If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

More great 60s music following on trans, this guy's voice used to boom out of my tinny transistor

more exuberance! love the enthusiasm... jeez at that time I was too young to have a baby whom I wanted to come back but never mind, the groove was there, the infectious rhythm...lol

The sea has killed quite a few musicians, whether from drowning or accidents, apart from Kirsty, there was Randy California, drowned whilst trying to save his son from a rip tide and Dennis Wilson, the Beach Boys drummer, wasted, but yearning to be more

Motörhead - Ace Of Spades [Live 2006]

Just got notice that Lemmy expired. That sucks..

Ian 'Lemmy' Kilmister (1945-2015)

I first recall meeting Lemmy at about 3am when I answered a rather insistent knock on the door of the flat I shared with Wilko. My room was nearest to the front door and Wilko wasn’t in. He said he was a friend and could he just sit down for a while. He said he would let himself out. It was obvious the guy was totally wired.

Over the next few years our paths crossed and he would always have an envious dig about us doing TOTP.

We arranged a cricket match against the press one day and he was supposed to play. He turned up with a doctor’s note. He had a verruca.

A few years back I bumped into him backstage at Guilfest surrounded by one armed bandits and I said it didn’t look quite right that his beard and hair were all jet black but he replied that’s what was expected of him.

Last summer we had the pleasure of playing with Motörhead at the Eden project. After we came off he came over to me and graciously said that they should have been supporting us!

I thought then that I didn’t think he wasn’t long for this world. His look was distant, the life force was dimmed.

He was always gracious to me. A class act. A huge presence in the pantheon of rock.

J.J. Burnel 29th December 2015

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 1