Latest Grand Prix

rbrb

With no live English football on the television yet, taking a look at the recent British Grand Prix is a sobering experience.

F1 motor racing is tedious, repetitive and boring and the British one was no exception.

These races always seem to follow a similar pattern.

For almost 2 hours we have to endure noisy and over-priced pieces of junk aimlessly speeding around a cement track; invariably the one which takes the lead keeps it, and rarely does that lead vehicle surrender its' non-competitive front position.

And why is it that we have tv commentators screaming "in your face" for most of the race?!

(Its' bad enough with the extreme noise of the vehicles).

And even worse these commentators seem to have a nonsensical language of their own; what with the likes of usage such as "2 stop"/"3-stop" strategy et al.

mind you the most "exciting"(sic) feature of the race is when the jalopies come into the pit and it only then becomes remotely of interest when something goes awry either then or on the track.....

surely it can be said that this "sport" is the most boring ever. way ahead of tiddlewinks and synchronised swimming!!!

Right?

Edited by rbrb

For almost 2 hours we have to endure noisy and over-priced pieces of junk aimlessly speeding around a cement track

I have an 'off' button on my TV. Also a channel changer. And the tracks are not cement, they are blacktop.

And why is it that we have tv commentators screaming "in your face" for most of the race?!

I believe that this happens on most televised sports.

surely it can be said that this "sport" is the most boring ever. way ahead of  tiddlewinks and synchronised swimming!!!

Right?

How about basketball?

If it is excitement and lead changes that crank your gears, and you can stay awake, try the NASCAR Nextel Cup, on UBC 35 late Sunday night. And before you start, yes they do use oval type tracks which some abhor but it still beats F1 hands down for excitement as well as knowledgeable announcers adding colorful and insightful commentary.

With no live English football on the television yet, taking a look at the recent British Grand Prix is a sobering experience.

F1 motor racing is tedious, repetitive and boring and the British one was no exception.

For almost 2 hours we have to endure noisy and over-priced pieces of junk aimlessly speeding around a cement track; invariably the one which takes the lead keeps it, and rarely does that lead vehicle surrender its' non-competitive front position.

And even worse these commentators seem to have a nonsensical language of their own; what with the likes of  usage such as "2 stop"/"3-stop" strategy et al.

mind you the most "exciting"(sic) feature of the race is when the jalopies come into the pit and it only then becomes remotely of interest when something goes awry either then or on the track.....

surely it can be said that this "sport" is the most boring ever. way ahead of  tiddlewinks and synchronised swimming!!!

Right?

My attitude to sport is the same as my attitude to sex:

I love doing it myself, but I find it too boring to watch other people doing it.

Besides, my experience is that the biggest fans of watching sport are usually the ones who would benefit the most from doing some exercise themselves.....

LOVE that sound!

Pleased for Montoya's result as well.

A recent survey of F1 fans found the vast majority wanted more overtaking opportunities etc to 'liven' the races up. Can't say I disagree...but worry about a dumbing down of what was an exciting sport

And even worse these commentators seem to have a nonsensical language of their own; what with the likes of  usage such as "2 stop"/"3-stop" strategy et al.

Right?

Would'nt the solution be to not watch it instead of boring all of us with your moaning? :o

If it is excitement and lead changes that crank your gears, and you can stay awake, try the NASCAR Nextel Cup, on UBC 35 late Sunday night. And before you start, yes they do use oval type tracks which some abhor but it still beats F1 hands down for excitement as well as knowledgeable announcers adding colorful and insightful commentary.

I think the F1 announcers are great and very knowledgeable.I can watch water go round and round the kitchen sink when I let the plug out if I want to watch things like this. :D

Isn't each F1 meet the single most watched regular sporting event in the world? :o

I think the F1 announcers are great and very knowledgeable.I can watch water go round and round the kitchen sink when I let the plug out if I want to watch things like this. :D

Isn't each F1 meet the single most watched regular sporting event in the world? :D

Isn't it amazing that some people actually pay money to see cars drive around in circles...... :o

Yeah, but with all US motorsports they artificially keep cars together by bringing out the safety car whenever any mundane incident occurs.

Oh yeah, and they don't have corners!!

Edited by Grant

Isn't each F1 meet the single most watched regular sporting event in the world? :D

I think that it's third behind the olympics and the world cup. That's if you consider every 4 years to be regular.

You're all wrong....The 'Tour de France' is the biggest live spectator sport in the world. Although it's held over a long period, I think I can say that more people watch it as a single race than all the other sports put together. O.K. the pedantic among you will argue that each stage is a different race, but then I expect a lot of you to disagree when I know it's true :o

I think that it's third behind the olympics and the world cup. That's if you consider every 4 years to be regular.

You're all wrong....The 'Tour de France' is the biggest live spectator sport in the world. Although it's held over a long period, I think I can say that more people watch it as a single race than all the other sports put together. O.K. the pedantic among you will argue that each stage is a different race, but then I expect a lot of you to disagree when I know it's true :o

don't disagree, but regular to me means every week or so.Also there is the RWC too.... :D

Went to Silverstone, British Grand Prix last weekend,

You really have to go to experience the noise,atmosphere, the other activities over the weekend, and of course the Fosters Girls :o

I've only ever been to one F1 meet race and that was also Silverstone about 10 years ago :D

I recommend anyone to go even ifs its just to experience the noise and speed. (we were at the bottom of the straight, **** me! unbelievable)