Patong Pool Club

wookienookie

Yes it is opening very soon, I talked to Russ the owner recently and club sounds very good and looks great, it will have 9 Brunswick tables.

The club is located in Nanai rd about 100mtrs from the end of Banzan Road opposite end of Market, at end turn left. cluib on right.

promo thread ftw, kenny are you the owner or the owners mate?

I know the owner but not very well from when I used to drink in the aussie bar a long time ago, I played pool with him a few times, bumped into him recently and he told me about his new bar etc , dont know if the 1st post is a promotion or not thought I was being helpfull, I have nothing to do with the pool hall.

Hi all, it was my post, just a simple question about the pool club it was my first post just thought I would start with something simple! Glad I did not start with something serious all hel_l might have broken loose. Does the term 'chill pill' mean anything to you Sam?

Edited by wookienookie

Just to say I don't understand old crocs post but think he is getting at someone wanting to know that a pool hall has a certain type of table, well if you love pool you want to play on the best, if you love golf you want to play on the best course, if you love cars you want to drive the best, myself I love fishing so I would want someone to tell me where the best place to fish is, I am sure old croc to has something he loves and would like the best, enough said let's keep this forum friendly whats the point in anything otherwise.

I went passed yesterday and stopped by to take a look. Looks like its going to be the creme de la creme of pool venues in Phuket. Met the owners one aussie and one Brit both top blokes but poor pool players so i guess they will get plenty of practise now!!! 55555 

Its not just a pool lounge either, have multiple FSTV's a nice bar and seating area a bit like a Sports Bar i guess. Opening early September i believe and i'll certainly be frequenting the place.

Yes there are 9 brand new Brunswick tables 8off 8' X 4" and 1off 9' X 4.5' they will be using quality balls and cues also...

They have the sign up already.... Patong Pool Club and Sports Bar

Hope that helps WookieNookie   B)  

Edited by Rickster

Thanks for the info Rickster, will get chance to look myself when I go to patong this week-end, does anyone know when they will be open?<br>

Judging by what i saw, i would estimate them opening  around 1 - 2 weeks from now. Tables are in and set , floor tiles are ready to go down and then its just soft furnishings and cosmetic stuff. I'll keep you posted as i go past there most days...

I wonder why there aren't more of the bigger 4.5' X 9' size tables as opposed to the easier 4' X 8' tables. A serious pool hall should have serious full regulation size tables IMO :).

The owners want it to be easy so you play 6, 7 or 8 games an hour at 30 baht a game.

i heard the price is 260baht /hour...any more info on this

i realise that the tables are really good, but..?

Maybe will ensure only serious players, and not the drunken mob playing on basic bar type pool tables everywhere else

When lots of bars have decent tables for free.. Thats going to have some competition..

260baht/hour is still cheaper for serious players than playing in chang for example 20baht/game and the quality of play will be so much higher (not that anyone would go to chang to play pool seriously)

i dont think this place ever wanted to cater to some random drunks anyway

260baht/hour is still cheaper for serious players than playing in chang for example 20baht/game and the quality of play will be so much higher (not that anyone would go to chang to play pool seriously)

I agree. 130 baht each, for a quality table in a good location is very reasonable. Playing snooker/pool in a proper club is so much more enjoyable than just being in a bar that's got a table. Price wise though, I think they could do themselves a huge favour by selling their beer at a reasonable price, it will be OTT beer prices that keeps people away, not the table prices.

Are all these tables 8 or 9 ball?? I'm getting confused by the measurements. They seem to be 9 ball size but I thought everyone played 8 ball on Phuket.

I agree. 130 baht each, for a quality table in a good location is very reasonable. Playing snooker/pool in a proper club is so much more enjoyable than just being in a bar that's got a table. Price wise though, I think they could do themselves a huge favour by selling their beer at a reasonable price, it will be OTT beer prices that keeps people away, not the table prices.

Are all these tables 8 or 9 ball?? I'm getting confused by the measurements. They seem to be 9 ball size but I thought everyone played 8 ball on Phuket.

Hi all, I have been in and met the guys (john & Russ) yesterday. Asked them about the the table size and they have one 9ft and eight 8ft, they said the 8ft tables better suit most players and make it more fun, anyway most bars in Patong have 6ft or 7ft tables, and no one has Brunswick. I have to say (honest comment) this is a smart gaff, John took me on a tour, it will be a lovely place to play. The table cost is going to be 240bt per hour (120bt each...not bad), but for you tight &lt;deleted&gt;, they have a limited discount membership and I bought the first one. Read it and weep.....!

Hi all, I have been in and met the guys (john & Russ) yesterday. Asked them about the the table size and they have one 9ft and eight 8ft, they said the 8ft tables better suit most players and make it more fun, anyway most bars in Patong have 6ft or 7ft tables, and no one has Brunswick. I have to say (honest comment) this is a smart gaff, John took me on a tour, it will be a lovely place to play. The table cost is going to be 240bt per hour (120bt each...not bad), but for you tight &lt;deleted&gt;, they have a limited discount membership and I bought the first one. Read it and weep.....!

Sounds good. The pool scene in phuket is complete crap, so this is a step in the right direction. Wish I'd taken the plunge to do something similar when I was thinking about it a few years ago - could be a goldmine. Shame there aren't more 9 footers though.

Where is it exactly? Just after the Banzaan junction on the right? That would make it opposite the Beach House Bar area?

Hi all, me and a mate went to the new pool club yesterday early evening as the signs were up that they had opened. Gotta say the place is brilliant and the pool tables and equipment are a pleasure to use. Friendly staff, draught beers and the sport on several big screen made it a great experience. We played for 2 hours and came back later for another 2 hours it was kind of addictive even though my mate got a right royal flogging!!!

Gotta be the number place to play pool in Patong by a country mile, highly recommended  10/10

• 1 month later...

Rickster, have u played against neither one of the owners? Only one who sucks at pool is the third owner(sorry about that if u read this Olle, but its true ) Both Russ and Big John are great players, where John is the better one.

Winning almost every tournament at the Absolute pub in Jungceylon ;)

They told me that there will be 8 ball tournaments 3-4 times a week with a 6000-7500baht prizepool.

Cu in beginning of november guys/ Jimmy