living on Bali when this was "on the air"

the song fit the perspective very well. So did all the songs on the

YT playlist of this song....

Especially the one above...Damn good band BTW.

Edited by sunshine51

Being a low income worker ain't much fun in the city.

Deang Jittakorn seems to have gone off the rails a bit a few years ago, the last time I saw him he looked pretty ill. Maleng wang bor is his best song, i'll have a look for it. Love top line diamond they are without doubt the most authentic label, none of that luktung/phuacheewit malarky. Think they have a few pop like acts though, aren't super valentine one of theirs? yet another girl trio.

Here it is, great song, see you in the evening, or something like that.

Edited by jacky54

Bob Seger - Turn The Page... (On the Road Again...)

This particular video is brilliant and his voice awesome.

edit: I'm literally going through this right now and all. Cheating wife + Lying wife = klown packs a bag and goes to Heathrow...

Edited by kayo

Just discovered this guy- more people should...

I've been listening to Matthew Ryan since I left for LOS in 2000... and still do. Some of his output has been a bit too poppy for my liking,

but the rest of it is phenomenal, strange story-like songwriting.

His musicianship isn't spectacular, but his presence is fairly powerful.

Some of his I'd recommend are Happy Hour (very slow and quiet, end of night song)

Guilty

Irrelevant

Chrome

I must love leaving

Hi Wiki Entry seems pretty complete with links to info on each album. He didn't have a wiki last time I looked a few years back.

Edited by kayo

Just discovered this guy- more people should...

I've been listening to Matthew Ryan since I left for LOS in 2000... and still do. Some of his output has been a bit too poppy for my liking,

but the rest of it is phenomenal, strange story-like songwriting.

His musicianship isn't spectacular, but his presence is fairly powerful.

Some of his I'd recommend are Happy Hour (very slow and quiet, end of night song)

Guilty

Irrelevant

Chrome

I must love leaving

Hi Wiki Entry seems pretty complete with links to info on each album. He didn't have a wiki last time I looked a few years back.

I "stumbled" onto him, because I just luuuuuuuuuuurve The Gaslight Anthem and there is a video on youtube, of him and TGA's Brian Fallon. The acoustic version of "I can't steal you"! It send shivers down my spine!

This one: