Punjabi Tadka Indian Restaurant, South Pattaya

Jingthing

Been a few times to the Orange Indian now and it's definitely a good find, easily the best Indian food in Pattaya and with reasonable prices too.

Only wish they where on Door2Door or another of the delivery services as trying to park nearby is virtually impossible (in a car at least).

I'm absolutely addicted to their lamb samosas.

• Like 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to give a try, just finished eating.

Ordered 2 lots of chicken samosa not bad, little spicey but good,

4 popperdoms tasty, did not get any Raita, onions etc,I did expect it to be included.

1 chicken korma & 1 butter chicken, way way way too salty, even the wife turned her nose up at it,also mainly bones only 4 pieces per portion, tasty but disappointed at 150 baht per portion

4 naan breads ok

total of 670 Baht, would not go back again, my 2cents worth! But you never know until you try.

Sounds like you ordered badly. Up to you.

ordered badly ? What is that supposed to mean?

Some things are better than others there, like any restaurant. Duh! Also kind of a non-adventurous order.

You are right, seems like a non-adventurous order. They should be able to get it right, you should not blame the customer.

Decided to give a try, just finished eating.

Ordered 2 lots of chicken samosa not bad, little spicey but good,

4 popperdoms tasty, did not get any Raita, onions etc,I did expect it to be included.

1 chicken korma & 1 butter chicken, way way way too salty, even the wife turned her nose up at it,also mainly bones only 4 pieces per portion, tasty but disappointed at 150 baht per portion

4 naan breads ok

total of 670 Baht, would not go back again, my 2cents worth! But you never know until you try.

Give it another go, and try some different curries. No need for 4 naans.

Also, if the food is too salty, you could always try to tell the waitress to make it less salty. It may work.

I do think it was a bad order. Two wet chicken curries? Why not a veg dish? Why not some tandoori? Why not a dry curry? Why not a chat/salad dish? Chicken also for the samosa? Hmmm. You want raita? It's on the menu.

BTW, the neighborhood is in the most INDIAN area in town, regardless of the sex tourists.

Edited by Jingthing

my motto......never let the gastronomic popinjays get under your skin....I am always suspicious of people who push a place too hard...they are usuallly either shills representing the owner, getting undisclosed benefits, or have a hidden agenda.....I'm equally suspicious of the overly critical......anyway, if we all end up liking the same stuff then this world will really suck!

Back on topic, I stand by my comments on this joint...decent enough grub, friendly people, etc, but what Pattaya really needs is street hawker style and priced Indian-food....Malaysia, Singapore and other places have it, tasty and at good prices, usually on par or cheaper than the local Chinese stuff....no reason why Thailand can't. The ingredients are all found locally and the labour cost is low....

Unfortunately most of the Indian joints including this one cater to the tourist crowd...and possibly Thais do not eat enough Indian to justify a low cost profitable street hawker venue...

• Like 1

i pass this place 6 days a week in the evening around dinner time and have never seen anyone eating there. My guess is it won't last long

There may have been customers in the air-con room at the back. You can't really see this from the street. I hope that it does survive as it's probably the best Indian food in Pattaya at the moment. The Tikka Centre on Soi Bukaow - top of Soi Honey - is also pretty good if you're in that part of town.

DM

i pass this place 6 days a week in the evening around dinner time and have never seen anyone eating there. My guess is it won't last long

There may have been customers in the air-con room at the back. You can't really see this from the street. I hope that it does survive as it's probably the best Indian food in Pattaya at the moment. The Tikka Centre on Soi Bukaow - top of Soi Honey - is also pretty good if you're in that part of town.

DM

i wonder how long that tandoori has been sitting in the window

The Tikka Centre on Soi Bukaow - top of Soi Honey - is also pretty good if you're in that part of town.

DM

How recently have you visited this place? When it first opened about 4/5 years ago it was O.K. but quality went downhill fast and there was a thread about how it had (sadly) gone downhill.

Eaten there three times now. Taken some others to try it too.. All have enjoyed the food. Like me they have spent alot of time in South East and South Asia so have a good idea of what to expect.

No it isn't quite the standard that I'd expect in Singas or Mumbai but for Pattaya it is very good especially considering the price compared to other Indian restos in town.

As has been said you ain't gonna please everybody.. Many people have a different idea of what they expect Indian food to taste like. Many have only eaten homogenised/westernised Indian food so when presented with something authentic they turn their nose up.. (only have to compare the sickly overly creamy 'Thai' food given to tourist with the real thing to understand)

Have to say I agree with JT that the unsatisfied fella ordered badly.. Once I read that he thought the Chicken samosas were 'too spicy'' I knew all I needed.:rolleyes:

Indian food is by nature 'spicy' ( no I don't mean 'hot' as in 'chilli hot' ) I mean it is made with a combination of spices.. if you don't like spiced food or food with chilli.. eat something else.. Don't moan and get them to modify it.. Cos the rest of us who like authentic food then have to suffer... Same as every Thai no thinks farangs can't eat hot/spicy food..

FYI on the last visit we had mutton samosas and tandoori chicken as a 'starter' followed by Mutton Curry, Chicken Do Piaza, Aloo gobi , Jeera rice and a pile of tandoori roti ( not naan breads!) all very generous portions and very tasty.. When you see Thais mopping their plate with the bread you know it must be good.. Only hope they continue to offer good food at a good price as since Ahaar closed there aren't many decent Indian places left. Certainly none that you could call good value..